Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

915 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shockingly bad show today. Absolutely zero rapport between the 2 presenters; Gemma Fay is it? Talking over each other like ALL the time.

I actually might bin the rest of the show off, something I have never ever done before 

Edited by Afc69

27 minutes ago, bennett said:

Quite enjoying it, thought that it was more laid back today.  

Really? Wow, each to their own 

I would say, I actually enjoy the shows when one or both of the usual presenters are absent, and we get stand ins, for example Ray Bradshaw but for me, this just isn’t working

Edited by Afc69

Cowan will be raging that the wee ned Compston has got the Euro's gig. You can tell that he can't abide him and often brings up an appearance Compston made on the show many years ago. The fact Compston is Celtic minded ned is no doubt a major factor. Caught the Compston and Smart show the other night and turned it off after 5 minutes. Made a view from the terrace look semi professional.

56 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Cowan will be raging that the wee ned Compston has got the Euro's gig. You can tell that he can't abide him and often brings up an appearance Compston made on the show many years ago. The fact Compston is Celtic minded ned is no doubt a major factor. Caught the Compston and Smart show the other night and turned it off after 5 minutes. Made a view from the terrace look semi professional.

I’ve not even bothered with the Compston show, even on catch up

4 hours ago, Spring Onion said:

Did the Tam Cowan Euro 24 song he was writing with a 'famous' Scottish person ever materialise? I haven't heard the show for a while and hadn't heard ithe song or any further updates

Unfortunately Sydney Devine died a few years ago

6 hours ago, Spring Onion said:

Did the Tam Cowan Euro 24 song he was writing with a 'famous' Scottish person ever materialise? I haven't heard the show for a while and hadn't heard ithe song or any further updates

He said the other week because there were so many Euro songs he wa saving it for the World Cup, if we qualify...

I stopped listening when the BBC brought back misinformation doom-merchant, Jason Leitch, ahead of our glorious leaders inflicting further misery on us.  They way they fawned over him was embarrassing.

2 hours ago, chopface said:

He said the other week because there were so many Euro songs he wa saving it for the World Cup, if we qualify...

If ever there was a silver lining to Scotland not qualifying, it would be that we wouldn't have to suffer that. 

8 hours ago, Spring Onion said:

I think I heard him say he was keeping it for the World Cup, haven’t followed it closely enough to know if it is a wind up.

16 minutes ago, ropy said:

I think I heard him say he was keeping it for the World Cup, haven’t followed it closely enough to know if it is a wind up.

I always assumed it was a wund up, given how he knows how most folk slag him off for his musical tastes.

6 hours ago, Afc69 said:

I’ve not even bothered with the Compston show, even on catch up

I put it on after the game last night, Colin Hendry was on and was a bit shit but got to a segment with suzy that's on off the ball every 2nd week and turned it over. In my opinion she  makes off the ball 10 times worse.

On 10/06/2024 at 01:04, Empty It said:

Personally think they shouldn't have a guy who's filmed singing IRA songs presenting "late night at the Euros".

Exactly, Oirland didnae even reach the finals. 

1 hour ago, just me 2 said:

I put it on after the game last night, Colin Hendry was on and was a bit shit but got to a segment with suzy that's on off the ball every 2nd week and turned it over. In my opinion she  makes off the ball 10 times worse.

Gordon Smarts actually pretty sound on a podcast I used to listen to, is he on the show too? 

8 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Gordon Smarts actually pretty sound on a podcast I used to listen to, is he on the show too? 

He is, I've never heard of him, needed to google him.  I put it on last night as well and it was OK just a bit of background noise when we were sitting chatting, don't think I would be sitting watching it and expecting to be entertained.

Suzy Mcabe was on again though, not sure what she was even saying last night but I'm sure it would have annoyed me.

55 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Cowan's ego is in overdrive today, it's all about him and his gigs, had to turn it off.

Just turned it on bbc sounds. The quality of guests is piss poor. Will they actually talk about the football today. Think Cosgrove is about to chuck it,  doesn't sound too well and when he's on you can hear how much Cowan does his head in.