Dons vs Killie

I've just seen the red card incident, and for me it's nowhere near as contentious as people are making out.
That's a professional foul, on a forward with a clear run at goal, fullback absolutely not getting across in time.
For me it's to be filed under "seen them given", definitely not in the same category as Gary Dicker's - I don't know if it's worth appealing. 

I think Devlin’s red card was a worse decision than the one to send Dicker off.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Far too far away from goal to give a red card for a clear goal scoring oppertunity. How on earth can a referee decide that nobody is getting back for that from there?

Stick to the lower divisions mate #TB4 are talking.

Agree with all of the above. It's a perfect example of why refereeing is subjective. No one factor alone means that it's not a red. I don't think it's a particularly nasty foul, but he probably does trip him. Maybe a booking for the cynicism. He's miles from goal, but that in itself doesn't stop it being a red. The fact he's so far wide probably does, and Shay's definitely making it across. It's a booking for me, but if it had been ten yards forward, if Shay'd been five yards back, if Mikey had used a wee bit more force, these are all reasons as to how it could have been a red.

I'm not sure the appeal will be successful, but we've got a better chance than Killie as we're a bigger club. Unfortunately that's the way it goes these days. More media presence. Shite but true.

14 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Agree with all of the above. It's a perfect example of why refereeing is subjective. No one factor alone means that it's not a red. I don't think it's a particularly nasty foul, but he probably does trip him. Maybe a booking for the cynicism. He's miles from goal, but that in itself doesn't stop it being a red. The fact he's so far wide probably does, and Shay's definitely making it across. It's a booking for me, but if it had been ten yards forward, if Shay'd been five yards back, if Mikey had used a wee bit more force, these are all reasons as to how it could have been a red.

I'm not sure the appeal will be successful, but we've got a better chance than Killie as we're a bigger club. Unfortunately that's the way it goes these days. More media presence. Shite but true.

Having watched it back on TV I feel that Brophy fouled Devlin first so think we will be successful on the appeal on that. 

I don't agree with you that we have a better chance as we are bigger club as lets be honest if we are not Rangers or Celtic then the media will hardly report about it.  

I fully agree with Steve Clark statement on the appeal process which I hope there will be changes on it to make it a lot fairer. 

21 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Having watched it back on TV I feel that Brophy fouled Devlin first so think we will be successful on the appeal on that. 

I don't agree with you that we have a better chance as we are bigger club as lets be honest if we are not Rangers or Celtic then the media will hardly report about it.  

I fully agree with Steve Clark statement on the appeal process which I hope there will be changes on it to make it a lot fairer. 

Appeals should be decided through a phone vote on sportscene. 

Miles from goal, trajectory of the ball was still quite wide meaning Logan had more time to get across, Brophy had a lot to do before he was even in a position to think about a shot, plus I don’t think Devlin even fouled him anyway - the ref bought Brophys antics which were followed by cringey Kili fist pumps and high fives.

There is more than enough dubiety in this incident to suggest Devlin did not deny a clear and obvious goal scoring opportunity. Goldsons “foul” on Christie late on yesterday was more in line with the definition of a red card - had Christie stayed on his feet his very next touch would have been a clear shot on goal with his strong foot from about 10 yards.

Archived