Trapdoorwatch 2018-19

8 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Well yes I am sure there may be some such officials but many I think are like me and don't just let money override doing what might be best for the game.

Still waiting for these various downsides, CC. If they are so obvious you should be able to list them in quick time.

10 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Well yes I am sure there may be some such officials but many I think are like me and don't just let money override doing what might be best for the game.

Ah, you want to do what is best for the game? Good, that's the colt teams idea binned then.

12 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Are you? Keep waiting then

I see you've realised you've made a c**t of your argument again and are now trying to slink off, no doubt claiming that someone like me isn't worth your time, yet you keep replying to me with childish quips. Standard.

I see you've realised you've made a c**t of your argument again and are now trying to slink off, no doubt claiming that someone like me isn't worth your time, yet you keep replying to me with childish quips. Standard.

Not at all - but only worth debating with folks who have an ability to consider the point at issue in an intelligent manner. You are more the rabid Brexiteer type. Childish quips are still more valid than made up quotes.

Just now, Cowden Cowboy said:

Not at all - but only worth debating with folks who have an ability to consider the point at issue in an intelligent manner. You are more the rabid Brexiteer type. Childish quips are still more valid than made up quotes.

Get over it, you massive wean.  Rabid Brexiteer?  For someone who keeps claiming intelligence that's a rather stupid accusation to make, you know f**k all about me.

Honestly, you could've just listed the various downsides 4 posts ago and the debate would be over. You're now unwilling to back up a claim you've made because I paraphrased one of your posts and incorrectly put in quotation marks. You're a huge baby.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Get over it, you massive wean.  Rabid Brexiteer?  For someone who keeps claiming intelligence that's a rather stupid accusation to make, you know f**k all about me.

Honestly, you could've just listed the various downsides 4 posts ago and the debate would be over. You're now unwilling to back up a claim you've made because I paraphrased one of your posts and incorrectly put in quotation marks. You're a huge baby.

Tory yesterday, rabid brexiteer today.

Moonster Rees-Mogg imo.

Ah, you want to do what is best for the game? Good, that's the colt teams idea binned then.

I doubt it - as this will likely run and run. So you need to look forward and consider the end game. Either eventually the big clubs give up on the idea, they hit on a formula with sufficient inducements to persuade enough clubs to back it or a formula is devised which somehow gives colts teams competitive fixtures v adult teams outwith the SPFL or perhaps any league system. It's not quite as complex as Brexit. There are two key drivers here that at present can't be reconciled - keeping the integrity of the SPFL/Leagues and increasing the opportunity for all colts level players to regularly play against adult opposition. Squaring that circle isn't a simple one. Loans and reserve leagues aren't doing enough to develop the colt players is the perception of the clubs that have these colts teams. Now whether playing against adult teams is a panacea, helps a little or isn't effective won't be known unless it is tested in some way.

On 26/11/2018 at 22:22, FairWeatherFan said:

In the Sunday Mail Michael Gannon's article was basically in supporting the idea. Citing the examples of Andy Roberston, David Bates and Scott McKenna who played against real men in their youth.

Of course McKenna and Bates did that while being on loan from Aberdeen and Raith Rovers, and Andy Robertson having been let go from Celtic when he was what 15-16?

It's almost as if all 3 are actually examples of the existing model working rather than the need for Colt teams :whistle

Funnily enough Stephen Craigan cited Callum McGregor's loan spell with Notts County as a reason why he supported it...

It appears to be following a similar pattern to when the previous plan to insert colts into the league, the powers that be leak the story to chosen papers to get the idea circulating then stand back and see what kind of a reaction they get. They talk of a draft proposal, why not come out with proper details of it. When the previous attempt was doing the rounds it was around time for buying the season ticket, I ask our chairman & sent a e-mail to the club making it clear that if the club voted for the proposal I would no longer be supporting it. The reply I got was as the powers that be had not officially come out with anything to vote on they could not tell me how the club would vote if asked which was fair enough. Again if this gets off the ground I would be finished following my team & would probably go to local HFL or Junior matches instead. Hope it never gets to the voting stage but if it did would like to know the fors & againsts as would not be giving any cash to clubs that voted for even if it did not go through.

36 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I doubt it - as this will likely run and run. So you need to look forward and consider the end game. Either eventually the big clubs give up on the idea, they hit on a formula with sufficient inducements to persuade enough clubs to back it or a formula is devised which somehow gives colts teams competitive fixtures v adult teams outwith the SPFL or perhaps any league system. It's not quite as complex as Brexit. There are two key drivers here that at present can't be reconciled - keeping the integrity of the SPFL/Leagues and increasing the opportunity for all colts level players to regularly play against adult opposition. Squaring that circle isn't a simple one. Loans and reserve leagues aren't doing enough to develop the colt players is the perception of the clubs that have these colts teams. Now whether playing against adult teams is a panacea, helps a little or isn't effective won't be known unless it is tested in some way.

I'm originally from The Netherlands, where there are colt teams. This is probably why I'm so passionate about stopping it in Scotland as it's been an absolute shambles there. There is no clear advantage at all, no evidence this helps player development more than without colt teams in the league structure, yet it's proven to be very unpopular for many reasons. It's pretty much exclusively negative for lower league football in the country.

5 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

I assume you don't classify that as a " childish remark "??  Or are you just ignorant and infantile??

It's an accurate remark. If anyone thinks a majority of Scottish football fans are holding their silence on the Colts issue they're either (a) kidding themselves on, (b) blind or (c) a muppet. I assume CC isn't blind and he's not here to kid himself on, so muppet it is.

Yes but I don't jump to your tune - I am not interested in your views because you make up fake quotes and when you claim to paraphrase you misrepresent the views put forward. Then you become abusive when called out on it and resort to bluster. These are very much the attributes of a typical Brexiteer or if you like Trump supporter. So if the cap fits wear it.

15 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes but I don't jump to your tune - I am not interested in your views because you make up fake quotes and when you claim to paraphrase you misrepresent the views put forward. Then you become abusive when called out on it and resort to bluster. These are very much the attributes of a typical Brexiteer or if you like Trump supporter. So if the cap fits wear it.

You don't need to be interested in my views, I simply asked you to back up your own claims, you've refused at every opportunity. Stick your cap up your arse.

1 hour ago, Marten said:

I'm originally from The Netherlands, where there are colt teams. This is probably why I'm so passionate about stopping it in Scotland as it's been an absolute shambles there. There is no clear advantage at all, no evidence this helps player development more than without colt teams in the league structure, yet it's proven to be very unpopular for many reasons. It's pretty much exclusively negative for lower league football in the country.

People in favour would do well to pay attention to posts like this. Any European football fan I've heard speaking about it has nothing but negativity for youth teams in senior leagues.

It's an accurate remark. If anyone thinks a majority of Scottish football fans are holding their silence on the Colts issue they're either (a) kidding themselves on, (b) blind or © a muppet. I assume CC isn't blind and he's not here to kid himself on, so muppet it is.

(b) Deaf - would be better option perhaps if referencing 'holding their silence'? Considering the first point without debating it - how many Scottish football fans = majority. Say we take a very rough conservative estimate based on attendances (without doing any research) that say Rangers and Celtic have 50k fans each, Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen say 15,000 each and rest of premier totals say 30,000. Say champ = 35,000. Throw in lg 1 and 2 say 25,000. That's a very conservative 235,000 which leaves aside the rest of Scottish football and all those fans who maybe don't attend too often. Thus you have evidence it seems that about 118,000 fans have expressed a view on this issue. I did see the poll on here where 1,071 fans I think had expressed a view. Can you show us where the other 117,000 or so can be verified or are you maybe paraphrasing?

You seem to have a comprehension problem common to a number of people on this thread.  Unless you just react and say 'Get it in the Sea' then you become a person advocating this proposal.  I am not, I haven't but am willing to discuss it in a grown up manner as no doubt will clubs in the SPFL.  Trying a system to see if It aids development of young players is potentially good for Scottish football - nothing ventured, nothing gained.  Bringing Colts teams into the SPFL is bad for Scottish football.   So why would I advocate that we 'entertain' this idea.  The debate though thus should start from those two opposed points and look for a win/win outcome which will need dialogue rather than 'spin' on one side and 'Get it in the sea' on the other.