Nipper Salmond

RadgerTheBadger

31 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:
47 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Up to a point. Somehow I detect the whiff of conspiracy in this case.
I met Salmond a few years ago. He held a door open open for me and generally behaved like a perfect gentleman.
emoji4.png

Probably just used the opportunity to get a fly look at your arse or something.

Actually he could have got an eyeful of more than that. I was having a pee at Embra Airport and didn't realise who the guy who had been stood next to me was, until he held the door open for me. I tend not to look at fellow peers in these circumstances, preferring to concentrate on the matter in hand.

On 1/12/2019 at 11:51, ICTChris said:

I read an article a few years ago by Nassim Taleb and a co-author about fragility in political systems. The article argued that countries that may seem politically chaotic, like Lebanon (post Civil war) or Italy, are actually better placed to withstand disorder whereas stable countries, like Syria who had the same system of government and rulers for decades, are more vulnerable as they don’t have any ‘give’ they are stable but rigid and brittle, a little pressure and they shatter.

Could the same be said for political parties? I don’t think there’s been a more disciplined political party than the SNP since 2007 in modern British politics. I’m pretty certain that the only MSPs who ever opposed party policy in that time were the 2 or 3 who opposed the changes on membership of NATO and they were deselected. Did any of the 56 MPs between 2015-2017 ever dissent in any way?

Maybe this rigidity has caused the SNP to become brittle and a vicious personal fight could be the worst case scenario.

"... stable but rigid and brittle...".

A dictatorship.  Call it by the right name.   

Place has been a bloodbath all the way from the current Assad's father, through to now.  

Edited by beefybake

Sturgeon's streets ahead of any contenders at the moment. It would be ridiculous if SNP infighting forced her resignation over alleged fatty fumbles, and don't think there's a chance of it happening. It's being stirred up by the unionist press and a few SNPers who have wanted another indyref every week since the last time, whether or not there's a realistic chance of winning.

Sturgeon's streets ahead of any contenders at the moment. It would be ridiculous if SNP infighting forced her resignation over alleged fatty fumbles, and don't think there's a chance of it happening. It's being stirred up by the unionist press and a few SNPers who have wanted another indyref every week since the last time, whether or not there's a realistic chance of winning.
I agree, I've thought from Day One that there are parallels with the anti-Semitism smears on the Labour party. It is incredibly easy to take some basic facts and then embroider them to suit an agenda.

As evidence I would cite the recent apocalyptic headlines about civil war and rampant factionalism within the SNP - these are a lot easier to print than to prove and justify. No matter, the story is off and running.

And you know what ? Outwith anoraks like us, who the flying f**k really cares about the minutae of esoteric points of ministerial and civil service conduct ? Two women have made a complaint about the alleged conduct of Alex Salmond; fine, let the investigation be vigorous and thorough, but don't try and portray a complaint as a contagion.

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Derek MacKay top boi 

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Oh bloody hell no, his intonation is like a bored church minister reading the same bit of the bible for the 750th time

If I got stuck in a lift with Derek McKay only one of us would emerge alive.

21 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Is that who it is?  I tend to avoid the Wings/Mr. Malky cybernat Twitterati loonballs, so don't know what their position is, other than that anyone in the SNP who doesn't kowtow to Wings is a Unionist shill.

34 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Is that who it is?  I tend to avoid the Wings/Mr. Malky cybernat Twitterati loonballs, so don't know what their position is, other than that anyone in the SNP who doesn't kowtow to Wings is a Unionist shill.

I'm beginning to think it's Salmond himself, putting his personal issues above the party, although he most likely thinks he is the party. Here's a statement from his spokesman, snidely attacking Sturgeon while pretending he isn't.

mon1.thumb.JPG.3f086abb32624dab96d0672902cc50bf.JPG

mon2.thumb.JPG.84c0b4eab2930f0d32417cd0da44e75f.JPG

Edited by welshbairn

Given the strong possibility that a GE could be called for sometime during the next few days this spat within the SNP could not have come along at a worse possible time.
At the risk of making a parochial comparison, Salmond is beginning to act like Stevie Aitken; his time was up and everyone else has moved on save for himself.

And like Aitken, he is rapidly burning through what goodwill and respect remained. I honestly doubt whether this stuff will affect the SNP vote by any more than a few hundred.