Israel lobby v Corbyn

Jdog

2 hours ago, Jdog said:

Israel has been bombing the Gaza strip for the last 24hrs...the MSM must have missed that?

If roles were reversed we would have invaded Israel at least forty years ago.  They are the biggest violator of international law by miles, have been conducting a campaign of genocide/ethnic cleansing for decades and have attacked all their neighbours multiple times.  This goes on every day.  

And btw, one day wwiii will begin, hundreds of millions perhaps billions will die, and large parts of the world will become uninhabitable.  And Israel will be the cause.

And just for completeness what are some notable Labour Sex Scandals?

John Prescott, Keith Vaz?

ETA, particularly Keith Fuckin Vaz, a smug sanctimonious, holier than thou hypocrite, the very worst sort of duplicitous politician (irrespective of their colours). “ Do as I preach to you, not as I behave myself”

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Hang on, no worries about the 200 crappy but lethal rockets Hamas attacked Israel with?

Funny how Israel knows exactly what residential blocks to destroy after an attack:rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Jdog said:

Israel has been bombing the Gaza strip for the last 24hrs...the MSM must have missed that?

Quoting a regressive leftist (and plagiariser) like C J Werleman - Jesus wept (or in Werleman's case- would be crucified).

That would be akin to a Likudist using Andrea Levin to back up their argument.

The reality is that we never ever get balanced news from the Middle East.

Neither Israel nor Palestine is exactly a shining example of an open and fair media system. Palestine ranks 130/180 in terms of press freedom according to Reporters Without Borders, the nonprofit that advocates internationally for journalists’ and news organizations’ rights. The media there is listed as a “very difficult situation,” wedging it between Libya and Chad on the press rights rankings.    But Israel ranks not much higher on the list at 96th. (The USA is 46th, and the UK is 33rd. Finland is at the very top of the list). In the Jewish state, RWB reports, “freedom of information is often sacrificed to purported security requirements.”

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Quoting a regressive leftist (and plagiariser) like C J Werleman - Jesus wept (or in Werleman's case- would be crucified).
Neither Israel nor Palestine is exactly a shining example of an open and fair media system. Palestine ranks 130/180 in terms of press freedom according to Reporters Without Borders, the nonprofit that advocates internationally for journalists’ and news organizations’ rights. The media there is listed as a “very difficult situation,” wedging it between Libya and Chad on the press rights rankings.    But Israel ranks not much higher on the list at 96th. (The USA is 46th, and the UK is 33rd. Finland is at the very top of the list). In the Jewish state, RWB reports, “freedom of information is often sacrificed to purported security requirements.”
Agreed. But I'd be interested to see clarification of those BBC headlines. That's pretty shocking if legit.

36 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Agreed. But I'd be interested to see clarification of those BBC headlines. That's pretty shocking if legit.

I think that's why the only way to try and get a balanced view is to dig yourself.  Bizarrely organsiations such as CAMERA (on the Israeli side) and FAIR (on the Palestinian side) have brought to light some of the more questionable propaganda on both sides.  There is also the issue that when it comes to Israel/Palestine that most of the reporting is second-hand - not directly witnessed but reported on the basis of information (or disinformation) given.

Here's a classic example:

image.png.62934ff666d531b11c4ac22ccaf5c09e.png

One's instant reaction is that this is a Palestinian being beaten up - the truth?  The Palestinian is actually Tuvia Grossman, an American-Israeli man being defended from a violent mob by an Israeli police officer.

For balance - here's another:

image.png.60e9d20847d9265a2ae6c5a32e621251.png

It was a widely shared photo on Facebook, supposedly showing Arabs in northern Israel celebrating the death of 2 Israelis in a shooting attack by an Israeli Arab in Tel Aviv - it was later found to be a two-year-old image from Lebanon.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

You can't seriously compare Israeli Propaganda with Palestinian Propaganda?..The Israeli side is virtually always given top billing in the West.

Israel is a brutal right wing racist apartheid ethnocracy hell bent on 'reclaiming' it's historical land, all whilst continuing it's decades long on off blockade by land air and sea of the world's most densely populated area, yet we're supposed to have a balanced view of any of their relentless War crimes.

I'm old enough to have supported the "Blacks"and their terrorism in the old SA,and at the same time I support the Palestinians and still do.

Edited by Jdog

9 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

John Prescott, Keith Vaz?

ETA, particularly Keith Fuckin Vaz, a smug sanctimonious, holier than thou hypocrite, the very worst sort of duplicitous politician (irrespective of their colours). “ Do as I preach to you, not as I behave myself”

I believe both resigned from their positions on the exposure of their affairs.  Vaz should have been booted but he wasn't.

How is that any different than what happens with MPs from other parties? There was a huge sex scandal in 2016 with many prominent Conservatives named. How many were de-selected for the 2017 election? How are the Tories being held to account more than Labour on sex scandals?

1 hour ago, Jdog said:

You can't seriously compare Israeli Propaganda with Palestinian Propaganda?..The Israeli side is virtually always given top billing in the West.

Israel is a brutal right wing racist apartheid ethnocracy hell bent on 'reclaiming' it's historical land, all whilst continuing it's decades long on off blockade by land air and sea of the world's most densely populated area, yet we're supposed to have a balanced view of any of their relentless War crimes.

I'm old enough to have supported the "Blacks"and their terrorism in the old SA,and at the same time I support the Palestinians and still do.

If you start quoting CJ fucking Werleman you really are asking for trouble.

I certainly don't defend the Israeli government - you'll notice I use that term - unlike you I don't see the see the state of Israel as being a monolith.  It's clear that the target should be Netanyahu not Israelis in general.  Several thousand Israelis took to the streets of Tel Aviv in protest at the racist nation-state law. Israel’s peculiar voting system has saddled the country with a rightwing racist government but despite the continuing attempts to demonise the country, there is a large body of Israelis who maintain their liberal democratic principles and are prepared to take to the streets to affirm them. 

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

If you start quoting CJ fucking Werleman you really are asking for trouble.

I certainly don't defend the Israeli government - you'll notice I use that term - unlike you I don't see the see the state of Israel as being a monolith.  It's clear that the target should be Netanyahu not Israelis in general.  Several thousand Israelis took to the streets of Tel Aviv in protest at the racist nation-state law. Israel’s peculiar voting system has saddled the country with a rightwing racist government but despite the continuing attempts to demonise the country, there is a large body of Israelis who maintain their liberal democratic principles and are prepared to take to the streets to affirm them. 

"Several thousand Israelis took to the streets of Tel Aviv in protest at the racist nation-state law."

Then you have clearly missed the UKs 'israel lobby's ' attempt to defend that protest as NOT ANTI- RACIST ?

..here's one of the Israeli lobby's most useful and vocal idiots John Mann MP ,who has been screaming for 'antiSemite'  Corbyn to adopt the IHRA examples ...trying to pretend these protests wouldn't contravene the IHRA definitions..

Screenshot_20180810-201430.png

Edited by Jdog

22 minutes ago, Jdog said:

"Several thousand Israelis took to the streets of Tel Aviv in protest at the racist nation-state law."

Then you have clearly missed the UKs 'israel lobby's ' attempt to defend that protest as NOT ANTI- RACIST ?

I think what those Israeli protesters think themselves is far more important - and I certainly am not going to defend those that think otherwise.  The protesters clearly think that the laws and the direction of the Netanyahu government is taking is racist.

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Thousands-of-protesters-gather-against-nation-state-bill-in-Tel-Aviv-562506

I could post similar articles from other Israeli media.  This move has seriously divided Israel but if we continue to do the demonise Israel then it allows the Likudists to play the nationalist card.  Remove the nationalist card - don't demonise Israel but demonise those racist politicians that are driving this agenda.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

37 minutes ago, Jdog said:

..here's one of the Israeli lobby's most useful and vocal idiots John Mann MP ,who has been screaming for 'antiSemite'  Corbyn to adopt the IHRA examples ...trying to pretend these protests wouldn't contravene the IHRA definitions..

Screenshot_20180810-201430.png

Shoot the messenger - John Mann is a fucking idiot (as his voting record on Brexit has shown) but his basic point (if you go beyond the childish sectarianism) is right in that those protesting are not contravening the IHRA.

As I keep saying - the really enemy of the Palestinian people are not Israelis but the Israeli government.  Rememember that this was not a vote that was carried by an   overwhelming majority - it was a 62-55 vote.

The move itself has infuriated some of the most loyal supporters of Israel in the shape of the Druze - if Netanyahu is pissing off them then this has serious consquences as the Druze are heavily involed in the security sector.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/druze-revolt-why-a-tiny-loyal-community-is-so-infuriated-by-nation-state-law/

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh