Heart of Midlothian v Livingston - 22nd September 2018

Once again the ladz were magnificent,you could see that hearts can play a bit but we just didnt let them.

Tough one next week against the "we only care about ulster mob" but they wont find it easy against us at our patch.

Pleasing day all round with ma other team Deveronvale knocking one of Midlothian's finest out of the scottish cup :thumsup2

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

All this rubbish about playing football the right way, what a lot of nonsense, what is “playing football the right way” ? 

If we turned up today and tried to play an expansive style, passing it out from the back we 100% would not have got a positive result. 

Im am very content with how we play, infact I’m absolutely loving watching us fight for everything, and get the ball forward quickly, I’d much rather see that than pass the ball sode ways and take 20 passes to get over the half way line, we are good at what we do, it has got us from league 1 to 3rd in the premiership in a couple of years. 

Playing to your players in your team strengths is the right way to play football not trying to get them to do things they can’t and making an arse of it , look at the clusterfuck going on at Dundee , well done Livi and can see a possible top 6 if can keep it going as players must be shattered after every game if that’s how you play every week 

2 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Playing to your players in your team strengths is the right way to play football not trying to get them to do things they can’t and making an arse of it , look at the clusterfuck going on at Dundee , well done Livi and can see a possible top 6 if can keep it going as players must be shattered after every game if that’s how you play every week 

I worried about burn out last season as well but it never happened, we haven’t varied from this style for 2 and a bit seasons now, this group are amongst the fittest I’ve ever seen wearing a Livi top, week in week out they run themselves into the ground. 

Think it’s fair to say you get a little bit more time on the ball in the premiership than in the championship too so if we can keep up the work that’s done us so well then I think we will be just fine, I’m happy with 10th. 

7 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

It wasn't poor refereeing, it was blatant cheating. Hearts have been on the best side of "poor referring" for 6 games in a row and I don't see that changing in the next game, or any other game after that.

Poor refereeing if he can't see what's going on. 

8 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

5 points at any point in the season with the exception of the very last game would be considered touching distance.

Ninth place Hamilton within touching distance of Hibs. :)

16 hours ago, Elixir said:

Livingston are an utter rabble, tbf, and a couple of early season results against us and Hibs doesn't change that. You'll be about 8th come the end of the season and relegated back where you belong within a year or two.

15 hours ago, Elixir said:

Celebrating a 0-0 draw against The Famous in your cup final. :D

20 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Some of the Hibs booeys trying to give it big licks for the first time in about a month. warnock.png

We welcome the chase from all comers. 8)

More of this please.

The yams' inevitable annual crash has started already this year.

Image result for talkhearts

40 minutes ago, GordonD said:

All those reddies! I appear to have upset the Livingston supporters...

Satisfaction.gif

You may as well come and support your team in Livingston, you stalk them enough on here. Shame you gave up on them really, looks like there's still a part of you that cares.

3 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Byrne and Pittman esp put in some shift, and still look like they can keep going for another 90 mins. The pair of them are machines.

Archived