What's The Worst Pain You Have Ever Experienced?

Dee Man

12 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Ligament damage is horrendously sore. Whilst playing for Bully Wee United I went in for a 50/50 with the keeper (think the team was Livi Supporters). He got there a split second before me and my foot got caught under his body and my momentum carried my full body weight forward and hyperextended my knee. Fucking agony is the only way to describe it. Genuinely couldn't bend my leg for about 2 months.

Yeah it’s ligaments for me. Tore clean through them in my ankle and was out of action for nearly 6 months. Would rather have broken my leg. That was about 8 years ago and I’m still not fully recovered tbh.

13 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

What did your treatment and recovery entail? I hurt my back on Monday bending down to put a trainer on and my back went. I think it might be a slipped/ herniated disc.

Sounds like ligament damage.

Slipped disc you would know all about it. 

Couldn't get off the ground as spasms took over

Doctor came and gave us morphine couldn't move for a week

To answer your question ice your painful area. Don't put heat on it

43 minutes ago, Uncle Scan said:

Sounds like ligament damage.

Slipped disc you would know all about it. 

Couldn't get off the ground as spasms took over

Doctor came and gave us morphine couldn't move for a week

To answer your question ice your painful area. Don't put heat on it

I’ve been on diazepam, naproxen and co-codamol since Monday and the pain is almost completely gone. Id describe it as mildly uncomfortable now. Although on Monday I couldn’t sit or stand and had to lie down basically until Tuesday morning but even then walking down the stairs to lie on the couch was a mission in itself.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah it’s ligaments for me. Tore clean through them in my ankle and was out of action for nearly 6 months. Would rather have broken my leg. That was about 8 years ago and I’m still not fully recovered tbh.

I didn’t play football for a good 6 or 7 months after that injury. Luckily, I’ve had no recurring issues with it since. I was only about 22 or 23 when it happened so having age on my side might be a contributing factor to that.

3 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I’ve been on diazepam, naproxen and co-codamol since Monday and the pain is almost completely gone. Id describe it as mildly uncomfortable now. Although on Monday I couldn’t sit or stand and had to lie down basically until Tuesday morning but even then walking down the stairs to lie on the couch was a mission in itself.

I lay on my living room floor for a week 

Had to get help to go to the toilet as too painful to stand even with the drugs you have mentioned. The twinges are still there even it happened 12 year ago and still have to ice up 

11 minutes ago, Uncle Scan said:

I lay on my living room floor for a week 

Had to get help to go to the toilet as too painful to stand even with the drugs you have mentioned. The twinges are still there even it happened 12 year ago and still have to ice up 

Sorry to hear that. Mines seems to get like this once or twice a year out of the blue. I’ve chucked playing football as well as that would aggravate it but only mildly in comparison to putting on a trainer… old age doesn’t come itself!

3 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Next week's pain is the resulting shiteing-out-a-cricket-ball that comes with co-codamol

19 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

What did your treatment and recovery entail? I hurt my back on Monday bending down to put a trainer on and my back went. I think it might be a slipped/ herniated disc.

Involved a lot of strong pain killers and nerve suppressants, and several months of hydrotherapy and physio.  So glad I avoided surgery, but it was incremental progress.  The chiropractor did very little for me, but the hydrotherapy was just the ticket.   Three times a week for six months. 

21 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Involved a lot of strong pain killers and nerve suppressants, and several months of hydrotherapy and physio.  So glad I avoided surgery, but it was incremental progress.  The chiropractor did very little for me, but the hydrotherapy was just the ticket.   Three times a week for six months. 

I Will look into the physio and hydrotherapy then. I’ve tried a chiropractor in the past and most recently kinetic chain release therapy. KCR gives you almost instant relief but it’s clearly not a long term fix as I’ve been three times in a year. If only a spinal transplant was a thing…

I broke two ribs and bruised a lung in a full on collision playing football and was lying winded after the collision

I’ll forever remember frantically trying to breathe in and every breath being absolute agony. Some of the other players thought I was having a fit

And for the next 4 weeks desperately trying not to sneeze when I felt one coming on because I knew what was coming

I broke two ribs and bruised a lung in a full on collision playing football and was lying winded after the collision

I’ll forever remember frantically trying to breathe in and every breath being absolute agony. Some of the other players thought I was having a fit

And for the next 4 weeks desperately trying not to sneeze when I felt one coming on because I knew what was coming

Ah yeh. Bust ribs after an opponent thickened out of a a tackle and jumped in the air. His knee whacked into my ribs and sent me flying.
We finished the game but I kept having to take shallower and shallower breaths to stop the pain.
Had a nightmare that night whereby I dreamt I got shot in the ribs.
Utter agony for a week, couldn't play football for about six weeks.

As an aside, if you want to stop a sneeze, tickle the roof of your mouth with your tongue.