Cowdenbeath vs Clyde - Scottish Cup

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, I’m not there but it’s not great. Our defence seems to be getting really quite leaky and we’re not scoring goals like we were at the start of the season. I’m not deliberately pushing the panic button but we’ve been here before...

Lennon deserves all the flack for that line up. Playing Boyle on that pitch against a team as physical as that is ridiculous.

Deserved nothing and rightfully out the cup. 400 at Queen's Park , another healthy crowd today, it will dwindle if we don’t get two results in the next two weeks. Three defeats on the trot and we are looking below rather than  up which would be hugely concerning.

Can't understand anyone critising
Lang he played well showed real desire unlike the vast majority of our heartless individuals
Cowdenbeath battled and scrapped had two opportunities and scored good luck to them
As said Lennon deserves all the crap that comes his way

Fans who don’t go to games and then criticise players need to take a good look at themselves.

I went to our last match at Hampden and witnessed a completely gutless performance where we once again shat the bed on a big(ish) occasion. Somewhat disheartened by that and given this was our third away game in a row, I chose to sit out a visit to a shithole stadium against a team of hammer throwers that we are already facing 4 times this season.

I have seen plenty of matches this season to entitle me to an opinion, not that it’s anything to do with you.

Lang was fine going forward in the first half. Got roasted too often by the number 11. He was far from the worst performer today though. I’d give Grant pass marks at best.

Starting lineup looked odd to me before the game considering quite a few that you would say are first 11 weren’t starting. If Danny wasn’t keen on the cup, it looked like it rubbed off on the players. We should have had a pen in the first half, then Cowdenbeath were denied a similarly stonewall pen, but we were kind enough to allow you possession back to score 10 seconds later anyway.

Cox’s shove of McNiff was shocking. He was off the pitch already and Niff was lucky not to get badly injured by it. For me, that could easily have been a red.

The only positive to come out of today is that we won't start that team next week; Peterhead would absolutely murder us.

Today we had the wrong team selection and Lennon needs to take a good look at himself and get us back to the way we should be playing. He was given ample evidence of Lang's ineptitude at full-back last season (caught on the wrong side constantly, , and I didn't need proof to know that Rankin would struggle at left-back.  Stewart, I can only assume, is unfit. Duffie the same, as for all his flaws he's absolutely a better right-back than Lang (and neither anywhere near as good as Cuddihy).

He's also persisting with Rumsby who has been average at best (although the best in our back four today). McNiff was back to his absolute worst today. Our best centre half was nowhere to be seen again.

The midfield trio actually did okay in the main but I assume Lennon is talking about Cuddihy when he talks about poor final balls. He was superb bursting forward ignoring the fact he gave the ball away at the crucial moment too often. Lyon got better as the game went on and he certainly showed a lot more today than he has in his other appearances and he produced a good ball for the goal. Not sure Grant can be held anyway culpable, thought he played well.

I've also no idea why we've signed a striker and decided to play him as a winger who doesn't have the burst of pace to get past someone after he's done his trick. If AKB is playing, he has to be central where the quick feet allow him to get a shot away. I don't think anyone was surprised that Boyle (who possibly did deserve a start) struggled against a physical team.

Goodwillie was absolute rubbish again, but for some reason we've also stopped playing to his strengths; looking to get the ball into the half spaces and get him in on goal. He just doesn't look sharp when the ball comes to him either though.

Some of the refereeing was absolutely horrendous. I thought we were worth one, possibly two penalty kicks; one for McNiff clearly being pulled back at a first half set piece, the other for Marsh barging over Goodwillie in the second half. No idea how a referee can see Cox (who deserved his man of the match award) shove a player into side of a dugout and only produce a yellow card; if that's not endangering an opponent, I'm not really sure what is.

I'm genuinely fuming to be out of another cup, good luck to Cowdenbeath in the next round. For us, another free Saturday.

Could be worth speaking to Albion rovers to move forward our match with them (scheduled for the Saturday before Xmas).

A free Saturday right before Xmas would be preferable to one at the end of November.

Depressing that October is not even done and we have nothing but the league to play for (and after the next 2 matches that could be a lost cause too).

Archived