Hamilton Academical FC Vs The Rangers FC (Sun 21/10)

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Cheers chief. I'll watch the game back but just wanted to see if I could turn into a paranoid mess.

If I was a Hamilton fan, I’d be unhappy with both decisions, though given Dallas was the ref I’d also be unsurprised that neither was given.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, MJC said:

Yes but we at least managed not to lose at home to Rangers.

Unlike Accies and erm, who was the only other side they have won away from home against in domestic competition this season? Oh aye, Killie wasn't it?

Ooooft we've got a live one today.

Let me know when you are above us in the league mate (either of your clubs).

Disappointing today, expected the worst after Boyds equaliser and after squandering so much possession. Looked pedestrian at times, we just don’t have any purpose going forward. Good to get it out of the way though (don’t enjoy that trip at all for some reason) and scoop the points. First penalty nailed on, second looked soft. Hard to pick a stand out for us today, perhaps Tav. Lovely finish for Kent’s goal, Morales truly flattered us tidying up for a fourth. Will take it and look forward to Thurs, Follow Follow.

2 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Serious question to all you bluenoses. Do any of you seriously believe that Sevco are even top 3 contenders?

Top scorers in the Premiership?  Best GD?  Only lost 2 games in 21 competitive ones this season?  Handed the league leaders a football lesson in our last home match and won the game after 20 minutes?  Systematically dismantled a fancied Killie team in their own midden?  In the league cup semi and top of our group in Europe?  Scored 44 and conceded 16?

Aye, we were rightly skelped by Celtic and Livi but could have easily beaten Dolly and Motherwell and, over the 21 games we've played, have done incredibly well.  Are we league winners?  Of course not.  Are we Top 3 contenders?  Absolutely and only a fool would argue otherwise.

As for the match today...Accies won't be relegated this season.  They won't even have to do their usual  gravity-defying trick.  St Mirren and Dundee are clearly much poorer teams and neither, really, belong in the top flight.

Sure, we slogged it out and 1-1 after 80 minutes was pretty fair.  The final result, though, was just.

When I seen Penny was playing I had the fear, but to be fair he was probably having his best game for us until he combusted in the last ten minutes. A much improved performance from the Hibs game although we ended up humped. The less said about Dallas the better! Encouraging signs and continue to be impressed by Scott Martin, Miller too. 

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Top scorers in the Premiership?  Best GD?  Only lost 2 games in 21 competitive ones this season?  Handed the league leaders a football lesson in our last home match and won the game after 20 minutes?  Systematically dismantled a fancied Killie team in their own midden?  In the league cup semi and top of our group in Europe?  Scored 44 and conceded 16?

Aye, we were rightly skelped by Celtic and Livi but could have easily beaten Dolly and Motherwell and, over the 21 games we've played, have done incredibly well.  Are we league winners?  Of course not.  Are we Top 3 contenders?  Absolutely and only a fool would argue otherwise.

As for the match today...Accies won't be relegated this season.  They won't even have to do their usual  gravity-defying trick.  St Mirren and Dundee are clearly much poorer teams and neither, really, belong in the top flight.

Sure, we slogged it out and 1-1 after 80 minutes was pretty fair.  The final result, though, was just.

I agree that Sevco are right in the mix for title contenders this season.  Gerrard has done a great job and I think their squad is second only to Celtic although perhaps not a million miles in front of Hibs and Hearts in terms of depth.  My own team have a great 13 or 14 players as well but that may be about it - time will tell.

For all Sevco's issues last season especially towards the end with Murty I think the form table for 2018 calendar year has them only 2 points behind Celtic which isn't bad going.

Screenshot_20181021-184941__01.jpg

25 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I agree that Sevco are right in the mix for title contenders this season.  Gerrard has done a great job and I think their squad is second only to Celtic although perhaps not a million miles in front of Hibs and Hearts in terms of depth.  My own team have a great 13 or 14 players as well but that may be about it - time will tell.

For all Sevco's issues last season especially towards the end with Murty I think the form table for 2018 calendar year has them only 2 points behind Celtic which isn't bad going.

Dindy, I said after our LC game vs Ayr that one  could see the difference in budget - and that it's not just paying big money and paying big wages but it's about squad depth and coaching a group of players to the same standard.  This is really what's going to make the difference in the league and why, probably, Gerrard played 3 players you'd not expect to see today - Katic, Halliday and Rossiter. 

We have to take the long view and while we're still in 4 competitions, have to use the squad and, right now, we have the luxury of doing that.

Still. your mob is up next at Ibrox.  I'll start a match thread.

Dindy, I said after our LC game vs Ayr that one  could see the difference in budget - and that it's not just paying big money and paying big wages but it's about squad depth and coaching a group of players to the same standard.  This is really what's going to make the difference in the league and why, probably, Gerrard played 3 players you'd not expect to see today - Katic, Halliday and Rossiter. 
We have to take the long view and while we're still in 4 competitions, have to use the squad and, right now, we have the luxury of doing that.
Still. your mob is up next at Ibrox.  I'll start a match thread.

Make sure the first line is an apology for describing our stadium as a midden!

51 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

"Incredibly well"?

Progress on the recent comedy sure, but losing to the only side with a better budget, while failing to beat several of those with much poorer ones = incredible.  Really?

I'd also question the logic that sees 1-1 after 80 minutes as "fair", yet 4-1 at the end as "just" but what do I know?

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

"Incredibly well"?

Progress on the recent comedy sure, but losing to the only side with a better budget, while failing to beat several of those with much poorer ones = incredible.  Really?

I'd also question the logic that sees 1-1 after 80 minutes as "fair", yet 4-1 at the end as "just" but what do I know?

Guessing that most bears will have a little smirk or two while reading this.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Guessing that most bears will have a little smirk or two while reading this.

Why's that Bennett?

Do you see it as "incredible" when a club starts punching just a bit below its weight, as opposed to wildly below it?

If so, you smirk away my friend.

20 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I struggle to see why you struggle with this.  82 mins of tippy tappy dross followed by an  8 min Blitzkrieg?   Seems pretty reasonable to me.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Why's that Bennett?

Do you see it as "incredible" when a club starts punching just a bit below its weight, as opposed to wildly below it?

If so, you smirk away my friend.

I will.

Football is a strange game at times. Play horrific for 85 minutes and end up coming away with a 3 goal winning margin. Good to get the away league win monkey off our backs but that can't be a consistent standard of performance away from home as it'll quickly catch up with us.

Morelos was great again. Great goal and assist plus won one of the penalties. Most pleasing though was his mature performance in not reacting to the windup attempts by some of the Accies' players. Clearly been coached on it and hopefully he can maintain his cool.

All the goals extremely well taken. Tavernier is a quality penalty taker. Must be 10+ penalties he's scored for us now without fail.

I had 3 bets which were Kent FGS, Rangers -2 and BTTS in the 2nd half so all of them came in. Not like my luck at all!

Most pleasing though was his mature performance in not reacting to the windup attempts by some of the Accies' players. Clearly been coached on it and hopefully he can maintain his cool.

Was reading though your post thinking wow quite a decent post for once. Wondering when it would go down hill and the terrible trolling would start, then read this absolute nonsense and normality restored.

11 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Was reading though your post thinking wow quite a decent post for once. Wondering when it would go down hill and the terrible trolling would start, then read this absolute nonsense and normality restored.

What's your issue with the post? He was on the receiving end of some rough tackles from the Accies players and they were clearly trying to get him to react by getting in his face etc. when the play stopped. On this occasion he didn't react and just kept playing football. He's been coached on it as is obvious from his last 3 games but just a question of whether it lasts or not.

Archived