Scotland v Portugal

buddies1877

1 hour ago, Marten said:

Scotland might not have had a choice but to play Portugal. It's not just that we can only play teams in divisions A and B, we can also only play teams that played last night as we are obliged to play on Sunday (TV/UEFA contract reasons) and the "2 days rest" rule limits the choice even further. That meant that Sweden and Portugal were the only options. Obviously the alternative is playing a non-European nation, but as far as I know, there are plenty of continental qualifiers etc. going on around the world this week, so that might be tricky too.

You come in here, with your facts and your logic and your balance... what are you trying to pull?

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

Il leave it there then clearly Denmark are better than Germany and Argentina.

I can’t be arsed replying anymore.

Did you not watch the World Cup? Did you not see Argentina draw with Iceland and get rinsed by Croatia? Did you not see the Conmebol qualifiers? Argentina were absolutely honking. They only qualified because of an insane Messi hat-trick to come back from behind against Ecuador in the final match, and got lucky with the results of Colombia, Peru and Chile.

Germany unequivocally had a much worse World Cup than Denmark. The lost group games against Mexico and South Korea. Denmark came through their group undefeated, getting a 0-0 draw with France.

Football is played on grass, not on paper, and on grass Denmark are up with both of them right now.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Did you not watch the World Cup? Did you not see Argentina draw with Iceland and get rinsed by Croatia? Did you not see the Conmebol qualifiers? Argentina were absolutely honking. They only qualified because of an insane Messi hat-trick to come back from behind against Ecuador in the final match, and got lucky with the results of Colombia, Peru and Chile.

Germany unequivocally had a much worse World Cup than Denmark. The lost group games against Mexico and South Korea. Denmark came through their group undefeated, getting a 0-0 draw with France.

Football is played on grass, not on paper, and on grass Denmark are up with both of them right now.

Did you not hear him?  He can't be arsed replying anymore.  He made a complete arse of a point and would rather just withdraw than admit it.

9 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Sure I did England must be better than Spain aswell carry on

What part of the FIFA rankings based on most recent form don’t you understand ?

In the 2018 World Cup , Spain won one of four games and departing at the hands of Russia in the last-16. 

England made it to the semi final , earned more ranking points than Spain and are therefore currently ranked above Spain .

Surely you can’t be that thick ? 

What part of the FIFA rankings based on most recent form don’t you understand ? In the 2018 World Cup , Spain won one of four games and departing at the hands of Russia in the last-16.  England made it to the semi final , earned more ranking points than Spain and are therefore currently ranked above Spain .

Surely you can’t be that thick ? 

Did I say it was based on current form 

You were the one that was constantly mentioning fifa rankings not me.

I said the rankings are a load of crap don’t tell the truth about how teams are currently.

Not that it can be really done in a better way just would never use it as to judge who is better than who as the point you were trying to use it for by keep mentioning it

Just now, buddies1877 said:

Did I say it was based on current form

If it’s not based on current form , what should it be based on ?

Form from 1,2,5,10,15 years ago ?

I know , I’ve got a great suggestion , let’s base Scotland’s FIFA rankings based on form in 1904, as they were ranked 1 then 

You really are making a total Cnut of yourself mate 

If it’s not based on current form , what should it be based on ?
Form from 1,2,5,10,15 years ago ?
I know , I’ve got a great suggestion , let’s base Scotland’s FIFA rankings based on form in 1904, as they were ranked 1 then 
You really are making a total Cnut of yourself mate 

I don’t give a shit tbh as I said I don’t use it to judge who the better team is it’s correctly used to seed teams as that’s a fairer way to do it.

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

I don’t give a shit tbh as I said I don’t use it to judge who the better team is it’s correctly used to seed teams as that’s a fairer way to do it.

Ah ok , I understand now 

So you have your own private little ranking system based on your personal opinions of who the best teams are , regardless of recent results, performances , etc , etc 

Basically you’re own wee fantasy football league consisting of one active member 

You’ve also just contradicted yourself .

You say that FIFA rankings ( which are based on recent form) is the fairest way to seed teams , unless of course they don’t agree with your opinion on how good or bad a team is 

You’ve completely lost the plot 

Ah ok , I understand now 
So you have your own private little ranking system based on your personal opinions of who the best teams are , regardless of recent results, performances , etc , etc 
Basically you’re own wee fantasy football league consisting of one active member 
You’ve also just contradicted yourself .
You say that FIFA rankings ( which are based on recent form) is the fairest way to seed teams , unless of course they don’t agree with your opinion on how good or bad a team is 
You’ve completely lost the plot 

Recent form current form lol make up your mind what’s what.

Footballs all about opinions is it not teams can change performances at a simple change such as manager lol

Hearts beat Celtic they are currently ahead of Celtic in the league do you think with your logic then hearts are the best team in Scotland?

Lots of discussion on the available opponents and who we should of played.

Here is a mad suggestion, why didn’t we play nobody. He could have spent the rest of the international break working with the squad on the training ground so that they don’t look like 11 fucking strangers cobbled together next time out.

Not playing pointless friendlies can also inflate your position in the FIFA rankings instead of getting rinsed off Belgium’s and Portugal’s or embarrassed off no marks like Jordan.

18 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Recent form current form lol make up your mind what’s what.

Footballs all about opinions is it not teams can change performances at a simple change such as manager lol

Hearts beat Celtic they are currently ahead of Celtic in the league do you think with your logic then hearts are the best team in Scotland?

As they’re top of the league at this moment in time having accumulated the most points from games played  , then yes , of course they are .You can’t argue against solid facts .

However, if for example , they lose their next game and Hibs win to go top of the league , then based on form , Hibs become the best team in Scotland at that moment in time .

Your team on the other hand have had shit results , slightly better than Dundee, but slightly worse than Motherwell , that’s why they’re below Motherwell but above Dundee 

I know it’s difficult for you to comprehend but that’s the way leagues work 

So to summarise , you’re team are currently ranked / seeded/ placed 11th in the SPL based on recent results and form.

I hope that simplifies it enough for you

As they’re top of the league at this moment in time having accumulated the most points from games played  , then yes , of course they are .You can’t argue against solid facts .
However, if for example , they lose their next game and Hibs win to go top of the league , then based on form , Hibs become the best team in Scotland at that moment in time .
Your team on the other hand have had shit results , slightly better than Dundee, but slightly worse than Motherwell , that’s why they’re below Motherwell but above Dundee 
I know it’s difficult for you to comprehend but that’s the way leagues work 
So to summarise , you’re team are currently ranked / seeded/ places 11th in the SPL based on recent results and form.
I hope that simplifies it enough for you

Really lol so who’s contradicting who here

Wouldn’t Celtic be top of the sfa football rankings it there was such a thing having won the treble 3 times in a row yet your saying hearts are better atm

7 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Really lol so who’s contradicting who here

Wouldn’t Celtic be top of the sfa football rankings it there was such a thing having won the treble 3 times in a row yet your saying hearts are better atm

You asked “ who the best team was in Scotland right now “ and I gave you a detailed answer.

You’re either at the wind up or unbelievably thick 

ETA . Ok I have a question for you.

Based on current  form and results , what team are performing best in the SPL at the moment?

17 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

You asked “ who the best team was in Scotland right now “ and I gave you a detailed answer.

Based on current  form and results , what team are performing best in the SPL at the moment?

@buddies1877 take your time 

Lol have a read again did I say “right now”

Even right now isn’t it rangers having just pumped hearts lol oh wait didn’t Celtic pump them I don’t know we really need a sfa rankings system so we can tell who is the best. Lol

I know who the worst is and it’s certainly st Mirren having seen all their games this year

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

Lol have a read again did I say “right now”

Even right now isn’t it rangers having just pumped hearts lol oh wait didn’t Celtic pump them I don’t know we really need a sfa rankings system so we can tell who is the best. Lol

I know who the worst is and it’s certainly st Mirren having seen all their games this year

Aye ok mate, whatever.

Difficult to try and reason with an utter simpleton 

Enjoy the rest of your life in your own wee fantasy world 

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Lots of discussion on the available opponents and who we should of played.

Here is a mad suggestion, why didn’t we play nobody. He could have spent the rest of the international break working with the squad on the training ground so that they don’t look like 11 fucking strangers cobbled together next time out.

Not playing pointless friendlies can also inflate your position in the FIFA rankings instead of getting rinsed off Belgium’s and Portugal’s or embarrassed off no marks like Jordan.

I thought it was mandatory:

On entering the competition, participating associations agree:

k. to arrange and play friendly matches on dates left available to their teams
within the international windows after UEFA has established the fixture list.

Archived