Kilmarnock v Heart of Midlothian - 25th August 2018

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He didn't let the game flow at any point in the first half...

A succinct summary of every game Collum has refereed I've had the misfortune of attending.

Overly officious and just loves to flourish that red card.

I also have an irrational hatred of the way he runs.

c**t.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cowboy said:

well i'm raging too, gorge yourself on my salty tears, collum won that for hearts, 10v12, worst player on the pitch scored, same old hearts, always cheating etc, etc .........

Better team won mate, you barely had a proper crack at goal, MacDonald had a couple decent saves, we hit the post etc.

A quick word on the football itself, before I have my say on that c**t in the middle of the park. 

Thought we, yet again, badly missed someone who can link the play. Was pleased to see Jones played alongside Boyd for the sake of trying something different, but we still failed to make any clear cut chances for our strikers. I only remember the Hearts keeper having to make a couple of saves later on in the second half.

Thought Hearts' style of play for the most part was rank rotten, humped long balls to the big number 19 and the usual dirty tackling with elbows flying around. With Naismith occasionally dropping deep to collect the ball and create passes, they looked far better,  and created the game's best chances. Macdonald had 3 or 4 good saves. No idea why they persist with the direct pish. It made for a physical, scrappy game. 

For me, the game was spoiled by the ref. That's not to say we lost because of him (as I'm not convinced we were ever going to score, so a draw looked the best we could hope for.) I said early on he was needing to get control of the game, and he failed to. Let too many rash challenges go unchecked, produced the game's first booking for nothing. 

Amongst the decisions I think he got wrong were - trip on Broadfoot in the box that could have been a penalty - a penalty on Boyd that was brought back for a supposed infringement by him - a deliberate elbow by Ikpeazu given as only a yellow - failure to then card him again for any one of several fouls - Souttar deliberately pulling Jones back for what the ref gives as a free kick yet somehow doesn't card - jusf ignores the fact their keeper shoved Burke,  obvious card offence - Dicker's sending off wasn't even a foul. He lost control of the ball and slid in cleanly to win it back. Think highlights might show that for the briefest second he had both feet off the ground, but the referee's application of the rules if that's what it was given for is piss poor. 

I also remember him giving us free kicks for what were clearly fouls on Hearts. 

It's so infuriating clocking early on that s referee is slowly but surely losing control of a game and being powerless to do anything about it. Just ruins a game of football. 

Anyway, now that I'm done crying my salty tears, I can't begrudge Hearts the victory too much. Like I said, we were toothless again and Hearts created the better chances. 

I hope Willie Collum's next shite is a hedgehog. 

Willie Collum is the perfect embodiment of chaos theory, and unfortunately we came out on the wrong side today.

Sent Dicker off for nothing, but on another day he'd have sent a Hearts player off or given us a random penalty. A game which had 0-0 written all over it, decided by the chaos agent in the middle.

No tears or rage from me, just hope we come out on the right side of the Collum decision tombola the next time.

4 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

To be fair the commentators on the radio were saying that Collum, as always, was absolutely dreadful for both teams in the first half.  Didn't get to hear the second half commentary or anything around Dicker.

Apparently you guys got two fouls against you in the first half for challenges on our keeper that the radio said were only fouls in Collum's head.

Great travelling support by all accounts, thanks for the Maroon Pound.

1.800 travelling fans. Top of the league, capital city. 12% of the home support. Embarrassing enough.

Bouncy bouncy, union jacks and ‘****** blood’?

Jesus.

Just now, marie osmond said:

1.800 travelling fans. Top of the league, capital city. 12% of the home support. Embarrassing enough.

Bouncy bouncy, union jacks and ‘****** blood’?

Jesus.

Aye I could hear the bouncy bouncy on the radio whats that all about?

2 hours ago, killienick said:
3 hours ago, JamieThomas said:
It's a bunch of wee laddies that the club was ****ing stupid enough to give credence to at the end of last season. They'll be banned soon enough.

Levein was praising them in his post match interview. I found that strange. Best of luck getting them punted - no place for that.

You don't seriously think Levein would have been clearly hearing offensive lyrics - and praising them ??

The sending off is a joke. But sometimes they get it wrong. 

The blatant stupidity of the goalkeeper pushing Burke for what should have been a penalty was something else. And the only way out for the wee coward was to give a foul that he had absolutely no intention of giving in the first place.

15 minutes ago, marie osmond said:

The blatant stupidity of the goalkeeper pushing Burke for what should have been a penalty was something else. And the only way out for the wee coward was to give a foul that he had absolutely no intention of giving in the first place.

That one I didn't have any problem with. Burke definitely stepped into the keeper first and it did look like a foul. It happens a lot and the ref will typically allow play to roll on because the keeper has the ball in his hands anyway - it's essentially an advantage being played. But when the keeper reacted, that meant he couldn't play advantage with it any more, so he had to give the free-kick. I thought the keeper could maybe have had a yellow for it, but that wouldn't really have affected anything anyway.

Willie Collum is the perfect embodiment of chaos theory, and unfortunately we came out on the wrong side today.
Sent Dicker off for nothing, but on another day he'd have sent a Hearts player off or given us a random penalty. A game which had 0-0 written all over it, decided by the chaos agent in the middle.
No tears or rage from me, just hope we come out on the right side of the Collum decision tombola the next time.
Like the St Mirren game where we happened to benefit from multiple ludicrous decisions that night - he's fair in his distribution of shyteness. The odious wee kunt is untouchable though as he's the SFA poster-boy.

Just seen the red card, can actually understand why the ref issued the red but I disagree with his decision...not a red imo
Dickers foot rolls over the top of the ball and makes it look like a high challenge. The scream and awful play acting didn't help but Collum has to be clever enough to see that.

Archived