Scotland v Portugal

buddies1877

This is the sort of game where we could maybe get a draw. Coming off the back of a poor performance against a big team who are missing their star players and who will likely be treating it as a friendly.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is the sort of game where we could maybe get a draw. Coming off the back of a poor performance against a big team who are missing their star players and who will likely be treating it as a friendly.

Fact they're missing some of their better players probably isn't a good thing there'll be a few very talented players out with a point to prove whereas the more established boys would've maybe taken it a bit easier.

20 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

That's because it is a friendly

32 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

If he is - hiya Ewan!

Probably hungover today after his needlessly aggressive and subsequently deleted tweets last night :lol:

Fat c**t 

I missed this despite following him on Twitter! What was he saying this time? I take it he got torn a new one by everyone?

I missed this despite following him on Twitter! What was he saying this time? I take it he got torn a new one by everyone?
He had a pop at perennial good guy Kenny Millar, who was just saying that he was happy for Mikey Devlin. Didn't see anything else, but it seems like there's more.

57 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, sjc said:

He had a pop at perennial good guy Kenny Millar, who was just saying that he was happy for Mikey Devlin. Didn't see anything else, but it seems like there's more.

Murray is furious that somebody shite like Mikey Devlin got called up, completely missing the point that there's no point someone flying up from England to sit on the bench in a meaningless friendly.  And he's also trolling.  He's really weird.  You'd have thought a Guardian staff writer would be reasonably level-headed, but Murray's very odd.  The Chris Jack of the North, I guess.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Just heard McLeish on the radio talking about Portugal. He said "They're very Brazilian like on the ball. And they speak the same language." :lol:

Yea, I know they speak Portuguese in Brazil but the comment is so irrelevant

It was embarrassing, they're almost laughing when they put his interviews up on Sky these days as he's just rambling utter pish. 

The stuff about wanting to sub McKenna on, fifteen minutes after he'd brought him on was bad enough, but a simple question about the match had him rambling absolute nonsense.

I can only guess nobody at the SFA interviewed him before hiring him.

Folk are seriously overestimating the SFA if they think that McLeish's job is currently under any pressure, even if we lose heavily tonight 

More a case of wishful thinking. A win just prolongs the agony though, however bad we play or how Portugal line up.

Archived