Pyramid 2019/2020

Maybe that's a sign that they're trying to get the Tayside teams on board by splitting the LL into East/West? As you already said, a boundary change north needs to be combined with that...

I don't think you're going to get a regional LL2 until there are enough Licenced clubs, I think this will be just a straight LL2 to protect existing LL clubs from demotion to EoS or a Junior run "WoS"  and perhaps in response to recent claims from Junior circles.

It will be interesting if they ask clubs to be Licenced for entry, or in the process of applying, maybe a 2 year grace period similar to when the LL was formed.

Speculating here, but I wonder if this could usher in a HL2, reducing the HL to 16 and then bringing in the top North and Tayside Junior sides into a HL2, with the boundary staying as it is. It would make sense.

Either way, this blows a hole in the "Juniors at tier 6" proclamation.

23 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Either way, this blows a hole in the "Juniors at tier 6" proclamation

Well technically if its to be a LL2 then it demotes everyone below LL level by one, it screams of self preservation from mediocre clubs like Whitehill ;)

It would  also allow you to relegate the bottom 4 clubs of LL2 and replace them with the winners of the EoS, WoS, SoS and EastJuniors without having to go through the rigmarole of playoffs. No doubt people will complain.

Edited by Jason King
clarity of thought

10 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Well technically if its to be a LL2 then it demotes everyone below LL level by one, it screams of self preservation from mediocre clubs like Whitehill ;)

It would  also allow you to relegate the bottom 4 clubs of LL2 and replace them with the winners of the EoS, WoS, SoS and EastJuniors without having to go through the rigmarole of playoffs. No doubt people will complain.

If that's a concession that can lead to a proper promotion/relegation structure rather than just 1 spot now which will be unsustainable in the long term I'm all for it. Although I'd prefer just 2 feeders directly under the LL, with SoS merging with WoS & only 1 route in the east. Then both champions can be promoted with play-offs for the runners-up.

8 minutes ago, Jason King said:

I think this kills off any speculation about boundary moves and Tayside clubs feeding into the LL.  Talbot or Girvan going to Dundee or Forfar for a league game in LL2?  Not sure anyone would be happy with that.   That in turn kills off a viable ERJFA sitting alongside EoS.

What is does effectively bring about is the much vaunted "West/East Junior Superleague" because any LL2 would probable be dominated by the better clubs currently in the WRJFA and EoS. This is of course assuming that LL2 isn't split regionally, but I can't see it personally, not at the moment.

The PWG meeting on the 14th will be interesting....

12 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Ye raging aye :lol:

I can feel yer pain from here :thumsup2

Maybes no though if it becomes LL EAST and WEST :ass

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

:lol: just buys us a bit more time to be honest Burnie man this season is a total car crash 

If there is a structure like 3 up/down between LL1 and LL2 & LL2 gets formed of the best clubs below the LL it will be good. For an immediate return, you'll only need to finish 3rd in a division with the likes of Auchinleck Talbot, Beith, Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Camelon, Hurlford, Pollok etc. Should be easily achievable. ;)

1 minute ago, Burnie_man said:

I think this kills off any speculation about boundary moves and Tayside clubs feeding into the LL.  Talbot or Girvan going to Dundee or Forfar for a league game in LL2?  Not sure anyone would be happy with that.   That in turn kills off a viable ERJFA sitting alongside EoS.

What is does effectively bring about is the much vaunted "West/East Junior Superleague" because any LL2 would probable be dominated by the better clubs currently in the WRJFA and EoS. This is of course assuming that LL2 isn't split regionally, but I can't see it personally, not at the moment.

The PWG meeting on the 14th will be interesting....

Not sure how it'll effect the boundary but it does make any transition easier in the East by likely taking 10 or more EoS clubs.

That's if they work the application process like the Lowland, clubs licensed or closest to licencing will be prioritized.

45 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Either way, this blows a hole in the "Juniors at tier 6" proclamation.

Maybe they're saving a few spots in LL2 for West Juniors?

Then the Juniors can say, with heads held high, that they did get in at tier 6 (even if it is just Auchinleck, Beith and Clydebank)

3 minutes ago, juniorsforme said:

I propose we disband all associations including the SFA and SPFL and allow Burnieman free reign to sort out Scottish football. He thinks he has all the answers so maybe Mr McGinty deserves an opportunity.

With the people currently in charge, I think with @Burnie_man as the ruler of Scottish football things can only get better.

52 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Speculating here, but I wonder if this could usher in a HL2, reducing the HL to 16 and then bringing in the top North and Tayside Junior sides into a HL2, with the boundary staying as it is. It would make sense.

I think that would make sense indeed. Form a HL2 with the bottom 2 HL teams and add the strongest North/Tayside juniors (and maybe a NCL team). If Tayside remains under the HL than a 16 team Tayside league will be undesirable due to the difference of standards imo. Imagine Lochee United v  Coupar Angus, that's going to result in scorelines that would even shock Fort William .

31 minutes ago, Marten said:

If there is a structure like 3 up/down between LL1 and LL2 & LL2 gets formed of the best clubs below the LL it will be good. For an immediate return, you'll only need to finish 3rd in a division with the likes of Auchinleck Talbot, Beith, Bonnyrigg, Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Camelon, Hurlford, Pollok etc. Should be easily achievable. ;)

You speculating again jeezo we've been to Holland and England wi yer pyramid and yer still nane the wiser :thumsup2

Only a matter of time for ww but this should've all happened 40 odd years ago. 

Only in scotland would there be separate associations.