Inverness v Queens

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice for the 1200 or so that bother their arses to attend every other week, but you wonder why the fan base is not growing!

I couldn’t agree more - the lack of ambition is quite unbelievable. You would think the league table is played out by virtue of :-

Average home crowd
Wage budget

These factors count for nothing if you don’t have good players and good management.

Honestly, no wonder we haven’t played in the top league since 1963/64 - a quite horrendous statistic which we should all be ashamed of.

2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I couldn’t agree more - the lack of ambition is quite unbelievable. You would think the league table is played out by virtue of :-

Average home crowd
Wage budget

Wage budget is the biggest determinant of where you'll end up in the league - higher wages generally means better players. We're lucky to have Dobbie who is probably taking below his market value.

Personally I'm still looking downwards, trying to work out the two teams that will finish below us. Hopefully a finish between 4th and 7th is on the cards and the margins within that grouping will probably be pretty small.

17 hours ago, PB1994 said:

A good post.

Agree with what PB1994 says. Queens probably just about edged it and it's hardly surprising that Dobbie was the one most likely to score out of anyone on that pitch. 

Queens defended well and in numbers and we couldn't find a way through. Though they also didn't sit in and were very much an attacking threat for large parts of the game. I don't think we could have grumbled to much had they snatched a goal to get the win. We certainly didn't do enough to merit the three points. White was starved of service for the most part and Austin didn't add anything when he came on. Doran and Walsh struggled to get going and when Robertson put Polworth on the right wing that was the end of his game. Calder at least looked quite lively when he arrived as a sub.

If Harkins can check his kit before he sticks it in the machine and can send Welsh and Chalmers back up the road that would be appreciated.

Wage budget is the biggest determinant of where you'll end up in the league - higher wages generally means better players. We're lucky to have Dobbie who is probably taking below his market value.
Personally I'm still looking downwards, trying to work out the two teams that will finish below us. Hopefully a finish between 4th and 7th is on the cards and the margins within that grouping will probably be pretty small.

I genuinely feel sorry for you if you are looking down the way. I just hope our manager isn’t doing the same thing.

2 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I genuinely feel sorry for you if you are looking down the way. I just hope our manager isn’t doing the same thing.

From his interviews it sounds like he's looking at the playoffs but he's not been a Queens supporter as long as me.

19 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:
2 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

How on earth can you have watched our first 7 league games and wonder who will finish below us?

2nd highest scorers in the league and 3rd tightest defence equals at least a playoff spot.

why can’t you see that? 

It means nothing at all how long you have followed Queens, look at what we are doing this season !! 

On the whole it is very positive

How on earth can you have watched our first 7 league games and wonder who will finish below us?
2nd highest scorers in the league and 3rd tightest defence equals at least a playoff spot.
why can’t you see that? 
It means nothing at all how long you have followed Queens, look at what we are doing this season !! 
On the whole it is very positive
Who do you think we'll finish above?

How on earth can you have watched our first 7 league games and wonder who will finish below us? 2nd highest scorers in the league and 3rd tightest defence equals at least a playoff spot.

why can’t you see that? 

Yet we still sit in 5th, two points below Dundee United who just sacked their manager.

We’ve had a good start to the season, Naysmith has found a lineup that works and I’m really enjoying it, maybe I’m just pessimistic. 4th is a realistic target but a couple of injuries over the winter and things look threadbare.

3 hours ago, TeeMan said:

Yet we still sit in 5th, two points below Dundee United who just sacked their manager.

We’ve had a good start to the season, Naysmith has found a lineup that works and I’m really enjoying it, maybe I’m just pessimistic. 4th is a realistic target but a couple of injuries over the winter and things look threadbare.

We sit 5th with two winnable games to come.

The 4 above us all play each other in that same period. Hence them dropping points. Meaning we move up the league.

Happy Days

2 hours ago, SueSue said:

We sit 5th with two winnable games to come.

The 4 above us all play each other in that same period. Hence them dropping points. Meaning we move up the league.

Happy Days

Expecting winnable games to necessarily translate into wins, strikes this long time Queens fan as foolhardy.

Another clean sheet. Our defence earns us a well deserved point.  Must have really upset those that continually complain about our defending. Time we gave them the praise they deserve, I say

2 minutes ago, baw heid said:

Another clean sheet. Our defence earns us a well deserved point.  Must have really upset those that continually complain about our defending. Time we gave them the praise they deserve, I say

You didn't have to defend much really.  We only really looked dangerous when Ricky Calder came on.  How he doesn't start I'll never know.

Match report could do with a quick proof read. It?s just there?s a few mistakes on it that needs correcting. :P

What I take from the highlights is how good a signing Semple is. Seems solid at the back and a good partnership with Doyle, who also looks a good signing. Callum Fordyce and Darren Brownlie (when fit) might have to wait a while to get back on starting sheet. Another clean sheet and a point to hopefully give us the confidence to take three from Alloa. 

3 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Match report could do with a quick proof read. It?s just there?s a few mistakes on it that needs correcting. :P

What I take from the highlights is how good a signing Semple is. Seems solid at the back and a good partnership with Doyle, who also looks a good signing. Callum Fordyce and Darren Brownlie (when fit) might have to wait a while to get back on starting sheet. Another clean sheet and a point to hopefully give us the confidence to take three from Alloa. 

I agree that Semple has been a good signing but he's only here until December I believe.  After that,   if Doyle is to be kept in central defence, where he's been excellent,  that leaves Fordyce and Brownlie,  when he's fit,  to fight out the other CD spot.  Until Semple leaves,  and if we stay clear of injuries and suspensions, and the defence keep playing as they have,  Fordyce,  just coming back from injury,  might have to be content to take a seat on the bench.  

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I agree that Semple has been a good signing but he's only here until December I believe.  After that,   if Doyle is to be kept in central defence, where he's been excellent,  that leaves Fordyce and Brownlie,  when he's fit,  to fight out the other CD spot.  Until Semple leaves,  and if we stay clear of injuries and suspensions, and the defence keep playing as they have,  Fordyce,  just coming back from injury,  might have to be content to take a seat on the bench.  

I'm hopeful that SUFC decide it would be better for him to stay for the extra 6 months. He is a first team player here and I imagine training with the likes of Harkins and Dobbie and co his development will flourish. Hopefully he is happy here to stay.

55 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I'm hopeful that SUFC decide it would be better for him to stay for the extra 6 months. He is a first team player here and I imagine training with the likes of Harkins and Dobbie and co his development will flourish. Hopefully he is happy here to stay.

Yes it would be good if he could see out the season but as always it's decided by Queens and SU and what's best for Callum's development path.  You would hope his development and his contribution to us would be in the best interests of both clubs but in football, you never can be sure. Any way lets just be pleased with the defensive set up we have just now. Semple looks like he enjoys wearing the Queens colours.

Archived