Pyramid 2019/2020

11 minutes ago, juniorsforme said:

They might not be happy but they have agreed to it. Once again it would be useful is someone or Burnieman can post the recent EoS board minutes in full.

There was consensus over juniors joining up. Which is a basic principle everyone can agree to. There's still meant to be a meeting on Nov 14 on the actual details on that.

Right now it doesn't seem like the Lowland League think those details can be resolved in a way they'd like.

Go back to BSC floating a WoS feeder  nearly a year ago. They & LL probably want a proper structure in place to raise standards. Not some mishmash of 4/5 organisations covering the same basic functions.

What is it with you ? Nothing to hide from my point of view. Burnie stop lying, if you have read the minutes you know I am telling the truth. I have no need to lie and I am not point scoring over you all I have said consistently is the EoS minutes tell a different story from what you are saying.
What? I think my history on here shows I dont do lies, you on the other hand dance to the tune of others and swallow any auld shite, gullible or what.

Post them up or shut up for goodness sake.

34 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

A LL2 either all in or east/west frees up spaces in the EOS which suggests to me that east junior clubs will be told to join the EOS if they want in. Best outcome and common sense imo.

Worse case scenario a LL2 ends up being what we thought the EoS Premier would be. 

That kind of forces West Region clubs to engage with this, otherwise they'd be left behind even further.

LL2 West and LL2 East hopefully comes about from this.

The east region’s imminent entry to the pyramid should be advantageous to Jeanfield Swifts, Dundonald, Hill of Beath, Oakley,Crossgates,Hillend Swifts and St Andrews should they return to the East Region reducing their travel costs and engaging in local games

2 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

The east region’s imminent entry to the pyramid should be advantageous to Jeanfield Swifts, Dundonald, Hill of Beath, Oakley,Crossgates,Hillend Swifts and St Andrews should they return to the East Region reducing their travel costs and engaging in local games

The ERJFA aren't entering the Pyramid.

2 hours ago, juniorsforme said:

Marten, the HL for Tayside clubs does not work. 

2 hours ago, juniorsforme said:

Travel and distance is not a problem to Lochee United but to the majority of clubs in Tayside it is. The HL covers a huge area from Wick to Aberdeen and I know the North and HL CLUBS ARE NOT INTERESTED IN TAYSIDE CLUBS JOINING THEM.

Just to bring some facts into this equation. A "Highland League 2" of 16 as @Burnie_man mentioned - featuring the bottom two HL teams (Lossie/FW), the six Tayside clubs in the Superleague, the best East Premier North team (Dundee NE), and the top seven North Junior clubs - would have an average return distance of  113.35 miles for Lochee. Of those, only three would be over 200 miles, with five between 130-170 - the rest in Dundee/Angus.

If Lochee were in the LL this season in place of Selkirk, they'd clock up an average of 169.4 miles during the season. Kelty going up and being replaced by Albion Rovers or even Berwick would increase that further. And unless Dalbeattie/Edusport/Gretna get relegated, you'd have three round trips of 300 miles each!

Of course a 16 team HL would be even more travel - average 239 miles return - but by the time Lochee get licensed and install floodlights, Banks O'Dee and maybe another Aberdeenshire area club might be promoted to bring that average down.

Edited by Ginaro

5 minutes ago, Baxter's Nutmeg said:

It only says the working group was voted on, nothing about approval for an actual LL2.

I guess the working group will come up with the plan and if agreed, implemented.  It has been talked about for a wee while, whether it's in time for next season who knows.

2 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Consent seems to have given by the PWG according to the Chief Executive of the SFA the EOS may not be happy but with only 39 clubs it will be difficult for them to sway the majority.

If you read back through this thread it will explain why this email is inaccurate and rather misleading.  There is no consensus and without consensus, no progress.  Now we have LL2 on the horizon which further makes it unlikely.

This is awesome.

So let me get this straight.

If there is an SFA directive for the Pyramid as posted by Larry

A: The EOS believe they can stop it ?

B: The lowland league can just decide to insert a new tier ?

And in next weeks episode of soap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Vollyman said:

Consent seems to have given by the PWG according to the Chief Executive of the SFA the EOS may not be happy but with only 39 clubs it will be difficult for them to sway the majority.

Since the SJFA has yet to enter the pyramid, the only clubs that matter. Are the HL, LL, EOS & SOS. That's 88 clubs. So far the reaction to a draft statement has been the EoS to deny it and LL to set up a working group for LL2.

That looks to me as being 34 clubs for juniors at tier 6 and 54 clubs against.

9 minutes ago, superbigal said:

This is awesome.

So let me get this straight.

If there is an SFA directive for the Pyramid as posted by Larry

A: The EOS believe they can stop it ?

B: The lowland league can just decide to insert a new tier ?

And in next weeks episode of soap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makes for great viewing :lol:

If you read back through this thread it will explain why this email is inaccurate and rather misleading.  There is no consensus and without consensus, no progress.  Now we have LL2 on the horizon which further makes it unlikely.

If their is no consensus why would the Chief Executive say that. Consensus had been reached at the last PWG meeting?

EOS has more members than the 39 clubs in the league
52 + 1 reserve in total including Heart of Midlothian and Hibernian so May have a lot more sway than you think