Rangers vs Aberdeen - LC Semi

The_Kincardine

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

All this talk of 'neutral' venues just reminds me of the time Rangers got to play a Scottish cup semi at Ibrox against Dundee United.

thG0KM24IK.jpg.dda083c503f22588d402de6644839567.jpg

Did Mike 'simply the best' McCurry not referee that one?

Or was that another game.

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

We've only Beaton Rangers twice in 9 games. 

Guess who the ref was both times.

I was surprised.

True. He had a lot to say with the first one where he gave you a freekick that wasn't where you got your goal from.

2nd one was nothing to do with the ref.

Worried by DM pre match talk showing too much respect to an overhyped team.

Doesn’t bode well for the starting XI. Hope I’m wrong.

Pre Match Tension starting already.

🇦[emoji1248]🇹[emoji294]️[emoji294]️🇦[emoji1248]🇹

23 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Semi finals would be sold out if they were held at truly neutral grounds and cities, regardless of who was playing. But Scottish football is so far up Celtic and Rangers ars*s that it will never happen. All 42 clubs in the SPFL should be treated equally, but the powers that be are too scared of the two for that to happen. 

Other than murryfield, there is no other stadium with the capacity in Scotland capable of holding most semi finals, plus other factors

Not really the leaguea fault that 3 of the 4 biggest stadiums in the country are in glasgow

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Other than murryfield, there is no other stadium with the capacity in Scotland capable of holding most semi finals, plus other factors

Not really the leaguea fault that 3 of the 4 biggest stadiums in the country are in glasgow

Tannadice would've been ideal. Enough to accommodate our usual semi final attendance and the h*ns would boycott it. Roughly halfway between Glasgow and Aberdeen too,  truly neutral. 

Regardless of the fact it’s only 20K

Why not Tynecastle ?

Tough if the Glasgow Two have only 10K there.

6 hours ago, G-MAN said:

Regardless of the fact it’s only 20K

Why not Tynecastle ?

Tough if the Glasgow Two have only 10K there.

Why not murrayfield then? Dont think any rangers or celtic fan would moan about playing a non edinburgh team in murrayfield given its a better viewing ground than hampden, plus its bigger 

I don’t really have much issues with going to Hampden for semis 

It was the way it was handled initially + plus our indifferent start to the season and record in these games that’s contributed to an average uptake from Aberdeen fans 

Remember when Inverness & Dunfermline played a SC semi at Pittodrie 

Superbly neutral 

An absolute scudding for the Dons here. All 700 of them back up the road gutted.

Seen the day where I would be on here wishing you lads good luck, but I cant help you until you help yourselves. Shitebag talk already from your manager. Never any chance of playing both games at Hampden since they will still be clearing up the broken glass from Aberdeens bottle next month.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

An absolute scudding for the Dons here. All 700 of them back up the road gutted.

Seen the day where I would be on here wishing you lads good luck, but I cant help you until you help yourselves. Shitebag talk already from your manager. Never any chance of playing both games at Hampden since they will still be clearing up the broken glass from Aberdeens bottle next month.

U OK ***?

Archived