Israel lobby v Corbyn

Jdog

Not helped by morons using inappropriate language. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45086365

Even Momentum were quick off the mark to denounce this.
So if he'd just called him a traitor, would that have been ok?

You're right, to use a biblical reference in the current climate is just daft.

But Tom Watson is absolutely a part of the schemers within the party (aided by plenty of others out with) that want to use this issue to bring Corbyn down. His article at the weekend which aimed to 'de-escalate' the situation by keeping stoking the flames was absolutely textbook.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Not helped by morons using inappropriate language.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45086365

Even Momentum were quick off the mark to denounce this.

Tom Watson is another c**t who would rather see a Tory government than a Corbyn led Labour one.

Labour, quite rightly, drop their investigation into Margaret Hodge...but I see her lawyers are still going full throttle.

IMG_4448.thumb.jpg.fc60aed0a9dba2f7fff00edb05f1cd85.jpg

IMG_4449.thumb.jpg.76c02741682d6188f321c45de0d6ccee.jpg
She has to leave the party. Agreeing to the tone of that letter shows her true personality.

She was clearly angry, but acted like an arsehole. She could've stuck to her point but done it in a dignified manner.

She has to leave the party. Agreeing to the tone of that letter shows her true personality.

She was clearly angry, but acted like an arsehole. She could've stuck to her point but done it in a dignified manner.
Her language was completely inappropriate but it doesn't surprise me.

She is also completely wrong - if Corbyn is an antisemite then I'm the fucking pope. Yes she may have unhappy at the failure to adopt the full IHRA examples but her response was completely unacceptable.

Not sure I am following the logic on this. The Tories kick the guy out but are still in collusion with him somehow on some very tenuous basis to do with who follows what on twitter? Maybe better not to engage because I can remember posting about arguably questionable aspects of the backgrounds of two DUP Westminster candidates where paramilitarism was concerned as more sensible possible angles of attack against them in response to this guy's way over the top posts on another thread only to get replies that clearly assumed I supported the DUP.

One of the bright spots of this farce is right wing arseholes going ballistic when the standards they are applying to Labour figures are applied to themselves.

Andrew Neil had a wee twitter tantrum when it was pointed out that appearing at events organised by the Hungarian embassy with mad racist Douglas Murray isn't the sort of thing BBC political presenters should be doing.

Murdoch-Tory-Jewish Chronicle writer Daniel Finkelstein has also made an arse of himself arguing that it was only highlighted that he is a board member of a think tank called the Gatestone Institute calling for the removal of Muslims from Europe because "he speaks up for Jews".  And you can tell it's definitely anti semitic because Henry Kissinger is on the board and no one is giving him a hard time over it!

There is a horrible group of right wingers centred on News International and the Telegraph/Spectator and which has spread into the BBC who seem to think that they can get away with anything.

Edited by Detournement

Noticeable that nearly everyone closing ranks to defend Finkelstein won’t mention his stint on the board of the Gatestone Institute. Those brave enough to mention it are somehow suggesting that anyone could accidentally end up on the board of an Islamophobic think tank for a couple of years.

29 minutes ago, Jdog said:

Editor at Jewish News now on "personal leave" after criticising his paper for the way it targeted Jeremy Corbyn. :rolleyes:

He has not said this on his twitter account. 

https://twitter.com/richferrer

Perhaps you could share your source. 

Edited seems to have been this story. Though I think I know where JDOG gets his news from now. 

Although not Jewish himself, Oryszczuk has worked for the paper for six years and spent some time as editor of a Jewish news TV channel.

In the interview he said: “I’m speaking for me, but [the papers] speak for the Jewish community, and many Jews have echoed Dame Margaret Hodge in calling Jeremy Corbyn an ‘antisemite’.

“If the community is beginning to feel that way I respect my paper’s right to reflect that, just as my editor and news editor respect my right to dissent.”

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/jewish-news-foreign-editor-takes-leave-after-criticising-papers-coverage-of-labour-anti-semitism-row-in-canary-interview/

A The Canary reader. Fits with the "eccentricities". 

Edited by dorlomin

Since I have broken my silence on this thread, Corbyn is too stupid to be a real antisemite and be able to hide it. But he is also too stupid to be able to see the more subtle types of discrimination of the world when its on his side of the fence. His political enemies have made hay on his brain dead inability to grasp why the story has more legs than "tories linked to hate group". You know the tories are going to be linked to hate groups, they had the bloody Monday Club inside their parliamentary party for long enough. But when you are making a huge song and dance about an issues that challange peoples views of themselves (as Labour do with sexism, racism, homophobia) you are expected to be cleaner than clean, its why Labours sex scandals never hurt them but the tories get trashed by them (Back to Basics), Tories like to go to town on high moral standards and all that.. Same phenomena on the other foot. The dyed in the wool hating Israel every day type poster will not see this. But I think it will make sense to one or two others. 

13 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

He has not said this on his twitter account. 

https://twitter.com/richferrer

Perhaps you could share your source. 

Edited seems to have been this story. Though I think I know where JDOG gets his news from now. 

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/jewish-news-foreign-editor-takes-leave-after-criticising-papers-coverage-of-labour-anti-semitism-row-in-canary-interview/

A The Canary reader. Fits with the "eccentricities". 

"Although not Jewish himself":rolleyes:

He’s an existential threat to Jewish life if you are one of the hawkish ghouls that equate Judaism with Israel. I think it was David Frum who claimed Bin Salman was a better friend to Jewish people than Corbyn because of his support for Israel. Never mind he doesn’t allow Jewish people in his country to practice their faith openly, that isn’t important.