Alloa vs Ayr

8 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Bell in for Adams tomorrow, sounds like McGuffie will be getting a run out too

Is Adams injured? If not, he plays. For me he's been our best defender this season. He actually played alright at Dumfries as well. (He was the only defender with pass marks)

Agree, McGuffie deserves to get a shot off the bench after his hat trick for the reserves.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Adams injured? If not, he plays. For me he's been our best defender this season. He actually played alright at Dumfries as well. (He was the only defender with pass marks)
Agree, McGuffie deserves to get a shot off the bench after his hat trick for the reserves.
Says in the Daily Record article Adams is being rested

26 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Says in the Daily Record article Adams is being rested

Makes sense then, I hadn't seen that.

I still think we'll win 2-1 but it'll be scrappy.

13 hours ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

I actually agree with you. I wasnt exactly eye bulging with rage at Bells antics- bit of a dick move though, and no doubt something he wouldn't have done if the game was going differently.

Similarly with Goodwin at Somerset- quite devious panto villain stuff that I found terrific but certainly wouldnt have if it was reversed. 

My original point was Alloa can hardly be labelled cheating cloggers to a man because of a couple of minutes of Jim Goodwins antics, and similarly I wouldnt label Ayr based on a couple of incidents from one individual in one game.

Goodwin has certainly got them well organised and punching above their weight. Alloa can play decent football when the opportunity arises however if up against it can also do whatever it takes to get a result. Cheating is perhaps a bit strong but reducing the size of your pitch to the legal limits is as close as it gets

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

+1 for the irrefutable proof and would give a greenie to Rose for the throw. Great technique.

I was dying that day.:lol: He threw it on to the main road. If you were driving past at that moment it would have been hilarious.

Goodwin has certainly got them well organised and punching above their weight. Alloa can play decent football when the opportunity arises however if up against it can also do whatever it takes to get a result. Cheating is perhaps a bit strong but reducing the size of your pitch to the legal limits is as close as it gets
Close as it gets? To cheating?

What are you on about? Playing directly within the laws of the game sounds like the opposite of cheating to me.

Looking forward to the game today, if last seasons clashes are anything to go by this should be a cracker...

Ayr have had some cracking results this season and got to say I will be happy with a draw this afternoon...

I just hope it’s the Ayr that got humped by QoS that turns up today...[emoji51]

52 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Close as it gets? To cheating?

What are you on about? Playing directly within the laws of the game sounds like the opposite of cheating to me.

Yep, unfortunately I'll be missing one of my favourite away days, the trauma of last season will stay with me for a long while right enough.

Not making a prediction, our last 2 "wtf just happened" games have been on the all weather(aye right) and Goodwin is no mug.

26 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Total canter. Two really nice finishes from Shankland. Thought Forrest was excellent, McDaid looked sharp when he came on. Alloa were really poor. Headed back to the seaside leagues on that showing.

On that showing yes , we had a bad day, but you guys are good too !

we only have ourselves to blame ,goodwins tactics were wrong , and the only good thing about today was shields performance when he came on , only a crumb of comfort 

Archived