The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

2 hours ago, Diamond. Dave said:

I have to say as an observer of this politics forum there is a severe lack of reality and representation bias in it. The majority of people in Scotland are not obsessed with politics and do not support independence. Unfortunately many are scared to speak out at the risk of unpleasant responses from nationalists, being called racists and so on. I am simply one of the many normal Scots who understands that our Country would collapse on its own.

Scotland has very limited prospects as an independent country and has for many years been run by a corrupt political party. The SNP still wish to join the EU upon gaining independence, simply swapping Westminster for Brussels. This is clearly not independence and in any case won't happen as Scotland doesn't meet the entry requirements, particularly economically due to consistently having one of the worst deficits in Europe.

Someone has swallowed bucketloads of unionism jizz.

Just now, Johnny Martin said:

Day Of The Lords/Benjamin Nevis found.

Sounded more like Duries Air Freshener.

Just out of interest, what is this 'Northern Powerhouse' they are talking about? It appears to be a series promises to invest and build in the North that never materialised.

Ironically enough if Scotland were to become independent and join the EU then the trade border being established would force rUK to actually invest in infrastructure in the North. It would be be good for both sides. or that area.

3 hours ago, Diamond. Dave said:

I have to say as an observer of this politics forum there is a severe lack of reality and representation bias in it. The majority of people in Scotland are not obsessed with politics and do not support independence. Unfortunately many are scared to speak out at the risk of unpleasant responses from nationalists, being called racists and so on. I am simply one of the many normal Scots who understands that our Country would collapse on its own.

Scotland has very limited prospects as an independent country and has for many years been run by a corrupt political party. The SNP still wish to join the EU upon gaining independence, simply swapping Westminster for Brussels. This is clearly not independence and in any case won't happen as Scotland doesn't meet the entry requirements, particularly economically due to consistently having one of the worst deficits in Europe.

As a Unionist i think this place clearly leans to one side of the argument but all in all I've found most posters to be relativley sensible and able to engage in decent discourse. This post should correctly be ridiculed although it seems like a low hanging fruit trolling exercise imo. 

3 hours ago, Diamond. Dave said:

Anyone who starts a post with 'I have to say' cannot ever be taken seriously. 

Sorry Dave.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Anyone who starts a post with 'I have to say' cannot ever be taken seriously. 

Sorry Dave.

He might actually have a point with his assertion that the majority of Scots are not obsessed with politics.

A quick glance around this forum could create an impression that a good number of Scots are more obsessed with the exploits of mediocre daytime TV presenters than with our political heroes and villains.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

8 minutes ago, Diamond. Dave said:

I'm not interested in discussing politics anyway, particulary with Scottish nationalists as it's a waste of time. Everyone is entitled to their view but Scottish nationalists are a minority because every argument they use is full of holes. I hope I live to see the day where a vote for the SNP is a wasted vote like it was for most of their existence. Personally I prefer to avoid nationalists, leftists, woke cancel culture and the rest of them and enjoy the rising success of the people's news channel GB News.

3 hours ago, RuMoore said:

This post should correctly be ridiculed although it seems like a low hanging fruit trolling exercise imo. 

10 minutes ago, Diamond. Dave said:

I'm not interested in discussing politics anyway, particulary with Scottish nationalists as it's a waste of time. Everyone is entitled to their view but Scottish nationalists are a minority because every argument they use is full of holes. I hope I live to see the day where a vote for the SNP is a wasted vote like it was for most of their existence. Personally I prefer to avoid nationalists, leftists, woke cancel culture and the rest of them and enjoy the rising success of the people's news channel GB News.

image.png.35cb8a5b94a674cd99595da34d13b7a0.png

Another soon to be banned Yoon alias. How tragic.

6 hours ago, Diamond. Dave said:

You've got some neck showing your face around here-

image.png

6 hours ago, Diamond. Dave said:

Definitely a troll.

Quite a few playing the man instead of the ball as per usual.

The most amusing part was someone mentioning "swallowing unionism jizz" accusing someone else of trolling.

Edited by DiscoStu

14 hours ago, RuMoore said:

As a Unionist i think this place clearly leans to one side of the argument but all in all I've found most posters to be relativley sensible and able to engage in decent discourse. This post should correctly be ridiculed although it seems like a low hanging fruit trolling exercise imo. 

McGlashan baiting on P&B is like trolling on beginner level. Sure it's easy but it can't possibly be rewarding. 

15 hours ago, Zern said:

Just out of interest, what is this 'Northern Powerhouse' they are talking about? It appears to be a series promises to invest and build in the North that never materialised.

The accusation down in England is that the focus is always on London.

Liverpool, Manchester, Bradford, Leeds, Sheffield and Hull are some of the largest places in England and located close to the M62.  The suggestion is that if they were better interconnected and could operate more as a single economic unit then that would transform the area completely. 

Like you say, it never happens.

12 hours ago, Diamond. Dave said:

No photo description available.

Taking it well I see.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

The accusation down in England is that the focus is always on London.

Liverpool, Manchester, Bradford, Leeds, Sheffield and Hull are some of the largest places in England and located close to the M62.  The suggestion is that if they were better interconnected and could operate more as a single economic unit then that would transform the area completely. 

Like you say, it never happens.

Just on the transport front alone they have a point. London has had Crossrail and the Elizabeth line plus HS2 will now go only to Birmingham. Can’t think of anything remotely comparable in the North since Manchester got trams in the 90s