Pyramid 2019/2020

It’ll be an absolute stick-on that Linlithgow Rose will apply for the vacancy, they tick all the boxes and recently upgraded their floodlights. If the two play-off losers are licenced then you can bet your boots they will also apply.

Given WW need to raise funding for lights, they might not bother and accept the drop whilst they do that.  I suspect they’ll get bigger crowds in the EoS Premier, and less travelling involved for them.

25 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

It’ll be an absolute stick-on that Linlithgow Rose will apply for the vacancy, they tick all the boxes and recently upgraded their floodlights. If the two play-off losers are licenced then you can bet your boots they will also apply.

Given WW need to raise funding for lights, they might not bother and accept the drop whilst they do that.  I suspect they’ll get bigger crowds in the EoS Premier, and less travelling involved for them.

Can't really blame the wee rose for applying as this is probablythe only way that they will make the lowland league as they  certainly won't do it on merit by winning matches.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Whitehill were last reviewed in October 2018 doubt they'd get reviewed until around the same time this year. Don't see them getting revoked mid-season...

All depends on how lenient the SFA is going to be about derogations for existing members. If there is going to be no flexibility on that WW might not try too hard to stay up as Burnie_man points out above.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

It’ll be an absolute stick-on that Linlithgow Rose will apply for the vacancy, they tick all the boxes and recently upgraded their floodlights. If the two play-off losers are licenced then you can bet your boots they will also apply...

Not clear that clubs unlicensed on March 31st could apply:

http://slfl.co.uk/applications-for-membership/

...All applicants must have a Scottish FA Club License as at 31 March 2019 and have its registered ground within the Lowland League catchment area, which is below the line of latitude that runs through the mid-point of the Tay Bridge...

Did the flexibility being shown on when clubs get licensed apply to applicants as well as the promotion playoff?

Edited by LongTimeLurker

...would be surprising if Preston Athletic, Lothian Thistle and Hawick RA didn't chance their arm on this as well, which then begs the question of whether self-interest means you want a team in that you think you'll be able to beat regularly rather than Lithgae, who would probably be expected to do something similar to what Kelty did this season. It's Scottish football so the logical decision from a competitive standpoint won't necessarily be made.

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...would be surprising if Preston Athletic, Lothian Thistle and Hawick RA didn't chance their arm on this as well, which then begs the question of whether self-interest means you want a team in that you think you'll be able to beat regularly rather than Lithgae, who would probably be expected to do something similar to what Kelty did this season. It's Scottish football so the logical decision from a competitive standpoint won't necessarily be made.

Aye, anything at all could happen.

That said, the LL must surely want a strong league, good attendances etc in order to keep applying pressure on the SPFL to open up more.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Aye, anything at all could happen.

That said, the LL must surely want a strong league, good attendances etc in order to keep applying pressure on the SPFL to open up more.

Cumbernauld Colts might  well have a spanner in the works as well if what's been  posted on here is true  ? 

13 hours ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

I did hear last summer that the Colts had failed on many of their promises and that NLL weren’t willing to extend their lease beyond this summer. I’m sure I’ve also heard whispers that the setup will move out to Guys Meadow?? No sure. 

Once the Colts are out then I’ll be hiring a cherry picker and putting my IPAF certificate to good use and pull that Colts crest down from the building and rip that “home of the Colts” sign off at the scoreboard. It can then be an auction prize at their next fundraising event, maybe they’ll get a few quid for it. 

15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

South of Scotland. They are still members of the Southern Counties FA

That could be switched at a moment's notice, but the destination for relegated clubs is apparently known from the start of the season. It would be interesting to know where clubs like EK (not that it matters), BSC Glasgow and Edusport have already said they would go.

3 minutes ago, GordonS said:

That could be switched at a moment's notice, but the destination for relegated clubs is apparently known from the start of the season. It would be interesting to know where clubs like EK (not that it matters), BSC Glasgow and Edusport have already said they would go.

Edusport are still in the Souther Counties FA as well. As for East Kilbride the suggestion was that the changed to the EoS at some point https://www.eosfl.com/content.php?pg=clubdir&pd=1040

Don't think the likes of BSC Glasgow or Cumbernauld Colts have really been public.

Can't really blame the wee rose for applying as this is probablythe only way that they will make the lowland league as they  certainly won't do it on merit by winning matches.
Would only be fair reward for all the investment made on obtaining the license beyond requirements.

Not forgetting doing this years before other clubs even thought about the future.

Yes we would have preferred to do it on football alone - but clearly the SFA don't just judge on that.

2 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Would only be fair reward for all the investment made on obtaining the license beyond requirements.

Not forgetting doing this years before other clubs even thought about the future.

Yes we would have preferred to do it on football alone - but clearly the SFA don't just judge on that.

Yes but you didn't want to leave the juniors remember those last minute phone calls between rose boness and Broxburn. 

For me Whitehill should not go down unless cove go up and Berwick come down

Yes but you didn't want to leave the juniors remember those last minute phone calls between rose boness and Broxburn. 

That's maybe your version.

Linlithgow adopted a wait an see approach - yes they talked with Bo'ness. As they did with other clubs. That's what wise people do they weigh up all options.

So when presenting to over 120 members they were able to present the full picture.

A year later 17 teams still don't know what is happening with their license application. A problem we overcame 4/5 years ago.

Interesting thread on Colts teams in the SPFL which raised it's head again in a certain newspaper yesterday.  No suggestions of an angry Petrie or Maxwell battering the SPFL into accepting them against their will.

8 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Although I think it would have been fair enough to regard Selkirk as bottom team, I also think a move to 2 relegated teams from the LL is badly needed.So in that sense, I think 15th should always go down.