Rangers vs Aberdeen - LC Semi

The_Kincardine

1 hour ago, weejoeharper said:

The first lot of tickets sold were for the better seats, that makes sense. What you are angry about is that the club allowed fans to select seats wherever they wanted to sit rather than sell off the tickets block by block thereby giving our fourth biggest rivals an advantage if we didn't sell out. We have only once sold out our allocation at the semi-final stage and I can't understand why we needed so many tickets in the first place, however your reaction is completely overboard by most normal standards of reference. And before you all get on your high-horses Rangers have not always sold out their allocation either. At the moment though you are all so desperate for any success that you will attack anything that moves. I understand that you crave some success having won nothing major for seven years now and counting but there are ways to go about it, with style and dignity. You guys go on about Aberdeen hating Rangers but we didn't put out a vindictive club statement nor are we threatening anyone with repercussions. That's where you lot fall down and are seen by the rest of Scotland and Scottish Football as bullies and therefore hated by all. 

You guys were offered 16'000/ish tickets.

You lot claimed that wasn't enough and kicked off until you got offered around 21'000, with a condition on how to sell them.

Basically the sheep acted all Billy big baws here and have made themselves look like fuds....

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You guys were offered 16'000/ish tickets.
You lot claimed that wasn't enough and kicked off until you got offered around 21'000, with a condition on how to sell them.
Basically the sheep acted all Billy big baws here and have made themselves look like fuds....

Bennett taking shots at fans for not turning up....

There’s a simple solution to all this and one that you can apply to all clubs in Scotland, even the small ones.

For the record, Aberdeen did go about it in a silly way. A bit like taking a bite out of most of the sandwiches at a buffet so no one else can have them.

The solution is this, and has probably been hypothesised in a similar way but I haven’t read the whole thread.

When the draw is made, both teams in the semi get 45% of the tickets regardless of who the team is.

The club then invites fans to buy tickets using software that only allows them to be sold block by block.

They get 10 days.

Club takes money.

Club banks money.

After 10 days the club informs SFA or SPFL of their numbers.

They also show them that they have cash to back the numbers up.

If a club has sold out their allocation then the tickets are released.

Banked money is then transferred to SFA or SPFL.

If a club hasn’t sold the allocation out, SFA or SPFL set appropriate segregation section and release tickets to fans.

The remaining tickets are then split 50/50 with half going to the club who has an oversubscribed amount of fans wanting tickets (re ballot of the unlucky fans).

The other half of the remaining tickets go on sale to neutrals who wish to see the game or those who would never usually have the chance to see a final.

The other 10% is used to satisfy corporate.

I see it this way. The very first thing that is done for a cup final or semi is to set a neutral venue. Why? To ensure no team has an advantage. This should be reflected in the ticket sales if possible. Where we go wrong imo is that from the offset, we hand out the tickets disproportionately, especially with OF teams. We hear all the time about how we should promote the game to the wider audience when the first thing we do is prevent the wider audience accessing it. For example, when much smaller teams make a semi or a final, and for arguments sake let’s say Alloa, then the first thing that should happen is that Alloa be given the chance to sell out their allocation. It is having the very chance to do so in the first place which is the key principle in this. I believe that a semi with Alloa and Rangers would be much more of a spectacle with a 50/50 split rather than a 90/10 split, and seeing as how Alloa dont make many semis or finals, I quite believe that a huge day for a team and town like them would see a far larger support than usual wanting to attend. If they sell their full allocation then good on them. If they don’t then no surprise. Cup competitions are like that, a chance to mix with the big teams. A chance that doesn’t come round that often. I would also argue that a semi for Alloa would be a far bigger deal for them and their fans than a semi for Rangers would be.

I would apply this across the board for all teams.

A good idea that I would propose for any future ticketing issues would be that both teams get a 50/50 split of tickets and then if any club has some left they can sell them to the fans of the opposing club at a price they see fit.

Would be interesting to see how many of the loyalists would fill, to use this game as an example, Aberdeens coffers to see their team.

13 hours ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

There’s a simple solution to all this and one that you can apply to all clubs in Scotland, even the small ones.

For the record, Aberdeen did go about it in a silly way. A bit like taking a bite out of most of the sandwiches at a buffet so no one else can have them.

The solution is this, and has probably been hypothesised in a similar way but I haven’t read the whole thread.

When the draw is made, both teams in the semi get 45% of the tickets regardless of who the team is.

The club then invites fans to buy tickets using software that only allows them to be sold block by block.

They get 10 days.

Club takes money.

Club banks money.

After 10 days the club informs SFA or SPFL of their numbers.

They also show them that they have cash to back the numbers up.

If a club has sold out their allocation then the tickets are released.

Banked money is then transferred to SFA or SPFL.

If a club hasn’t sold the allocation out, SFA or SPFL set appropriate segregation section and release tickets to fans.

The remaining tickets are then split 50/50 with half going to the club who has an oversubscribed amount of fans wanting tickets (re ballot of the unlucky fans).

The other half of the remaining tickets go on sale to neutrals who wish to see the game or those who would never usually have the chance to see a final.

The other 10% is used to satisfy corporate.

I see it this way. The very first thing that is done for a cup final or semi is to set a neutral venue. Why? To ensure no team has an advantage. This should be reflected in the ticket sales if possible. Where we go wrong imo is that from the offset, we hand out the tickets disproportionately, especially with OF teams. We hear all the time about how we should promote the game to the wider audience when the first thing we do is prevent the wider audience accessing it. For example, when much smaller teams make a semi or a final, and for arguments sake let’s say Alloa, then the first thing that should happen is that Alloa be given the chance to sell out their allocation. It is having the very chance to do so in the first place which is the key principle in this. I believe that a semi with Alloa and Rangers would be much more of a spectacle with a 50/50 split rather than a 90/10 split, and seeing as how Alloa dont make many semis or finals, I quite believe that a huge day for a team and town like them would see a far larger support than usual wanting to attend. If they sell their full allocation then good on them. If they don’t then no surprise. Cup competitions are like that, a chance to mix with the big teams. A chance that doesn’t come round that often. I would also argue that a semi for Alloa would be a far bigger deal for them and their fans than a semi for Rangers would be.

I would apply this across the board for all teams.

In other words we have a form of integrity attached to the process. Jesus man, go work for the SPFL right now! It's the entitlement that some clubs feel that sticks in my throat. 

Integrity and some form of  procedure, ideally written down and open available to all to read.

Hampden has been used for semis and finals since 1999 in this configuration.

Why is there not a settled process for doing this after all this time that everyone understands?

The fact they are making it up as they go along after all this time is preposterous.

I wasn't really aware of the whole Aberdeen ticket fiasco until the resident Sevco Loyal at work were discussing infront of me "the sheep huvnae sold oot".

They were foaming at the mouth telling me all about how Aberdeen wanted half of Hampden and had only sold 9K.

The irony that the pair of them haven't been to a Sevco game in years was hard for me to stifle

I'd like to see something like this for our line-up: Lewis; Logan, Devlin, McKenna, Considine; Ferguson, Shinnie; McGinn, Wright, Mackay-Steven; Wilson.

Lowe has done reasonably well at left-back over the past couple of games, but he is stronger offensively than defensively; I'm not totally against him starting, but he could become exposed if he gets pegged back, especially against Tavernier. McGinn and Wright improved us in the second half at Tynecastle, and Wright would hopefully provide a ball-carrying threat through the middle rather than risking us becoming too predictable and filtering everything through the wingers. Ball has usually done fine in midfield, but I'm not sure that him and Shinnie together offers the best balance. I think Wilson is probably the least bad option of the strikers available. 

I'm concerned about how McInnes will approach the game, though. If we are passive and let Rangers dictate play, and we resort to aimless punts like we did at Tynecastle, we will very likely get beaten, and just give further ammunition to the claims that McInnes is tactically weak in the 'big games' and too stubborn to learn lessons. If we concentrate more on ourselves than the opposition and set up to play football, we might have a chance of nicking it, as I don't think this Rangers team is quite as good as some would like us to believe. 

5 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Ticket arrived. Upper South Stand on the halfway line. Couldn’t have asked for a better seat. Thank God Aberdeen are such a Tin pot club with a shit support 

Excited about seeing your team at Hampden? I remember my first time as well.

Archived