Alloa vs Ayr

Well that was relatively straight forward, never looked in danger at any point of the match

Thought Forrest had a really good game along with Shankland who is just rediculous at times. Kerr really has turned out to be a great signing, breaking up play, getting the ball into space etc.

Doohan is one of the best keepers I've seen being able to take crosses, just plucks them out the air.

Crawford was frustrating me today, particularly in the final third, he holds onto the ball far too long for my liking, get it released sooner or take a hit.

Never realised Alan Trouten was on the park until someone pointed out he was subbed at half time [emoji23]

Anyway, Top of the league, 13 points clear from bottom. So far so good

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was some tough viewing. Our worst outing of the season I think. Zanatta and Trouten don’t work I believe, something needs shaken up attacking wise and I think it involves bringing on Connor Sheilds from the start. The pitch argument was flying in the stands, I don’t think we’ve benefited from it greatly but it’s not the sole cause as other teams score etc.

Take nothing away from Ayr, best team I’ve seen Alloa play this season. Be doing well if they can keep hold of Shankland for the full season but Ayr fans will be aware of that more than anyone.

Got to say as well...an absolute joke when I got pulled aside by Robert Stewart and 5 stewards and warned of my language towards the linesman...
It’s a f@ck!ng game of football, how one person can be singled out for swearing is beyond me...[emoji35]

Despite what Goodwin says, it’s worth remembering it’s only a year ago that no one wanted Shankland at this level, never mind Premiership.  He’s progressed incredibly rather than being in a comfort zone and will get the move he deserves in due course.  I also think it’s nonsense to suggest we’re a one man team.  The fact we have 3 Scotland u21s at the club says something, and the likes of Kerr, Crawford and Moffat would walk into most teams in the league.

Great all round performance. Pretty faultless today, delighted to be top of the league. 

I was expecting a real scrappy game today but it was nothing of the sort. We played some lovely intricate passes and worked the ball about well.

Shankland was Shankland and that's why everyone loves him.

Liam Smith is some player thought he was immense today. McDaid must be knocking on the door for a starting place, but who gets dropped?

Felt Goodwin's comments are pretty disrespectful to the rest of our team tbh.

Goodwin spot on in regards to Shankland.
I love McCall's response to it though.

And also regarding the rangers game. Completely playing it down like it's an irritation and we could do without it - yet I guarantee we throw the fucking sink at them (and then go back to 'we're not fussed' when it doesn't work out).

I love McCall's response to it though.

And also regarding the rangers game. Completely playing it down like it's an irritation and we could do without it - yet I guarantee we throw the fucking sink at them (and then go back to 'we're not fussed' when it doesn't work out).

The fact he’s so dismissive of the comment in the first place is what I love.

Thought it was a solid performance today but the real difference today was Shankland.
I think the narrow pitch was a bit of a red herring as all it did was make no space for either team. Alloa need to rethink this policy as it is spoiling the spectacle.
Back to the performance we were comfortable and Alloa rarely got behind our defence. Best for us were Smith, Murdoch, Moffat and Shankland.

Goodwin verging on toys out of the pram there.

Was about to say. He said in the AU media interview that they are in a better position this season to beat us than last season.

Nonsense imo. Every time Alloa went up against us last season we had a weakened team and they still had guys like Stewart, McCart and Kirkpatrick at their disposal. This season they’ve lost those 3 guys and haven’t replaced them with better players.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Goodwin verging on toys out of the pram there.

If he looks back on the interview he  might change the script , think he was still a bit upset , good luck you guys , one of the best teams so far even if it was probably our worst display

Ayr played some good football..   we looking back had too many players off the boil. and looked slightly disjointed .

3 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

If he looks back on the interview he  might change the script , think he was still a bit upset , good luck you guys , one of the best teams so far even if it was probably our worst display

Ayr played some good football..   we looking back had too many players off the boil. and looked slightly disjointed .

I actually thought he came across ok, he did single out Shankland but later on he also said we were a good side. The bottom line is that he's just watched his team get cuffed and that's never easy to take for any Manager having to give the post match rundown.

5 hours ago, placidcasual said:

Total canter. Two really nice finishes from Shankland. Thought Forrest was excellent, McDaid looked sharp when he came on. Alloa were really poor. Headed back to the seaside leagues on that showing.

Yes, we needed that second goal though. 

Archived