St Johnstone players overlooked by Scotland

ExiledSaint

21 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Liam Caddis should have been given an international call-up whilst at Saints.  Small clubs are treated like absolute shit. I'll be fuming if McLeish decides to call him up now that he's playing for Hurlford United.

Good post. Caddis was capped 8 times at Scotland u19 level, even bagging himself a goal, and yet mysteriously he was never called up for the full squad. Yet more evidence supporting the anti St Johnstone agenda that the OP has identified.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/09/2018 at 12:03, Shandon Par said:

We'd definitely have qualified out of the group stages of Italia 90 if Roddy Grant had been there. 

St Johnstone players overlooked by England thread for this pish. 

Bobby Robson actually mentioned in his autobiography that if he'd had Roddy to bring on in the semi-final with Germany it'd never have gone to penalties.

• 4 weeks later...

The fact that the squad is full of players from a team as pish as Aberdeen is quite frightening.

More Saints players needed IMO. Get big Tony in. He weighs 91kg according to his Twitter.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

In all seriousness, Kerr has played a major part of a defence which hasn't conceded a goal in four games now, is 21, had over 100 senior appearances and numerous youth caps.

He's pretty much exactly the type of player you start introducing to squads at this stage of his career.

Instead McLeish has decided to run with three centre halves so he can wedge in about seven wingers.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

In all seriousness, Kerr has played a major part of a defence which hasn't conceded a goal in four games now, is 21, had over 100 senior appearances and numerous youth caps.

He's pretty much exactly the type of player you start introducing to squads at this stage of his career.

Instead McLeish has decided to run with three centre halves so he can wedge in about seven wingers.

He's certainly a better player than Devlin of Aberdeen.  While some of the gripes are plainly daft, I do think Kerr is not one of McLeish's favoured faces.  

I'm just shocked that we allowed Paul Paton to be snapped up by Northern Ireland. I know that pre-dates his move to Saints, but I think that is another clear demonstration of the anti-Saints bias going on at the SFA.

IMHO.

He’s behind Bates imo, who can’t get into the squad as it is.

Jamie MacDonald - 32 year old - Mid table Premiership team - 7 goals conceded in last 4 games. 

Zander Clark - 26 year old - Mid table Premiership team - 0 goals conceded in last 4 games.

Absolutely clueless why MacDonald is deemed more worthy of a call up. 

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

2 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 7 in Perth, I see.

Point stands. McLeish would rather call up a 32yo keeper out of form than a 26yo keeper in form, despite them both being at the same level.

Have to wonder why...

MacDonald has been consistently better over the last year. Clark hardly played in the second half of last season due to his poor form, and has only just nailed down his position as first choice this season.

I'd probably have picked Clark ahead of MacDonald, but it's a tight call and not the outrage you've suggested.

You've looked at the last four games, but not the four before that when Clark shipped 14.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

MacDonald has been consistently better over the last year. Clark hardly played in the second half of last season due to his poor form, and has only just nailed down his position as first choice this season.

I'd probably have picked Clark ahead of MacDonald, but it's a tight call and not the outrage you've suggested.

You've looked at the last four games, but not the four before that when Clark shipped 14.

Considering Christie gets a call up based on the past month, logic would dictate Clark should get one based on the last month.

I'm just absolutely staggered he can be ignored. There's zero logic behind calling MacDonald up, he's no better than Clark, 6 years older, has no International experience, has no International future. 

Whoever he selected for this role is unlikely to play a minute regardless, why call up someone who'll never benefit from the call up? At least Clark could learn something from it and/or get used to it before his inevitable raft of call ups once he leaves us to the numerous Championship clubs who are watching him.

It's absolutely shite that Saints can, easily, be one of the best Scottish teams in the past decade, with a core of Scottish players, and get completely blanked by manager after manger, to the point where the form keeper in the league is ignored to call up a thirty two year old playing for a team a couple of points better off.

Seething.