Israel v Scotland

TheScarf

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, skippy2015 said:

It really isn’t there has been far worse squads than this.

Correct , they are obviously being coached wrongly.   How many times did we see McFadden trying to coach McLeish  tonight ?  ...............And Eck rushing out to pass on the message !!  

The team were pedestrian . The passing was shocking and the lack of movement off the ball was embarrassing .  We made Israel look good by not shutting them down  and sat far too deep in that 2nd half.  

I watch this shite every 2nd week at Glebe Park and to see it at international level is criminal.  Get McLeish tae f**k now and give Ross Jack a chance. 

I hated strachan and his stubborness but the last half of the campaign i thought he was starting to get it right by going at teams with pace and power, tonight the team looked berti vogts era and what has happened to our pool of players 

That was utter incompetence Alan McGregor aside, and I include the coaching staff in that. Robertson was woeful, passing inside and backwards every single time. I can’t believe people keep trying to talk up McGinn who continues to be careless on the ball. Russell and McDonald were anonymous. At 1-0 we should have pinned them back with the aim of scoring again but we bottled it. Absolutely shocking and I am so pleased I gave up my membership in 2017.

Embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

It's not right to throw a hissy fit about it but I wouldn't blame Griffiths for being raging about not starting.

Same as Kris Boyd and Steven Fletcher before him.  If you don't treat world class players with the respect they deserve you won't get the best out of them.

11 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:
25 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:
IMG_0698.jpg.eaa98f5b085ddd7864087b545abe1876.jpg

He can laugh because if he don't play on Sunday when his country needs him cause of a injury or that's if he has 1 then them goals against England will be forgotten very quickly cause he should never wear a Scotland top again

Hes a w**k stain unfortunately our best striker at the moment, i actually think he wont play again under alky eck

In defence of O’Donnell, he had no cover and was left exposed all night. McLeish hasn’t a clue. The Albania game showed that Tierney and Robertson cannot play together, but he played them together again tonight. McDonald and Mulgrew are both bombscares. McGinn tried to do too much and gives the ball away frequently. He should have played Forrest from the start. I’m afraid McLeish is a dinosaur.

Russell and Naismith are not international standard. Naismith couldn’t control a bag of cement! Rant over

We've known for years that we don't have the players required to be a good side that qualifies regularly for tournaments. 

What we can do is have an organised, hard working side with players in their correct positions, players used in particular roles that can bring balance and at least a basic ability to defend relatively calmly and competently when we have to sit in.

Other smaller countries with less resources and similar or smaller pools of players manage this, some even punch above their weight.

The players were poor tonight but the blame lies squarely with the manager.

Archived