Bohemians v East Fife - Diddy Cup 1/4 Final

King Kebab

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

SFs in 2 weeks.

As I said in November - delaying 3 months, what could possibly go wrong, eh?

Interesting to see what SPFL do now...

International and European football, which supposedly the cup is trying to emulate, would try again tomorrow. However no guarantee conditions would improve (does Dublin have any 3Gs available + big enough?). Presumably it'd also wreck travel and/or accommodation plans for East Fife and their fans, and perhaps stop players making it to work on Monday.

They could try again next weekend, if SFA would agree to delay Scottish Cup - and by chance East Fife are home so it would not cost anyone else money bar Partick's gateshare - but it's the Irish Supercup on the Saturday, so if the Eire authorities don't want 2 big matches on the same day you might be talking Friday or Sunday.

Midweek would be difficult for East Fife's part-time players.

Any delay would be difficult as Ross County v Bohemians/East Fife is Friday 15th February on live TV.

You could argue it was only delayed from November to suit Bohemians, and they've failed to ensure a playable pitch, and as an invited team should come to Methil midweek or forfeit.

Feel sorry for the East Fife fans that have been mucked about for months over this, even worse with the travel & costs involved. Don't suppose anyone met in with Mr Doncaster at the Guinness brewery as there was word he was going to organize a piss up there to celebrate the success of his great vision.

Game off

Never been to a game before when it is called off at 2.58/2.59!Feels like they waited to get cash from all the fans before it was called off - this game was off long before the fans arrived. A total shambles- feel sorry for the hundreds of fans that travelled and the club and players.

I cant believe in view of the weather that alternative all weather pitches were not identified. Not fair for fans to travel again- need to get their gate money back also.... shambles

I’ve flown out today and flying back tonight. Been a chance for me to meet and old mate, enjoy the city a bit and just have a nice change of a match day experience. Feeling totally deflated now. Decided just to head back to the airport rather than head into town for an hour before having to leave. Any idea how we go about getting a refund on the ticket? Would maybe be an idea of the the club to offer anyone who travelled a wee discount next weekend as a thank you (I know none of this is the club’s fault, but a bit of recognition to the fans goes a long way).

18 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

What they should do is get the non Scottish clubs to f**k out of the competition. Give extra places to both lowland and Highland league clubs and make from league 1 and 2 from spfl. Simple. Gives the lowland and Highlands clubs something more to play for.

Ironically, the addition of 2 clubs from the English 5th tier this season meant that even among the 4 HL & 4 LL sides who thought they'd qualified... 2 of each had to play-off just to get in. 

29 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

I cant believe in view of the weather that alternative all weather pitches were not identified. Not fair for fans to travel again- need to get their gate money back also.... shambles

In rugby union's European competitions you need pitch protection or a reserve ground with pitch protection. Do any of the Dublin stadiums have 3G or undersoil heating, though? (Apart from the national stadium which is in use for rugby today anyway).

On 17 October 2018 at 16:45, King Kebab said:

Neil Doncaster - The Unacceptable Face of Scottish Football!!!

IMG_4399.jpg.f10bc5230520b2f5498a81083389be4d.jpg

Bump!!!

Every game Bohemians have had to play in this comp seems to have been a work up for them,  they should already have been thrown out before getting to todays fiasco. They possibly have not made much off gate money from the previous games but they should now be thrown out, any money taken for today returned to supporters & the club fined at least as much as they got in expenses for previous rounds. Having championed their participation in the competition Doncaster should hold his hands up & resign. 

Archived