The normalisation of the far-right continues

Guest Bob Mahelp

Would love to know what your definition of ‘right wing’ is?

Most of the tv stations in the US are left wing - CNN, MSNBC, Bloomberg for example, with Fox being the only right of centre channel.

In the UK, despite supposed to being neutral CH4 is incredibly left wing with the BBC, ITV and Sky all being moderately leftish.

I don’t think there can be any debate about that but most of the people on here are steeped in leftish ideology.

15 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Most of the tv stations in the US are left wing - CNN, MSNBC, Bloomberg for example, with Fox being the only right of centre channel.

In the UK, despite supposed to being neutral CH4 is incredibly left wing with the BBC, ITV and Sky all being moderately leftish.

I don’t think there can be any debate about that but most of the people on here are steeped in leftish ideology.

its all subjective depending on where you sit on the political spectrum. There is probably no debate amongst hard right voters that Sky and BBC is moderately left(ish).....

39 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

There are other right wing channels in the States. OAN for example are a bunch of far right lunatics.

I too watch as the BBC hires a never ending conveyor belt of former conservative chairmen, candidates and members as political editors and come to the conclusion that they are a deeply left wing organisation.

I think the BBC in general is rather London centric and has to be relativley progressive which angers people on the right but the fact they are seen as an establishment state spokesperson seems to anger people on the left. 

They're both wrong. 

36 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I too watch as the BBC hires a never ending conveyor belt of former conservative chairmen, candidates and members as political editors and come to the conclusion that they are a deeply left wing organisation.

Lewis Goodall on Newsnight??

Guest Bob Mahelp

This GB news is just going to be a television version of the Daily Mail/Express, isn't it ?

They'll spend all their time lashing out at their bogeymen....the EU/SNP/Labour/anyone progressive.... it'll be repeated daily in the right wing press, and we'll go round and round in an endless gammon circle. 

Can't believe DPB is actually getting bites on this  :blink:

I can’t believe anyone thinks the US media is in anyway Left Wing, the Democrats aren’t a Left Wing party they’re Right Wing but just not as Right Wing as the Republicans. The Yanks are completely Right of Centre politically.

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I can’t believe anyone thinks the US media is in anyway Left Wing, the Democrats aren’t a Left Wing party they’re Right Wing but just not as Right Wing as the Republicans. The Yanks are completely Right of Centre politically.

Bernie Sanders???

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Error

Bernie Sanders???

He’s as Left as you’ll find in the USA and leader of no party for that exact reason. Both the Republican and Democrats sit Right of Centre and almost all US news is pretty Right Wing, claiming Fox News is Right and CNN is left is nonsense. They’re both Right Wing just Fox is further Right.

9 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

He’s as Left as you’ll find in the USA and leader of no party for that exact reason. Both the Republican and Democrats sit Right of Centre and almost all US news is pretty Right Wing, claiming Fox News is Right and CNN is left is nonsense. They’re both Right Wing just Fox is further Right.

I suppose it’s all down to where your starting point is from?

I suppose it’s all down to where your starting point is from?

Only from your personal point of view, if you’re very Right Wing like UKIP voters or Tory ERG you’ll see the Democrats as Left wing and their News supporting channels as Left Wing. However if your stating to the general public on a forum that The Democrats are Left Wing and their News is Left Wing then no you’d be wrong. Your personal opinions doesn’t change the position of parties and News channels on the political compass.