Israel lobby v Corbyn

Jdog

It's just a fact the UK is governed by Tories two thirds of the time cause England generally votes Tory.  That's reality.  If you want to remain in the UK you want tto live under a Tory government most of the rest of your life.  To deny that is to deny reality.
This, and anyone in Scotland who supports Corbyn is also supporting an English democracy

This, and anyone in Scotland who supports Corbyn is also supporting an English democracy

Define support.

IMO the current situation creates a weird position for lefties in Scotland, clear that being part of a United Kingdom will likely have a right wing government so supporting independence has a large appeal. However if on the rare chance labour enter and sustain government with momentum still being a strong voice in the party then that also holds a strong appeal. Place your bets ...

The labour/snp coalition with 2nd referendum on the cards towards end of term would be very interesting. But whilst scottish lefties think it's a dream combo, little englanders see it as a nightmare and that's probably enough to ensure it never happens.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Define support.

IMO the current situation creates a weird position for lefties in Scotland, clear that being part of a United Kingdom will likely have a right wing government so supporting independence has a large appeal. However if on the rare chance labour enter and sustain government with momentum still being a strong voice in the party then that also holds a strong appeal. Place your bets ...

The labour/snp coalition with 2nd referendum on the cards towards end of term would be very interesting. But whilst scottish lefties think it's a dream combo, little englanders see it as a nightmare and that's probably enough to ensure it never happens.

I'm a 'leftie' and Labour can get so far to f**k. Them in coalition with anyone would be pish as they're a bag of corrupt c***s who are increasingly right wing in their outlook and policies

I'm a 'leftie' and Labour can get so far to f**k. Them in coalition with anyone would be pish as they're a bag of corrupt c***s who are increasingly right wing in their outlook and policies
Jeremy Corbyn is comfortably to the left of the SNP.

15 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
38 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yet almost all of his most popular policies the SNP have already enacted, the rest labour made sure they don't have the power to enact.  

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

That's great.

Is he ever going to be in a position to enact any of these policies?

If not, why would anyone ever consider voting for him, especially as many of his own MP's are actively trying to ensure that these policies are never implemented?

6 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Yet almost all of his most popular policies the SNP have already enacted, the rest labour made sure they don't have the power to enact.  

'Almost all'. 

We have been through this before you are talking shite. The SNP have set their stall out via Andrew Wilson and it involves permament austrity and submission to a foreign central bank.

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

A ‘leftie’ who would prefer a Tory government.

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:
9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

That's nice. Shame his party aren't. Also I'm not an SNP member

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

A ‘leftie’ who would prefer a Tory government.

Erm...no. If you could point out where I said I would then that would be great.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Erm...no. If you could point out where I said I would then that would be great.

I'm extrapolating.

I have made the following point before, it's a point that some folk choose to ignore.

Like it or not we are still part of the UK and as such the government of the UK impacts significantly upon us.  There next UK government is going to be a Tory one or a Labour one;  I, for one, would prefer a Labour one but ideally one that is dependent upon SNP support.

Put another way, Labour is the lesser of two evils.

I'm extrapolating.
I have made the following point before, it's a point that some folk choose to ignore.
Like it or not we are still part of the UK and as such the government of the UK impacts significantly upon us.  There next UK government is going to be a Tory one or a Labour one;  I, for one, would prefer a Labour one but ideally one that is dependent upon SNP support.

So why vote labour then, just vote SNP

1 hour ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:
I'm extrapolating.

So why vote labour then, just vote SNP

That’s what I’ll be doing but I bet you we don’t get an SNP government at Westminster* so I will take an interest on what sort of government we do get and will hope for a Labour one.

* if you want to take me up on this bet I will give you decent odds.