Pyramid 2019/2020

17 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think this is coming along now to prevent the 100+ SJFA clubs being added to the pyramid and distorting the Scottish Cup format.

That's one aspect, but realistically only a handful of ambitious Juniors will be looking to be licensed in the short to medium term Shirley?

I think it's a way of getting more fluidity in the pyramid between tier 4 & 5. It's well known that the SPFL 2 clubs don't want to drop into the LL as long as it contains  clubs without lights. Of course that could move the log-jam downwards as  teams will need lights to progress to tier 5 from tier 6.

30 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

That's one aspect, but realistically only a handful of ambitious Juniors will be looking to be licensed in the short to medium term Shirley?

I think it's a way of getting more fluidity in the pyramid between tier 4 & 5. It's well known that the SPFL 2 clubs don't want to drop into the LL as long as it contains  clubs without lights. Of course that could move the log-jam downwards as  teams will need lights to progress to tier 5 from tier 6.

Dalkeith, Blackburn, Tranent, Jeanfield and Haddington are going to have had the licensing officers round before the year ends.

These aren't the clubs that would of instantly jumped to mind as being amongst the front of the queue for a license coming from the East Region.

I'm sure there would be a lot more than a handful.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Dalkeith, Blackburn, Tranent, Jeanfield and Haddington are going to have had the licensing officers round before the year ends.

These aren't the clubs that would of instantly jumped to mind as being amongst the front of the queue for a license coming from the East Region.

Apologies, recently  I’ve got used to using the Dingwall definition of ‘handful’ :whistle

I am lead to believe that approximately 15 clubs have applied.

12 minutes ago, Cumbo said:
51 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I am lead to believe that approximately 15 clubs have applied.

Wouldn't surprise given the amount of work that's been shown around clubs social media accounts.

[mention=53859]Cumbo[/mention] According to this post on another forum Jeanfield are planning on installing floodlights, is that true? https://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=907170#907170

Its news to me. We have lights there that we use for training. It may be connected to pilot scheme that the SFA have chosen us to be part of. That is more for community club instead of the senior side.

23 minutes ago, Cumbo said:
1 hour ago, Ginaro said:
[mention=53859]Cumbo[/mention] According to this post on another forum Jeanfield are planning on installing floodlights, is that true? https://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=907170#907170

Its news to me. We have lights there that we use for training. It may be connected to pilot scheme that the SFA have chosen us to be part of

What do you use for training?

We have 8 lights that face out to the grass area behind fence behind the dugouts which is where we train. There are 4 that shine on to park just now but that is mainly if groundsman is working on park at nights

^jokes aside having more SFA members might make all the regional cups that once were a bit more appealing to clubs. A Fife Cup with all the current junior/senior teams in the Kingdom spread out over a season (obviously the bigger clubs would use a XI) could be a great wee tournament for the fans.

^jokes aside having more SFA members might make all the regional cups that once were a bit more appealing to clubs. A Fife Cup with all the current junior/senior teams in the Kingdom spread out over a season (obviously the bigger clubs would use a XI) could be a great wee tournament for the fans.
Could inject new life into them. As it stands the only county cups than run without issue are the Glasgow Cup, (now an u17s cup), Southern Counties Cup, North of Scotland Cup, Aberdeenshire Cup + Shield. The Fife & Stirlingshire cups get finished but have been fraught with scheduling isssues & oft not finishing until the next season. The Renfrewshire cup may still be around but you may know more about that than me. The Forfarshire Cup hasnt been contested in a few seasons nor has the East Of Scotland Shield (played between Hibs & Hearts youths). Every other county cup has gone (most recently the Lanarkshire Cup a few years ago).

11 hours ago, boulderdomb said:

Is there any comparisons between 200 lux and 300 lux? Sorry if I'm being naive but 100 doesn't seem like an awfully big jump for two different bands.

Think it probably revolves around what works at a minimum for televised games. Previously 200 lux was only best practice on entry level, so if that's still the case, Jeanfield Swifts might be all right with the four bulbs mentioned above and other clubs with lights suitable only for training might be able to get in.

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:33, debian said:

Funnily enough, there was a discussion on this on Sunday at Hampden post the Child Wellbeing Meeting (Licensing Requirement).

It was made abundantly clear by the SFA rep that East Juniors will not be joining at the same level as EoS.

This should be the clear and concise message coming out of the SFA. Tier 6 of the Scottish football Pyramid already exists in the east and should East Region Junior teams south of the Tay wish to be part of that pyramid then the unambiguous guidance should be that an orderly movement to the East of Scotland League is the only way for this to happen. The EoSFL and their representative on the PWG will surely, and quite rightly, broach no other solution. I would imagine that any such teams would be made more than welcome, just as the Junior influx who made the move at the beginning of this season were. Further, if the broad consensus on here is anything to go by, those brave enough and smart enough to take it upon themselves to make the move this coming close season will not fail to be impressed by the professionalism of those on the EoSFL governing body. It really is the right thing to do for all concerned.

Edited by Black & Red Socks

If anything sums up the stupidity of having two semi pro leagues covering the same area and competing with each other, this does.tapatalk_1544725082178.png.4885d4fbe11a0515437296541c856ea6.png

The juniors have a better set-up with the 3 established regions.

Unfortunately they are badly run from top to bottom.

The organisatonal skills of the EoS running the juniors would be real progression.