Betfred Semi-Finals

glasgow-sheep

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, H Wragg said:

I see the Record are claiming playing both games at Hampden on the same day is under serious consideration. emoji23.png

If Celtic and Rangers playing each other at the same venue at the same time is acceptable to the police, then I don't see why having them playing other teams at the same venue at completely different times should be a problem.

This was obviously going to be a potential problem, should the perfectly possible outcome of the two cheeks being apart come up.  Given they're both in Europe, if that happened they'd know that their usual plan of Saturday/Sunday wasn't going to work.  So given that, why not announce beforehand to clubs that if both were drawn at home, then a coin toss (or a big rammy on Superscoreboard, whatever) would take place to decide which tie switched.  Then, given there's absolutely no need for these to be at Hampden, just play one of the games at Parkhead/Ibrox, and the other at either Pittodrie or Tynecastle.  

Or just put them all on at the same time, tell Aberdeen and Hearts not to turn up, and let them batter f**k out of each other.  Both disqualified, people's final.  Sorted.

If Celtic and Rangers playing each other at the same venue at the same time is acceptable to the police, then I don't see why having them playing other teams at the same venue at completely different times should be a problem.

I would have thought that due to the fact that Celtic v Hearts and Rangers v Aberdeen are in themselves highly charged fixtures this would be ruled completely out of hand, plus there’s double the amount of fans, supporters buses etc. to get in and out of the place on the roads and rail network, the uncertainty about when the first game will finish due to the potential for ET and pens.

What about arrangements for hospitality at the stadium, which will definitely be one of the things taken into consideration?

Nae chance, surely?

16 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

Both games, one after the other at Murrayfield. Quarter of the stadium for each team. Danny Dyer and the ccs waiting outside.  Last man standing wins the cup! Sorted.

img_5065.jpg

Play them at the same time at the same stadium.  The SPFL love to spruce up their cups with group stages, colt teams etc. 

If this daily record idea goes ahead you're surely looking at the two games being as far apart as possible on the same day? So Rangers/Aberdeen at midday and Celtic/Hearts on the Sunday evening?

One thing is for sure, we will get fucked over in terms of travel.

Archived