Hearts vs Hibs

I think the big issue these days isn't just folk having a bevvy. It's wee plastic hard men thinking they are invincible after taking a few lines of cheap ching.  Seems to be so prevalent among the younger fans from all teams just now.

Every so often amidst the bullshit and “banter” of P&B I read a post that significantly improves my understanding of matters

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Other than understanding what an effigy is.

No, no. You're wrong and Neil's right. There is an actual effigy outside Tynecastle.  Ann Budge commissioned one from some students at Edinburgh College of Art straight after the match on Wednesday night and this morning it was stuck on a plinth in the plaza outside the main stand. I think the official ceremony is lined up for Sunday 11th, with Prince Charles unveiling it.

33 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

If the reason Lennon gets it tight is because he is  Irish,  Catholic and because of his association with Celtic then why didn't Martin O'Neill suffer the same abuse?

Could it be because he's a c**t?

Probably a ginger thing.

It's time these young lads knew what some proper upper class ching felt like. The bigotry would melt away like butter and they'd all be united in song.
That's Disco Biscuits you're thinking of.
Naw hes bang on. I once tried some frankly incredible gear in Mexico. Closer to the source maybe but had felt f**k all like it before or since, and I loved everyone that night. It was truly fantastic. Even as some of my more questionable behaviour when younger begins to make me cringe, I still look back on my evening of Mexican marching powder with heartfelt fondness.

Anti Catholic racism... wow.
Obviously there are plenty wee brain-dead religious bigots out there, but in my experience most people I encounter don't like Lennon much in the same way as opposition fans don't like Steven Naismith.  He's an annoying little shite.

Hearts fan elsewhere on this thread nailed it... of course some of it is just because of that but some of it is due to his religion/background too

On 10/31/2018 at 14:41, Green Day said:

Your bang on the money here, of course.

One was a property shark that tried to buy and close our football club.

The other gets abuse because he is a Catholic.

what.png.28b771af19b3e02800bc08104bf7fd95.png

With the help of certain members of the board of Hibernian FC, or what ever they were called back in 1990.  

The other gets abuse because he's a cretin, couldn't give a shit if he's a Catholic or Protestant, the man has issues that he cannot control when it comes to behaving in the midst of a hot bed Derby game, Martin O'Neil, John Hughes, John Collins have all been subject to fan abuse from the enclosure but acted like professionals and in some cases allowed their team to do the talking on the park.

On 10/31/2018 at 20:05, Hank Scorpio said:

This “hoof” pish that both sets of fans shout at each other is fucking awful patter.

Correct, initially  adopted by the Lochend Brazil for a few seasons then HOOOOOOOOOOOOF ! they started it themselves much to the annoyance of the admirers of the fast, free, flowing entertaining football that oozes out of Easter Rd season after season.

1 hour ago, Briannmataxi said:

It's pretty clear that the bigotry, racism and general hatred only seems to manifest from 2 particular clubs. How many people does it take before a minority turns into something more than That? It's clearly not a minority at ibrox as we all know and was it a minority the other night when 3 full hearts fans started belting out the billy boys? Some people need to take their heads out their arses as the problem is staring them right in the face.

You need to take your own head out your arse if you think this problem is solely down to two clubs. Celtic and Hibs fans are equally guilty of bigotry and sectarianism and just about every club have fans who have been and still are guilty of racist or homophobic behaviour and 'general hatred' as you put it.

3 minutes ago, getaffthegrass said:

You need to take your own head out your arse if you think this problem is solely down to two clubs. Celtic and Hibs fans are equally guilty of bigotry and sectarianism and just about every club have fans who have been and still are guilty of racist or homophobic behaviour and 'general hatred' as you put it.

Show me the evidence of the sectarianism and bigotry of hibs fans.

On 10/31/2018 at 20:22, Hank Scorpio said:

Just when you thought they couldn’t get any worse, there’s a Hearts fan in the corner closest to the Hibs support with a Union Jack and what looks suspiciously like an orange Rangers scarf with a poppy on it.

Seriously ?  

2015-10-04-14-07-41--435672687.jpeg

On 10/31/2018 at 20:38, Crùbag said:

Probably is. Some of our unwashed and braindead element invite Sevconian pals through.

For some of these wee scrotes it's just a wind-up.

Whatever, I'd gladly get rid off them.

and then again most probably isn't, the Union Flag is not copyright to the Glasgow Rangers.

On 10/31/2018 at 20:40, Lebowski said:
On 10/31/2018 at 19:51, Hammer Jag said:
Union Jacks and Irish tri-colours on show already.
201D4298-2434-4A9C-9114-2FA3CBFCB8CF.jpeg.a1389c075ef1bc156ad96eda7c43f8cb.jpeg

And why would a club founded by Irish people not fly an Irish flag? Or is it just because in scotland we're a shower of unrepentant ****** b*****ds?

Hibs were formed in Edinburgh's Coogate back in 1875, correct me if i'm wrong but surely that should be a Scottish Saltire or  if they do want to clutch onto the Irish heritage then maybe the Union Flag ?  just saying likesy. 

Archived