Alloa vs Ayr

Highlights were 2-0 going on 20. Glorious.

Don't really think anyone is suggesting that Ayr are a one-man team, but it's like any club where there is one player who is visibly involved in everything. You can't not comment on it. At the same time, he was an Ayr player when Alloa were close to ruining everything at the end of last season as well.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Ayr fans are being very precious having any issue with the Goodwin comments. I think he was being 100% honest by saying that Shankland and Dobbie should be playing at a higher level. He also went on to clarify his comments and said Ayr were a good team.

Basically, stop nitpicking and just enjoy your side being in good form.

Think Ayr fans are being very precious having any issue with the Goodwin comments. I think he was being 100% honest by saying that Shankland and Dobbie should be playing at a higher level. He also went on to clarify his comments and said Ayr were a good team.

Completely agree. I thought it was a good interview to be honest and have no idea what people are talking about.

14 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Goodwin might be in a better place to comment about Dobbie once he’s played against Alloa. It’s no surprise he’s mentioned the two players most likely to thwart his mini pitch plan. Can see many team struggling to win there as not much room to play and really need to take the few chances which come along  

Shankland is scoring so many goals due to our style of play and the fact that we create so much due to the excellent interplay from guys like Forrest, Moffat, Crawford, Murdoch & Kerr.

Moore, remember, also managed 35 goals last season and again that was because we create from midfield, so although Shankland has been excellent for us, it's complete and utter nonsense to suggest we're a one man team.

Going a bit further, with the exception of the QOS match, our defence and keeper have also been excellent which has given us that stable base to attack teams.

Shankland is scoring so many goals due to our style of play and the fact that we create so much due to the excellent interplay from guys like Forrest, Moffat, Crawford, Murdoch & Kerr.
Moore, remember, also managed 35 goals last season and again that was because we create from midfield, so although Shankland has been excellent for us, it's complete and utter nonsense to suggest we're a one man team.
Going a bit further, with the exception of the QOS match, our defence and keeper have also been excellent which has given us that stable base to attack teams.

All of that is undoubtedly true but I think it’s fair to say Shankland gets far more involved with that interplay than Moore does. Obviously his goals are the headline grabber but his all round game is very important to our style of play in my opinion.
That’s not to say we’re a one man team but I think we’d be that bit easier to nullify without him.

On 24/09/2018 at 19:50, Poet of the Macabre said:

What irritated me was the fact he's suggesting Shankland is sitting in his comfort zone just now and should be playing at a higher level - it's almost suggesting a lack of ambition. 

He's played 6 games for Ayr at a level where a year ago not a single team would take a chance on him, and in fact when we signed him we had fans of half the teams in the leage ripping the pish for being daft enough to give him a 6 month deal.  

I think the big man is playing it just fine. 

Archived