Rangers vs Aberdeen - LC Semi

The_Kincardine

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Ok I ll admit it. I’m getting nervous now!! No strikers. Cheating Beaton. Everybody writing Aberdeen of. Aberdeen fans not even that confident!!

Ive seen this all before!!

30 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

!!

!!?

McInnes claiming you only "lose big games because we play more of them" before talking about how many Semis/Finals you've made without ever actually winning the trophy. 
Bizarre stuff.

Manager defends himself when asked if he’s a big game bottler.

Well I never.

Won’t be there tomorrow, but will be cheering the lads on from rainy Spain[emoji853]. Expecting a tight one with hopefully a better use of possession than on Thursday to get passed the Dons by the odd goal. Mon The Gers

McInnes sounding cautious, i can see an ultra defensive line up with a reliance on GMS. 

Lewis

logan  Devlin  Mckenna Considine Lowe

GMS            Ball        Shinnie        Ferguson 

Cosgrove

Formation may vary but it'll be along those lines. 3 1 rangers. Late consolation from Wilson who is brought on with 6 minutes to go.

99.9% of Supporters are all coming up with the same line up. It’s not going to happen. Too much respect being shown by the Club (not company) in the build up to this. Can see it being (at best)

Lewis

Logan McKenna Devlin Considine

Shinnie Ball

GMS Ferguson McGinn

Wilson

To think, Gleeson and Forrester were meant to be the answer to Christie and McLean. FFS.

99.9% of Supporters are all coming up with the same line up. It’s not going to happen. Too much respect being shown by the Club (not company) in the build up to this. Can see it being (at best)

Lewis

Logan McKenna Devlin Considine

Shinnie Ball

GMS Ferguson McGinn

Wilson

To think, Gleeson and Forrester were meant to be the answer to Christie and McLean. FFS.

I think (and hope) that’ll be the line up. That back four is solid and Considine is better defensively than Lowe. We should really have an upgrade on Ball who is bang average, the new signings have been a massive disappointment as you’ve said. A big concern for me is that with that midfield it’s likely we’re going to give up the majority of possession. We really miss McLean, Christie and even Ryan Jack in that regard. Hopefully we can rely on McGinn and GMS to carry the ball and get us up the pitch.

This game will either be a 1-0 shitfest/penalty win for us or (more likely) a convincing 2+ nil win for them. The first goal in games involving us is crucial, we haven’t lost from a winning position since the 2017 Scottish Cup Final. That being said, I can also see them scoring within ten minutes and coasting to an easy win. Hopefully we actually impose ourselves on the game for once.

I think (and hope) that’ll be the line up. That back four is solid and Considine is better defensively than Lowe. We should really have an upgrade on Ball who is bang average, the new signings have been a massive disappointment as you’ve said. A big concern for me is that with that midfield it’s likely we’re going to give up the majority of possession. We really miss McLean, Christie and even Ryan Jack in that regard. Hopefully we can rely on McGinn and GMS to carry the ball and get us up the pitch.

This game will either be a 1-0 shitfest/penalty win for us or (more likely) a convincing 2+ nil win for them. The first goal in games involving us is crucial, we haven’t lost from a winning position since the 2017 Scottish Cup Final. That being said, I can also see them scoring within ten minutes and coasting to an easy win. Hopefully we actually impose ourselves on the game for once.

Fully agree with you.

This has been Shinnie’s worst season so far purely cos he’s running around trying to do so many jobs at once making up for a lack of quality in MF. I don’t think he knows what he’s meant to be doing half the time.

There is always a gap between Wilson and the MF which cries out for a McGinn or Wright to be central supporting him but DM loses that defensive side to the game.

I think Ball has a purpose but his distribution is shite.

Lowe is similar to Shay, can attack but can’t defend.

Wright can do good things in attack but can also hide or appear selfish and not have that awareness to play in teammates when you need pressure.

f**k knows what McGinn will turn up or if he is fit for 90 minutes.

I’ve said it before give GMS the ball and tell him to run centrally. He’ll be fouled more often than not.

It’s a conundrum, go for it and see what happens or shitfest it and see what happens.

I know what I’d prefer. It won’t happen.

To go three at the back when they’re not going to have a striker is madness. Pack the midfield out because we need to win that battle.

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna Lowe

Ball

McGinn Shinnie Ferguson GMS

Wilson

Wright, May off the bench if we’re losing, Considine, Cosgrove if we’re winning. We’ll need Lowe’s pace at the back to counter Kent/Candeias/Tavernier, plus he’s probably our better option out there right now. Had Lafferty been playing, I’d maybe have said Considine for the physicality.

Will Ryan Jack be playing this game? Just wondering who I should give my spare ticket to..
IMG_0299.jpg

Archived