Rangers vs Aberdeen - LC Semi

The_Kincardine

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

It would've been f*cking hilarious if we left the seats empty. The h*ns would be seething. Surely, as a Celtic fan you'd rather see that than have 35,000 of them at the game?  

You could argue the same for any support. Celtic were getting under 30,000 for games under Ronny Deila despite still winning the majority of games and trophies on offer. They all seemed to return when Rangers entered the league, a strange coincidence. 

Are we just casually ignoring that we got the highest profile manager in my living memory? And going from signing Carlton Cole to Moussa Dembele?  My point will be even more proven when he f*cks off and attendances will fall again.

As for empty seats no I would rather see them filled for high profile games, **** or otherwise. It also means more money goes to your club too.

22 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Whether our game is on the up or not Aberdeen having thousands of empty seats will affect nothing of how it's viewed. Outside of the country will continue not giving a flying f**k either way and up here it's just a matter of petty point scoring. Not that I'm criticising anyone for that as I'm sure we'd be the exact same if it was another side in our place.

Well a full stadium generally means a better product when selling tv rights. It also means more money made on the day.

18 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Well a full stadium generally means a better product when selling tv rights. It also means more money made on the day.

Can you tell them this every time they suggest us playing Kilmarnock at midday on a Sunday?

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Can you tell them this every time they suggest us playing Kilmarnock at midday on a Sunday?

I agree for the dogsh*t tv deals we have done in the past we basically have taken any money offered and ignored the potential knock on effects of tickets sold on the day. Its a bit different if we were getting vast sums of money where you can see past it like the EPL but if we are getting a relative pittance offered we should have rules in to help travelling fans or tell them to up their offer significantly.

Anyhoo I believe I have sidetracked this thread somewhat back to the game, sadly I see a sevco narrow win. Aberdeen like Hearts should be looking to capitalise on the fatigue from Thursday and should be going for it straight from the off but its proven in the past McInnes doesnt really have the bottle to try it. I hope Im wrong though.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I agree for the dogsh*t tv deals we have done in the past we basically have taken any money offered and ignored the potential knock on effects of tickets sold on the day. Its a bit different if we were getting vast sums of money where you can see past it like the EPL but if we are getting a relative pittance offered we should have rules in to help travelling fans or tell them to up their offer significantly.

Anyhoo I believe I have sidetracked this thread somewhat back to the game, sadly I see a sevco narrow win. Aberdeen like Hearts should be looking to capitalise on the fatigue from Thursday and should be going for it straight from the off but its proven in the past McInnes doesnt really have the bottle to try it. I hope Im wrong though.

I could rant for a long time on the mismanagement of Scottish football to the point where we are so reliant on tv money that not only do supporters get shafted because of tv times, but we get shafted by tv times squeezed in around the English league schedule.

But as you say that is off topic.  This thread is strictly about Aberdeen ticket sales.

Tinpot! Embarrassing! Grrr! etc etc

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

cked this thread somewhat back to the game, sadly I see a sevco narrow win. Aberdeen like Hearts should be looking to capitalise on the fatigue from Thursday and should be going for it straight from the off but its proven in the past McInnes doesnt really have the bottle to try it. I hope Im wrong though.

I think two games against your lot have clouded his judgement forever in that regard. The 4-0 at Celtic Park a few years ago, which basically decided the title, and the Scottish Cup Final. In both games we played in a positive, aggresive, high-tempo style. In both games we were the better team for 45 minutes to an hour, and then ran out of steam and got overrun.

Since then, he's decided that we're incapable of imposing our game on any of the bigger teams in the league.

8 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I think two games against your lot have clouded his judgement forever in that regard. The 4-0 at Celtic Park a few years ago, which basically decided the title, and the Scottish Cup Final. In both games we played in a positive, aggresive, high-tempo style. In both games we were the better team for 45 minutes to an hour, and then ran out of steam and got overrun.

Since then, he's decided that we're incapable of imposing our game on any of the bigger teams in the league.

The good news (for you) is that I think you're going to win this one.

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

I did say needless empty seats, and the vast majority of the time we sell out our allocation.  Last year we did that with ease yet there was still loads of empty seats not sold due to Hibs not selling their allocation.  Our games on the up again finally so show piece games should always be sold out where possible.

Semi finals would be sold out if they were held at truly neutral grounds and cities, regardless of who was playing. But Scottish football is so far up Celtic and Rangers ars*s that it will never happen. All 42 clubs in the SPFL should be treated equally, but the powers that be are too scared of the two for that to happen. 

30 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Semi finals would be sold out if they were held at truly neutral grounds and cities, regardless of who was playing. But Scottish football is so far up Celtic and Rangers ars*s that it will never happen. All 42 clubs in the SPFL should be treated equally, but the powers that be are too scared of the two for that to happen. 

I am sure, young Joey, this sounded good in your head before you posted it. Where will we find these, "truly neutral grounds and cities"?  Siberia?

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

I am sure, young Joey, this sounded good in your head before you posted it. Where will we find these, "truly neutral grounds and cities"?  Siberia?

Yeah I was wondering if he was suggesting seriously suggesting MacDiarmid Park or something, either way an absolute fruit loop.

13 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen and Glasgow, depending who are playing in the semi finals. Finals would still have to be played at Hampden.

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

And thanks, it’s the first time I’ve been called young for about 20/30 years.

Unless the SFA find £300million or so to build a brand new 60,000 seater national stadium in a more convenient location for Aberdeen fans this 'neutral city' drivel will be just that.

Do teams like Liverpool or the Manchester clubs moan about Chelsea or Arsenal etc having home city advantage if they meet them in a cup final or semi final?

Or are the Dons fans just whinging faced fuckers who would complain about the weather if they could, I seem to recall Fergie's great Aberdeen sides consistently beating Celtic and Rangers at Hampden, this home city advantage pish didn't seem to matter then, im assuming since then there is no great timezone difference or climate change to contend with?

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah I was wondering if he was suggesting seriously suggesting MacDiarmid Park or something, either way an absolute fruit loop.

Why? Are Celtic and Rangers too scared to play in truly neutral circumstances in Scotland?

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen and Glasgow, depending who are playing in the semi finals. Finals would still have to be played at Hampden.

Playing a Aberdeen-Rangers semi at Dundee ffs. Max capacity about the same as Aberdeen's average home attendance.

Just ridiculous patter.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

So you're advocating playing Rangers v Aberdeen at Tannadice or Easter Road???

Yeah lets lock 35,000 people out the game as playing it in the same city is a clear home advantage to Rangers....fucking hell !

2 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Unless the SFA find £300million or so to build a brand new 60,000 seater national stadium in a more convenient location for Aberdeen fans this 'neutral city' drivel will be just that.

Do teams like Liverpool or the Manchester clubs moan about Chelsea or Arsenal etc having home city advantage if they meet them in a cup final or semi final?

Or are the Dons fans just whinging faced fuckers who would complain about the weather if they could, I seem to recall Fergie's great Aberdeen sides consistently beating Celtic and Rangers at Hampden, this home city advantage pish didn't seem to matter then, im assuming since then there is no great timezone difference or climate change to contend with?

Remind me which is the Arsenal end of Wembley again?

Archived