Partick Thistle vs Greenock Morton

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll be moving to Glasgow from over the border on Saturday (boooo etc,), so I should be up in time for this game. Really looking forward to it. I used to write for Stevenage under 18s, so it’ll be interesting to see Jack Storer again (who still follows me on Twitter for some reason).

I’ll be relatively neutral, even though I had a really good save with Morton on FM last year. Just hoping for a decent game to start my life in Scotland with.

2 minutes ago, Liam G said:

I’ll be moving to Glasgow from over the border on Saturday (boooo etc,), so I should be up in time for this game. Really looking forward to it. I used to write for Stevenage under 18s, so it’ll be interesting to see Jack Storer again (who still follows me on Twitter for some reason).

I’ll be relatively neutral, even though I had a really good save with Morton on FM last year. Just hoping for a decent game to start my life in Scotland with.

If you're really looking forward to it then sit in the away end, we have no room for that kind of positivity right now.

If you're really looking forward to it then sit in the away end, we have no room for that kind of positivity right now.

So far I’ve had 12 goals in the three Scottish games I’ve seen. Cue a goalless draw on Saturday...

Hey Liam...….welcome to Scotland.
* This game will not be goal-free [emoji6]

Thank you! Looking forward to going to the Cappiellow for a game or two at some point as well. Think I have Morton v Falkirk pencilled in for October.

1 minute ago, Liam G said:

Thank you! Looking forward to going to the Cappiellow for a game or two at some point as well. kThink I have Morton v Falkir pencilled in for October.

You're welcome.Your game of choice at the home of The Famous also attracts a …………..

*This game will not be goal-free ….. status.

21 hours ago, IainMorton said:

McHugh played better when Johnstone came on and he was moved over to the left of the attack. That could work with MacLean on the right. The midfield three of Millar, McAlister and Tidser is working really well so no need for change there.

Confident of getting at least a point here.

He did do well with Johnstone to play off, but I'm not sure it'd work as well setting up that way from kick off.

McHugh has always been good positionally in and around the box which means he's very good at finding opportunities when games are getting stretched late on. That's the source of the super sub reputation he came to us with. On Saturday Johnstone's came on in a game where we were already in the ascendancy with 20 minutes to go and caused havoc by dragging Ross County defenders all over the place and winning headers, creating that space for McHugh to exploit.

After we got the goal it was an eleven men behind the ball job where there's far less chance that having a natural centre forward on the left will see us exploited down that side defensively. Even at that they did find their right back getting space in the box due to McHugh not tracking him deep enough, which I don't really blame him for, he's a centre forward. However based on that it's a concern that being asked to play in that position from the start of a game would simply mean us being opened up down McHugh's side as he doesn't have the defensive awareness to track back and hold a position to support McKeown when needed.

It could still see us running riot in attack right enough, but I'd rather stick with Iredale and McLean in the wide positions to maintain our shape when Johnstone's back and use McHugh late on if we need a goal.

On 27/08/2018 at 09:15, Colkitto said:

I would take from that the contract was offered, withdrawn and now Jai is free to sign for another Club, but we would be looking for some kind of fee / arrangement.

We piss all over players' contractual obligations to their previous clubs.

Good to see the Morton fans retain their sense of indefatigable optimism, I trust the Queens fans are still the same too. Always comforting when you come back and nothing has changed. 

5 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

We piss all over players' contractual obligations to their previous clubs.

Good to see the Morton fans retain their sense of indefatigable optimism, I trust the Queens fans are still the same too. Always comforting when you come back and nothing has changed. 

I always associated Morton fans on this forum with infighting.

For Queens; it’s for them being the most boring people on the planet.

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

My first Morton game in...*checks watch*... fucking ages.

Shame it's at Firhill.

You can watch from the canal bank with a bottle of El Dorado if you prefer...

I'd have thought Firhill was a reasonable away day, pints in Great Western road, wander up to the ground, piss all over the supine home side, either train back home or into town for a bit.

On the plus side for Thistle, I've made 3 games this season- Stenny, Morton, and Falkirk so I'm still somehow at 100% and this will be game #4 (game #5 should be County in October). If Morton don't piss about  with players out of position like they did in the first half of the cup game I'd expect them to win.

But we'll be fine when the injured / ineligible / not match fit / declared dead players are up to speed.

Archived