Rangers v Heart of Midlothian - 7th October 2018

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really sure about our line-up if it's 4-4-2 with Naismith and Djoum wide. Neither of them are at their most effective in an attacking sense wide and their tendency to drift inside could leave the full-backs exposed.

I'd have gone with Garuccio and Morrison for Djoum and MacLean. Mitchell and Morrison wide in a 4-4-2 to try to pin their full-backs back.

I won't pretend I'm confident about this but having Uche back is crucial.

Just now, DC92 said:

Not really sure about our line-up if it's 4-4-2 with Naismith and Djoum wide. Neither of them are at their most effective in an attacking sense wide and their tendency to drift inside could leave the full-backs exposed.

I'd have gone with Garuccio and Morrison for Djoum and MacLean. Mitchell and Morrison wide in a 4-4-2 to try to pin their full-backs back.

I won't pretend I'm confident about this but having Uche back is crucial.

In the cup game v Motherwell, Djoum was wide left when 'well had the ball - when we were in possession, Djoum would tuck in, and Mitchell would bomb it up the left - maybe something similar planned the day?

I f the plan is to play it long for Uche to hold up, that could be a step backwards, imo - we'll see.

Archived