Clash of the titans Raith v Arbroath

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Away attendance is taken direct from the turnstiles I believe.

1) Myself and Timlichtie  bought our tickets from the hatch at the back of the South Stand. I didn't notice the ticket seller mark either of us down as an away fan.

2) We didn't go through a turnstile. We both went through a gate behind the main stand, had a drink in the bar and then walked down the back of the stand (inside the ground) to take our seats in the North Stand.

3) We weren't the only Arbroath fans to do this. Raith had a steward positioned to lift the tape to let fans into the taped off section.

4) Accordingly, if 288 went through the away turnstiles, there were obviously more Arbroath fans in the ground. QED.

This should just be closed down now. Tragic enough already without the argument of whether an extra 20-30 away fans weren’t counted.

Who really cares? 288 looked about right and is a decent away support for a club Arbroaths size. 

This should just be closed down now. Tragic enough already without the argument of whether an extra 20-30 away fans weren’t counted.
Who really cares? 288 looked about right and is a decent away support for a club Arbroaths size. 

This is a very important issue and your cavalier attitude to counting fans is not helpful. Please help or leave this thread!

To help with this important discussion, I noticed two stewards with those click counter things which they use on the train. *srs* They were at the Main Stand on Saturday. *srs* One of the stewards seemed pretty switched on with how to use the thing. The other guy was less so, and just took his lead from the first guy and adjusted his counter to suit.

In summary, Arbroath fans are the new Ayr fans and we have to accommodate them, stroke their ego and confirm to them that they are a big club. Huge in fact. Those 10-20 missing fans make a big difference. I say we should unofficially recognise there were 300 Arbroath fans there, rather than 288.

9 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

1) Myself and Timlichtie  bought our tickets from the hatch at the back of the South Stand. I didn't notice the ticket seller mark either of us down as an away fan.

2) We didn't go through a turnstile. We both went through a gate behind the main stand, had a drink in the bar and then walked down the back of the stand (inside the ground) to take our seats in the North Stand.

3) We weren't the only Arbroath fans to do this. Raith had a steward positioned to lift the tape to let fans into the taped off section.

4) Accordingly, if 288 went through the away turnstiles, there were obviously more Arbroath fans in the ground. QED.

Nobody cares. 

Tbf, I don't think anyone slagged the size of the away support. It's Arbroath, nobody was expecting thousands. I said that we shouldn't have opened the McDermid stand due to the unnecessary additional costs involved, and then it led to a full request for the costings of opening the away end and accusations of lauding it over your support. 

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Tbf, I don't think anyone slagged the size of the away support. It's Arbroath, nobody was expecting thousands. I said that we shouldn't have opened the McDermid stand due to the unnecessary additional costs involved, and then it led to a full request for the costings of opening the away end and accusations of lauding it over your support. 

I don't get all this " extra cost"  excuse that clubs make when asked about opening areas  of stadiums for smaller away supports.  They maintain it costs more to steward the areas but through past experience I have found that even when we have been dumped in an uncomfortable  corner of a main stand there have been at least  5 stewards controlling that area .  Surely these stewards could be used in the other sections at no extra cost ?   The electricity costs shouldn't make that much of a difference either. 

The worst culprits for this are Ayr and Stenhousemuir who have standing areas closed off  for no reason at all. I maintain they do it just to piss off the away support. 

Raith have proved that it can be done and the club themselves obviously don't have a problem with it .......just the fans it seems . 

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Don’t let the Arbroath fans get hold of the FFP article with Nisbet. They’ll be wanting it not just pinned to the dressing room wall but blown up and plastered on billboards around the town.

I read that earlier. He's some boy is King Kev.

Notice of Complaint | Richard Campbell, Manager, Arbroath FC

Thursday 11 October 2018

Alleged Party in Breach: Richard Campbell, Manager, Arbroath FC

Match: Raith Rovers FC v Arbroath FC

Date: 6 October 2018

Competition: Scottish League One

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached:
Charge 1 : Disciplinary Rule 203 - No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match

Charge 2 : Disciplinary Rule 209 - A member of Team Staff listed in team lines as an occupant of the technical area for a match in the SPFL Premiership, SPFL Championship, SPFL League One or SPFL League Two and who has been removed or expelled from the technical area during that match by the referee shall comply with the terms of the SPFL Protocol for Team Staff Removed or Expelled from the Technical Area.

It shall be a defence to any alleged breach of this Rule that exceptional circumstances existed to justify the failure to comply with the SPFL Protocol for Team Staff Removed or Expelled from the Technical Area. Such exceptional circumstances will include but not be limited to acting upon the advice of the Safety Officer at the match, and/or a Police Officer.

Principal hearing date: 15 November 2018

Response date: 17 October 2018

Archived