Hearts (League leaders) v Celtic (also rans)

Romeo

33 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The tarts had no cutting edge plus the big lump of whid at the back was always going to tire,djoum and haring are decent players but Celtic had enough in the middle even  without brown. Haven't seen enough of cochrane or Morrison to have an opinion not sure if they would have made any difference. 

Morrison not fully fit apparently and Cochrane not long back from injury - both are good young players though.

A depleted Celtic will usually do the business against a depleted Hearts. Pleased with things though until the penalty.

Just glad we've amassed a decent number of points in the league so should still finish higher than last year.

Edited by Crùbag

2 hours ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Getting back to the game yesterday, disappointed on many fronts .

Firstly I think Craig Levein got the set up totally wrong . Its blatantly obvious that Mitchel isn’t a full back and imo , it would’ve better playing him in midfield or even starting Cochrane ( who played really well against Dundee) and Garuccio at full back .

Secondly , we just didn’t seem up for it yesterday right from the first whistle. Granted , losing Naismith so early was a blow and you could almost see the heads go down from that point , but we can’t use that as an excuse , as the whole team seemed to lack any hunger.

Finally , I get pissed off how many of the Hearts support fail to get behind their team. It was a big day yesterday and a huge support , but the atmosphere at our end was shit and we were out sung and outplayed .

Rant over !

Eta. Murrayfield is vastly superior to Hampden in every aspect

The set up probably was wrong, but had McLean got away with the offside effort, everyone would have been praising Levein for getting it spot on. The game changed with Sinclair and Christie being on the park. Edouard was absolutely rotten when playing through the middle. When he dropped back to the left and Sinclair shifted between the left wing and centre forward position, the movement of both seemed to really unsettle the Hearts back line. That led to Rogic being far more influential. After the opener Hearts obviously pushed up a bit and from there, Christie and Rogic controlled the midfield and every Celtic break looked likely to be a goal.

I think it was more to do with Rodgers getting it right with his changes than Levein getting it wrong with his approach.

Disappointed we didn't make a decent game of it but Naismith is the linchpin to this side with his ability to drop deep, hold it and send others through. Without him and missing big Uche's power it was tough to get the ball to stick in Celtic's third. 

We tried to get the ball under control and play it on the deck in the first half but Celtic pressed very well so credit due in fairness. On the other hand they never looked like scoring until the soft pen and then it was game over with us chasing the game.

Celtic of 2 years ago would have routed this makeshift Hearts side. Can't blame the players too much though - it just didn't work out yesterday.

I still have the feeling that the side will get better and better over the next season or two, terrible luck with injuries is nippy as f**k after such a good start to the season.  

Must have missed the news that Lustig was to be cited for cheating? Can't find it anywhere. Strange. Media usually so diligent in bringing this kind of thing to the authorities' attention.
Don't worry about it as McLean is being cited for cock grabbing. [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Just now, lonewolfie said:
10 minutes ago, Romeo said:
Lustig is a great guy. To call him "the worst in Scotland" is over the top.

Calm yourself down.

Sorry. All evidence tells us he constantly cheats, feigns injury and sneers at opponents. Great guy right enough. Odious weed.

Sneers....

:lol::lol:

54 minutes ago, lonewolfie said:

Lustig should be banned for life for just being Lustig. Utter weasel of a guy. Worst in Scotland by a long way.

34 minutes ago, lonewolfie said:
44 minutes ago, Romeo said:

Sorry. All evidence tells us he constantly cheats, feigns injury and sneers at opponents. Great guy right enough. Odious weed.

addtext_com_MTI0NzE1MjcyNA.jpg

13 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

Lustig should be banned for life for just being Lustig. Utter weasel of a guy. Worst in Scotland by a long way.

It’s the way that, every time he goes to ground, he sticks his arm in air looking for immediate medical attention as if he’s got a double leg break, and then he’s up before the physio gets on the pitch. Utter cheat.

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 16:41, The_Judge said:

I can't see anything but a comfortable Celtic win.

On ‎26‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:02, Bohemian said:

Celtic got their tanking in Germany as expected.  Celtic now have one fit center back apparently, Rogic, Forrest, Griffiths and their Capt Brown are all highly doubtful. I fully expect the champions elect to win this in their own back yard. In fact I might even get on the the Hearts -1.  Free money...

Called it [again].

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

It’s the way that, every time he goes to ground, he sticks his arm in air looking for immediate medical attention as if he’s got a double leg break, and then he’s up before the physio gets on the pitch. Utter cheat.

He had a dive in the first half on Sunday that even he was too embarrassed to claim for the penalty.  Should have been booked though really.

31 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He had a dive in the first half on Sunday that even he was too embarrassed to claim for the penalty.  Should have been booked though really.

That does my tits in no matter who has done it. Just because the guy doesn't claim for the penalty, doesn't mean he didn't dive. The fact that they realise they made an arse of it doesn't mean the intent to cheat wasn't there to begin with.

Should be booked every time for it.

10 minutes ago, OSP said:

That does my tits in no matter who has done it. Just because the guy doesn't claim for the penalty, doesn't mean he didn't dive. The fact that they realise they made an arse of it doesn't mean the intent to cheat wasn't there to begin with.

Should be booked every time for it.

I agree