Rangers vs Aberdeen - LC Semi

The_Kincardine

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asked a couple of Ibrox season ticket holders at work who're on the continuous credit card scheme with Rangers and they both said you're not guaranteed a ticket to the final if you miss the semi's. Both said you had about an eighty percent chance of getting a ticket for either game so if you missed one odds are you'd be very unlucky to miss the other as well but there's no guarantee.

The thing from the club about the 'crowd making the difference' isn't always true.

Remember the 6.05pm Sunday night Scottish Cup semi v Hibs in 2000 - everyone had their own personal gangway at Hampden to run up and down celebrating Andy Dow's screamer winner as we rattled around like a few stray frozen peas on a washboard.

Also didn't seem to bother Motherwell too much in both last season's domestic SFs.

3 hours ago, G-MAN said:

So using your argument. As this is Aberdeen’s 394th visit to Hampden in the last 4 years it’s acceptable for us to have sold a ridiculously small amount.

A fine example of the two faces of a football supporter.

Indeed. I've not said anything negative about your sales. At the end of the day, f**k Rangers, tbqh.

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It just shows that demand, just like football is cyclical.

We sold out the semi and final in 2014 after we'd been horrendous for years.  f**k me we sold 14k in 2012 (?) against Celtic when we'd already lost 9-0 to them that season.

Our support is about as apathetic as it's been under Mcinnes (which frustrates me) but it will come back again.

It absolutely is, I agree.

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

In an ideal world both clubs are given the chance to sell 50 / 50. Both clubs instructed to sell block by block and any tickets unsold given to the club who sold their allocation 

Sounds like Aberdeen have been selling theirs block by block though?

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

30k seems a bit thin to spread between 500 million fans.

I was going to say that if all 30,000 Sevco fans who had tickets had donated £100 each to their old club back in 2012 then we may not need to refer to them as Sevco.

Diddy fans indeed.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Asked a couple of Ibrox season ticket holders at work who're on the continuous credit card scheme with Rangers and they both said you're not guaranteed a ticket to the final if you miss the semi's. Both said you had about an eighty percent chance of getting a ticket for either game so if you missed one odds are you'd be very unlucky to miss the other as well but there's no guarantee.

if they haven't had a season ticket since 1981 you can't believe them. 

So basically the spfl could have kept both games at Hampden without having to shell out for Murrayfield.

Way to cost Scottish football money it can't afford to lose Dolly.

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

So basically the spfl could have kept both games at Hampden without having to shell out for Murrayfield.

Exactly, that extra 50 grand or so could have kept The Rangers going for a wee bit longer or maybe even have paid back one of their loan repayments. Shame on you Aberdeen!

Lad on Clyde 1 phone in thinks Aberdeen should donate the unsold tickets to the armed forces,  'like Rangers do'

Lest we forget...

Rangers and the armed forces can go f**k themselves. I expect us to sell over 20, then maybe another 2. Surely!

12 hours ago, Silvio said:

Lad on Clyde 1 phone in thinks Aberdeen should donate the unsold tickets to the armed forces,  'like Rangers do'

Lest we forget...

Great idea - we can make a section of Hampden look like a European tie away to Steaua Bucharest circa 1985.....

48 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Great idea - we can make a section of Hampden look like a European tie away to Steaua Bucharest circa 1985.....

Or Cologne v Dundee in the 1962/63 European Cup...

15 hours ago, bennett said:

If you want a ticket Benny, I can get you one if you like.  You can sit next to me.

19 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Was the same in 2016. Those who missed out on Semi Final were first in ballot for Final. I was ‘lucky’ and got both games 

18 hours ago, bennett said:

In a thread full of moronic posting and seethe from The ****, up pops this little nugget to top the lot.

Anyone not a supporter of either the erse cheeks can see who is costing Scottish Football money, but hey ho in the little minds of your average *** what can you expect.

6 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

In a thread full of moronic posting and seethe from The ****, up pops this little nugget to top the lot.

Anyone not a supporter of either the erse cheeks can see who is costing Scottish Football money, but hey ho in the little minds of your average *** what can you expect.

Imagine being this rattled by one of bennett's quips 

5bc87a8bb8011_TavLaugh.gif.5882a5613516999f4ece5736cb453ceb.gif

1 minute ago, Forest of Dean said:

Imagine being this rattled by one of bennett's quips 

5bc87a8bb8011_TavLaugh.gif.5882a5613516999f4ece5736cb453ceb.gif

Think you're struggling with the meaning of rattled, if you think thats rattled.

Merely highlighting the stupidity of it, but again *** mentality and all that doesn't encourage thought.

Archived