East Fife v Arbroath

21 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

As has been said can't grudge Arbroath their win but 0-3 really does flatter them, the game was a lot more even than that score line suggests!!!
The offside goal was a mystery, the Linesman didn't flag for it and the referee awarded it it was only after the Arbroath players moaned about it did the officials reverse their decision, I'm at a loss how both can see it as a goal and then both can see it as not a goal, if the referee had given it but the linesman had flagged or vice versa I can see where the decision can be changed but not when BOTH have already said it was ok, the standards of officiating are truly getting worse. Personally I thought that Court did run into an offside position but only after the final touch by the Arbroath player (Little???)!!!
We had slightly more of the game than Arbroath but did nothing with it, for all our attempts on goal we had only one on target and you're not going to win games with stats like that, I thought we dithered to long when making the final pass, there was more than one occasion when our wide players tried to beat the man again rather than get an early cross in, we could actually have had more chances than we actually did if their play was more direct!!!
Thought Arbroath's first was a foul but I think it would have went in anyway, Long sold the jersey's on that one, he seemed to come out for the cross then change his mind half way through and ended up doing nothing, the second came from the amount of space that Thomson was allowed down the wing, it happened more than once that Watt failed to drop back and cover with Slattery, leaving Slattery effectively marking two men for the entire first half and the third was basically a breakaway move but a very good move, looked very like a well rehearsed set piece, I would bet that that was a move that was worked on in training!!!
IMG_4093.jpg
You can see from the star where our failings are, 12 attempts but only 1 on target, think everybody said at the start of the season we could struggle up front having to rely on the young guys without a recognised striker and it appears to be coming true, even playing three up front didn't improve our attempts, we need Kev back and fast!!!
So again well done Arbroath, you deserved it because you took your chances when they came to you it may have been a different story if our goal had stood but then again it may have just finished 1-3!!!
It's telling that there were no boo's at the end, think the crowd appreciated that it was never a 0-3 game but with only one point after 4 games DY's jacket must be looking even more shoogly!!!

You could have saved yourself a lot of time by just admitting East Fife are pish.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But that's not quite what happened, the Referee had awarded the goal and the linesman didn't flag and was running back to the halfway line, it was only after the moaning from the Arbroath players did they consult each other and then chalk off the goal, that is what pissed off the EF support, both saw nothing wrong with the goal initially but then both saw enough to cancel the decision, that is appalling officiating and smacks highly of guess work!!!

If that’s what it takes to communicate between each other then that’s what it takes, ultimately they made they correct decision

What really pissed the East Fife fans off is the clear inconsistency a clear foul at Arbroath opening goal plenty of moaning by East Fife players but he didn’t change his mind that time.The guy was clearly holding down East Fife defender how the linesman lets that go beggars belief. These decisions and mistakes are game changing. 

29 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

The ref would’ve just assumed that he was onside though? Whilst the Lino would’ve thought it touched an Arbroath player on its way through. When the lino says to the ref that he was offside, and the ref says to the lino that it never touched an Arbroath player.... they both obviously change their minds?

See that happen quite a bit.

Actually sure the opposite happened in the Germany Korea WC game.

Stop being so fucking sensible!!!

Just now, Frank conner said:

You should try it it would make a nice change of pace.

^^^reported for stalking !!!

(and for just generally being a pain in the arse)

If that’s what it takes to communicate between each other then that’s what it takes, ultimately they made they correct decision

It was the correct decision but what a time to get there, surely the ref could have made the decision before the boy scored the goal

totaly agree if east fife had anything you would call a striker we could of lost that game. swankie ran the show for me . hester got his chance to impress today but was shocking so please no more he needs a chance he got it didnt take it simples

Just noticed this, harsh I think, started brightly and had some good moments, that was some ball over the top for Wallace in the first half and he put himself about.

Few good runs but ultimately came to nothing. Badly faded second half and the EF centre halves were overpowering him a lot which lead to a few mistakes and loose balls before he eventually got subbed.

Hester for me is the perfect guy to come off the bench and make an impact by getting at tiring defenders and sniffing out a chance when we’re needing a goal. Glad he got a chance from the start today, hopefully helped him.

The only thing between the two teams today? Experienced front players who can put the ball in the net. Defenders who are organised at set pieces and prevent the opposition from any meaningful attempt at goal. I don't get why we have guys doing the hard bit, beating defenders and getting into the box, then look to pass the ball OUT the box to the same player every time , hovering in the D. Became predictable and easy to defend. Make the keepers work for their wage

the young guy smith came on and showed more about him than hester did. lets forget this local guy stuff do we want to go up to the championship if we do sorry hester is not the answer

He was much smarter than Kane in the way he dealt with the CBs, was able to hold them off, as was shown in the way he set up the third goal

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:

The only thing between the two teams today? Experienced front players who can put the ball in the net. Defenders who are organised at set pieces and prevent the opposition from any meaningful attempt at goal. I don't get why we have guys doing the hard bit, beating defenders and getting into the box, then look to pass the ball OUT the box to the same player every time , hovering in the D. Became predictable and easy to defend. Make the keepers work for their wage

The only difference? You’ve listed quite a few

the young guy smith came on and showed more about him than hester did. lets forget this local guy stuff do we want to go up to the championship if we do sorry hester is not the answer

I don’t think he should be starting but he’s got a part to play I think. Good option from the bench

Archived