Calling Cards of Morons

1 hour ago, RockMusic said:

Chriiiissst! I get shit from the dumbarton forum for mentioning music, and one post on here for insinuating that posters who refer to Rangers as Sevco are childish and it's ME who gets accused of a lack of intelligence!!! Go on, tell me I'm a unionist and brexit supporter next. By the way, The Dandy Warhols were excellent the other week. And the Brian Jonestown Massacre are sensational. Make me feel at home by slating me for these comments, like what I get on Sons Sorrow. By the way, my English team is Man City and my friend's (Raith Rovers fan) is Kidderminster Harriers. 

You're a unionist and a brexit supporter.

There. 

Just now, RockMusic said:

What? No mention of Dandy Warhols or Brian Jonestown Massacre??

Bohemian Like You is a tremendous song and I am unfamiliar with the other band's material so unfortunately I can't slate you for that. 

Sorry. 

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Bohemian Like You is a tremendous song and I am unfamiliar with the other band's material so unfortunately I can't slate you for that. 

Sorry. 

It is a very good pop song, and they have a number of good catchy pop songs, the best of which is probably, " Not if you were the last junkie on earth". However, they tend to play more laid back stuff live and are utterly hypnotic, especially songs like "Godless". That takes them into Brian Jonestown Massacre territory who are a gorgeous combination of psychedelic pop/ velvet underground/ 60s British pop. I've still to hear a bad song from them. Check them out on YouTube. There's a file under Brian Jonestown Massacre 93 files. Watch/listen and be mesmerised. 

8 minutes ago, RockMusic said:

It is a very good pop song, and they have a number of good catchy pop songs, the best of which is probably, " Not if you were the last junkie on earth". However, they tend to play more laid back stuff live and are utterly hypnotic, especially songs like "Godless". That takes them into Brian Jonestown Massacre territory who are a gorgeous combination of psychedelic pop/ velvet underground/ 60s British pop. I've still to hear a bad song from them. Check them out on YouTube. There's a file under Brian Jonestown Massacre 93 files. Watch/listen and be mesmerised. 

I'm always on the look out for new music to listen to so I'll give both of them a listen on Spotify later. 

Thank you. 

Eta: I'm very much looking forward to hearing song number 5...

20190211_071040.jpg

Edited by Dee Man

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm always on the look out for new music to listen to so I'll give both of them a listen on Spotify later. 

Thank you. 

Hope you like them. Any music suggestions from you I'll happily look into. Good BJM songs to start with are "Wisdom", "Golden Flock" and "Fingertips". Enjoy!

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Thank you. 

Eta: I'm very much looking forward to hearing song number 5...

20190211_071040.jpg

Pish is very good!! Anemone is gloriously laid back. 

3 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

Didn't BJM  do the theme tune for Boardwalk Empire?

I watched film about both bands a few years ago. Dig I believe it was called. An interesting film but most of the members of BJM came across as utter c***s.

You know, for such a fan of both bands I've never seen Dig. I know that Anton Newcombe has had his issues over the years but it's never stopped him producing excellent music. I've always loved the way BJM have looked over the years, very Laurel canion and very west coast.

41 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

And you claimed you getting levelled was unprovoked...?

Well if that is the sort of violence that their fans indulge in then I'd rather distance myself from their music thank you very much. 

Anton Newcombe is an utter weapon. Saw them in Amsterdam 7 years ago. He had a big hissy fit, spat on his keyboard player and stormed off stage in the huff.
Sure it was him that stormed off? Saw them every time they've played Amsterdam in the last 10 years, they played Bitterzoet and Matt Hollywood played a duff note, Anton ripped into him and Matt stormed off only to appear through a door at my back cursing under his breath "I'm done with that asshole"... Next time i saw them Matt was there.
Great band but Anton is an utter fanny

Sure it was him that stormed off? Saw them every time they've played Amsterdam in the last 10 years, they played Bitterzoet and Matt Hollywood played a duff note, Anton ripped into him and Matt stormed off only to appear through a door at my back cursing under his breath "I'm done with that asshole"... Next time i saw them Matt was there.
Great band but Anton is an utter fanny
It was definitely at Bitterzoet. Maybe my recollection is foggy.