Scotland v Portugal

buddies1877

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nah, pie quality surely 

Excellent idea!!!
East Fife of course quite rightly take their place at the pinnacle of Scottish football with immediate effect!!!
Is there a petition I've to sign or something???

8 hours ago, Marten said:

Scotland might not have had a choice but to play Portugal. It's not just that we can only play teams in divisions A and B, we can also only play teams that played last night as we are obliged to play on Sunday (TV/UEFA contract reasons) and the "2 days rest" rule limits the choice even further. That meant that Sweden and Portugal were the only options. Obviously the alternative is playing a non-European nation, but as far as I know, there are plenty of continental qualifiers etc. going on around the world this week, so that might be tricky too.

Is that specific for us...?

Albania didn't play yesterday (it was Wednesday). Sweden aren't playing  on Sunday (it's Tuesday).

France aren't playing tomorrow (was yesterday). Iceland didn't play today (was yesterday). Belgium aren't playing on Monday (it's Tuesday). Italy didn't play yesterday (was Wednesday). Spain didn't play today (was yesterday). Ukraine aren't playing tomorrow (was Wednesday). Bosnia-Herzegovina didn't play today (was yesterday). Austria aren't playing on Monday (it's Tuesday). Wales aren't playing tomorrow (was yesterday).

Last month presumably similar.

17 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Lots of discussion on the available opponents and who we should of played.

Here is a mad suggestion, why didn’t we play nobody. He could have spent the rest of the international break working with the squad on the training ground so that they don’t look like 11 fucking strangers cobbled together next time out.

Not playing pointless friendlies can also inflate your position in the FIFA rankings instead of getting rinsed off Belgium’s and Portugal’s or embarrassed off no marks like Jordan.

Yes that is a mad suggestion, we have to play someone.

14 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Devlin and GMS in the squad. Thank goodness, will make my boys first Scotland game a bit more exciting if they come on emoji106.png

Lower-half donkeys like Devlin getting called up now :lol:

McLeish should be investigated as his clear pro-Aberdeen bias is hugely damaging to the national team.

16 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

10/11 for Portugal tomorrow!

I thought you'd made a mistake so looked this up, unbelievably this is a genuine price. I'm tempted with the largest single I've ever put on, only thing putting me off slightly is it's a friendly.

Archived