Airdrie Utd v Raith Rovers

23 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

Ah I see, you just wanted us to lose so that it would put pressure on the board... Think of the pressure that it's released that we won! The fact that we're now second top and baring down on Arbroath. If we'd lost we'd have been well off the top spot and we wouldn't have a manager... I like the sound of that much better.

Barry Smiths tactics seem to be doing awful well considering. His record speaks for itself. Maybe have a little look at how things have worked out; have we lost a game this season under these shocking tactics? Granted we've conceded a few more goals and dropped points at home to East Fife but his team, his tactics and his style of play haven't actually let him down so far so I don't see what all the fuss is about.

You're clearly just an angry cretin that needs to have something to slaver pish about or you'd end up internally combusting. The 10 men on the park were mostly his signings and are responding to his training and ethos. He made the changes today, got the messages on the pitch and his players delivered. By the sounds of it, he did his job today and got the result.

A win next weekend and you'll be even more seething. Brilliant.

Clearly you are a wankspangling cockwomble of the highest order.

I am not an angry person who is physically deformed and has learning difficulties because of congenital thyroid deficiency and since no one has internally combusted, even doubtfully, for about 80 years without proof, I think we can set those personal insults aside for now.

So, to the men on the park, yes some of them he signed, I think BS certainly has a future as a scout unfortunately, he has no future as a manger. If you really think they suddenly responded to his to his training and ethos and that he got the messages on the pitch and his players delivered then I suggest you call 111 and get someone to up your meds.

The 10 players on the pitch dug in and won that game out of sheer hard work and determination, Smith had cock all to do with the outcome because he couldn't play 4-4-2, he was screwed so the guys just got on with playing football, and wow, look what happened.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, he started with his usual 4-4-2 and we went in at HT 2-0 down.  When we couldn't play 4-4-2 because of an injury and red card... Not sure it was the tactics today that's for sure  

Not sure that tactics had much to do with Davo making a horses arse of it on two occasions. We actually played very well in the second half before Davo went off.

We played 4-4-2 though most of the McGlynn years and I don’t remember too many complaints at the time. 3 at the back is fashionable at the moment but isn’t without its flaws.

11 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Not sure that tactics had much to do with Davo making a horses arse of it on two occasions.

We played 4-4-2 though most of the McGlynn years and I don’t remember too many complaints at the time. 3 at the back is fashionable at the moment but isn’t without its flaws.

A poor selection, which hopefully Smith learns from. There was no need to drop McKay. 

McGlynn for the most part bothered to sign players who fitted into the way he wanted. Smith has not. 

I'm not fan of a back 3, but seeing us keep lining up in an ill-fitting 4-4-2 is grating. 

Clearly you are a wankspangling cockwomble of the highest order.
I am not an angry person who is physically deformed and has learning difficulties because of congenital thyroid deficiency and since no one has internally combusted, even doubtfully, for about 80 years without proof, I think we can set those personal insults aside for now.
So, to the men on the park, yes some of them he signed, I think BS certainly has a future as a scout unfortunately, he has no future as a manger. If you really think they suddenly responded to his to his training and ethos and that he got the messages on the pitch and his players delivered then I suggest you call 111 and get someone to up your meds.
The 10 players on the pitch dug in and won that game out of sheer hard work and determination, Smith had cock all to do with the outcome because he couldn't play 4-4-2, he was screwed so the guys just got on with playing football, and wow, look what happened.

From the team that finished the game, 8 of them were Smiths signings (7 of his signings started the game).

After today, his record still shows that's he's dropped just 37 points out of 120. He's now won 24 out 40 games. For the best part of that, he's played this dreaded 4-4-2 formation. I'll agree that it's not been pretty, at times it's not worked and I'm sure we can all think of better styles and systems he can play. But how can anyone argue that he's still not doing his job as a manager and more importantly, hope that we actually lose so that he can be sacked?

I find it fascinating that some people can be so blinkered and have such an inability to accept that despite the fact that he's got over a 50% winning record in the league and his teams have managed to grind out results despite poor performances, you'd rather we lost today so he could be sacked and replaced by god knows who.

28 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

From the team that finished the game, 8 of them were Smiths signings (7 of his signings started the game).

After today, his record still shows that's he's dropped just 37 points out of 120. He's now won 24 out 40 games. For the best part of that, he's played this dreaded 4-4-2 formation. I'll agree that it's not been pretty, at times it's not worked and I'm sure we can all think of better styles and systems he can play. But how can anyone argue that he's still not doing his job as a manager and more importantly, hope that we actually lose so that he can be sacked?

I find it fascinating that some people can be so blinkered and have such an inability to accept that despite the fact that he's got over a 50% winning record in the league and his teams have managed to grind out results despite poor performances, you'd rather we lost today so he could be sacked and replaced by god knows who.

Allan Johnston had an 80% win rate in this league with Queen of the South. That's doing your job as a manager.

ETA Last season Ian McCall had a 67% win rate in this division.

1 hour ago, east fife for life said:
5 hours ago, CALDERON said:
I'm glad I didn't go in the end as I would have been going thru Dundee by full time. 

Fair play for staying! Football a funny old game 

Meant im glad I didn't go to the game. I'm generally raging when we get beat so would have trudged out at 3-1 

Archived