Scotland v Portugal

buddies1877

Just now, Mr Pikey said:

This is exactly what everyone has to do. The only way to make the Sfa take notice is if they think their gonna lose money. I'd love for less than 10000 to turn up. If you're willing to travel in the pishing rain on a Sunday night in November and pay 35 quid for a friendly after that shite then you and McLeish deserve each other

How exactly does not taking up the tickets you've already paid for make the SFA "take notice" or see them lose money?  They've already got it.  They don't really care if the stadium looks empty if it's people just not taking up the tickets they bought.  

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, forameus said:

How exactly does not taking up the tickets you've already paid for make the SFA "take notice" or see them lose money?  They've already got it.  They don't really care if the stadium looks empty if it's people just not taking up the tickets they bought.  

I agree they’re not going to care about people who’ve bought tickets not turning up (they’ll likely be included in the attendance announced anyway). It would need to reach the levels of probably well under 5000 fans actually there before they really cared, which is not going to happen.

Incidentally, I only bought the Portugal tickets because they were offering the £10 discount for buying tickets for all four games (I believe you were supposed to include the Belgium friendly), but it gave me the discount for buying tickets to just three games as their booking system is as useless as the rest of the SFA.

By this , I’m assuming you mean teams we might play well against and maybe have a chance of beating.?
Much lesser teams,maybe 50 or so places behind us in FIFA rankings similar to the standard of Israel for example ?
I think your suggestion may be slightly flawed . 

Is it and playing teams like Portugal and Belgium makes more sense to you [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Think you might just be as big a numpty as the ones arranging these friendlies

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

Is it and playing teams like Portugal and Belgium makes more sense to you emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Think you might just be as big a numpty as the ones arranging these friendlies

Where did I say I agreed playing teams like Portugal and Belgium ?

The wankstains at the SFA are arranging friendlies against these “ glamour” teams , purely based on the hope that punters will come along to watch a decent team with star players( not out national team shit) , such as Ronaldo etc , but that particular ploy has backfired on them in this instance 

I pointed out that regardless of who Scotland played crowds were dwindling ( the point you brought up ) was because they’re utter gash.

I’d be interested to hear what teams you suggest we play in friendlies in order to boost team confidence and morale.

Take you’re time 

Where did I say I agreed playing teams like Portugal and Belgium ?
The wankstains at the SFA are arranging friendlies against these “ glamour” teams , purely based on the hope that punters will come along to watch a decent team with star players( not out national team shit) , such as Ronaldo etc , but that particular ploy has backfired on them in this instance 
I pointed out that regardless of who Scotland played crowds were dwindling ( the point you brought up ) was because they’re utter gash.
I’d be interested to hear what teams you suggest we play in friendlies in order to boost team confidence and morale.
Take you’re time 

We could easily beat that Israel team if we had a decent manager in charge.

Would make a huge difference if playing teams that we have a squad that is capable of beating them.

Winning will get punters back in nothing else.

For now the sfa need to realise they fucked up with mcleish and are making things even worse with these ridiculous friendlies against team that will just pump us

46 minutes ago, Kyle said:

This game shan't be ruining my Sunday (and birthday).

Birthday pals! 

I had the fear about this game.  Mate of mine that lives in Milton Keynes that I went to the home and away England games with is up this weekend on a rare trip.  My wife hinted that there was something planned for the Sunday.  Luckily, it wasn't tickets for this, as I feared.  

32 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Portugal without Ronaldo won't be as good as Belgium, but I still expect them to score 3 minimum.  For the second half?  Not sure.

I wouldn't be so sure.  Generally they seem to be playing a better brand of football without him, due to not having to play everything through him.  He would've taken the piss out of us anyway, had he been playing, but instead we're going to be up against a more united team.  They'll still take the piss out of us.

20 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

See if Portugal score five or six - hardly impossible - does McLeish survive?

Absolutely.  He's not getting punted, anyone actually believing that the SFA - who have hung onto several managers longer than they should have - will sack him after such a short time are lying to themselves.  

12 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Let's have a sweepstake for how many call offs there will be. Dobbie to lead the line on Sunday. Would probably not be the worst option either....

I'm definitely expecting a few.  Dobbie alongside Shankland could work (according to Ian McCall).

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

We could easily beat that Israel team if we had a decent manager in charge

Aye, and if your auntie had bawz, she’d be your uncle .

You still haven't named teams you think we should play against in friendlies you think we could beat to boost morale .

Remember, they need to be FIFA members and over 16’s

Aye, and if your auntie had bawz, she’d be your uncle . You still haven't named teams you think we should play against in friendlies you think we could beat to boost morale .

Remember, they need to be FIFA members and over 16’s

Talking of aunt and uncles your just talking utter mince seems your the result of inbreeding

Arguing against something that you claim you don’t agree with anyway so don’t fucking reply to my post if you do.

Simple we can play Jordan let Croatia play portugal.

Worth noting on the subject of "play a team we can beat" that people were openly bitching and moaning about the result against Albania on the grounds that Albania were so bad.  Somehow I don't think struggling to a convincing win against someone like Jordan - as if it was a serious suggestion - would do anything.

Archived