Calling Cards of Morons

Having a political stance and/or party name in your Twitter name or bio.

Yes. Pretty much anyone who makes one thing the defining feature of their life. Politics, religion, support for a sports team, hatred for another sports team, misogyny, stamp collecting, whatever. If their entire existence revolves around that one thing...they’re invariably morons.

Live in a city, yet insist on driving into it to go shopping etc.  I was talking to someone a while ago who lived in Edinburgh.  We got onto talking about the trams and she told me she'd never been on them.  She then said "I have a car so what's the point in taking public transport?"

Well, carbon emissions, finding somewhere to park, paying for parking (not cheap) etc...

Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Live in a city, yet insist on driving into it to go shopping etc.  I was talking to someone a while ago who lived in Edinburgh.  We got onto talking about the trams and she told me she'd never been on them.  She then said "I have a car so what's the point in taking public transport?"

Well, carbon emissions, finding somewhere to park, paying for parking (not cheap) etc...

Does she live on/near the tram line?  Are there supermarkets on/near the tramline?

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Edinburgh's the most congested city in the UK for exactly this reason, bizarrely when it also has one of the best public transport networks.

It’s also a very small city so you can quite easily walk anywhere (if you’re fit enough of course).

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Does she live on/near the tram line?  Are there supermarkets on/near the tramline?

I assumed he meant shopping as in going into the centre for clothes etc. If he’s talking about weekly food shopping then I agree with taking the car.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I assumed he meant shopping as in going into the centre for clothes etc. If he’s talking about weekly food shopping then I agree with taking the car.

Indeed I was.  We got talking on the trams and she told me she always takes the car when she's goes into Edinburgh city centre.  I couldn't grasp the logic of that.

When a player leave a small club to join a bigger club in the same league for more money then the fans of the smaller club gurn at the lack of ambition from the player.  When said bigger club are likely to get promoted and then the player will be playing in a shop window for clubs in England.

It's obvious who I'm talking about in this case, but it happens in Scotland every summer.  Just accept there are bigger clubs with more money than yours.

When a player leave a small club to join a bigger club in the same league for more money then the fans of the smaller club gurn at the lack of ambition from the player.  When said bigger club are likely to get promoted and then the player will be playing in a shop window for clubs in England.
It's obvious who I'm talking about in this case, but it happens in Scotland every summer.  Just accept there are bigger clubs with more money than yours.

Dumb question but do you mean shankland?

I was surprised at his decision to be fair.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Dumb question but do you mean shankland?

I was surprised at his decision to be fair.

Yeah.

See also ICT fans when you lot (used to 😋) do your yearly raid of ICT.  See also Motherwell fans re Turnbull.  Loads of others over the years.

Yeah.
See also ICT fans when you lot (used to [emoji39]) do your yearly raid of ICT.  See also Motherwell fans re Turnbull.  Loads of others over the years.

I do agree with the sentiment but shankland could really have gone directly to the premiership and gotten himself in the shop window this coming season.

However, I always find it funny when punters throw out the lack of ambition comment about footballers when they have probably done very little of substance in their own life.

Finally, could ICT start producing players worth stealing again, now we’ve lost Graeme shinnie you owe us.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I do agree with the sentiment but shankland could really have gone directly to the premiership and gotten himself in the shop window this coming season.

However, I always find it funny when punters throw out the lack of ambition comment about footballers when they have probably done very little of substance in their own life.

Finally, could ICT start producing players worth stealing again, now we’ve lost Graeme shinnie you owe us.

Our board seem to have a raging 9 inch throbber for selling our players to County these days.

It sucks to lose your best player but it sucks twice as much when he signs for an opponent and now you have to go up against him.

The lack of ambition comment isn't fair as nobody knows what the bigger premiership clubs were offering wages wise.

Just because a team is Premier League doesn't mean they're offering more in wages than a club the size of Utd.

As a final comment the Premier League clubs who did look at Shankland may have told him he would be 4th choice where Utd may be telling him he's leading the line.

24 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

It sucks to lose your best player but it sucks twice as much when he signs for an opponent and now you have to go up against him.

The lack of ambition comment isn't fair as nobody knows what the bigger premiership clubs were offering wages wise.

Just because a team is Premier League doesn't mean they're offering more in wages than a club the size of Utd.

As a final comment the Premier League clubs who did look at Shankland may have told him he would be 4th choice where Utd may be telling him he's leading the line.

Would imagine United offered more than most of the bottom six would/could in an attempt to convince him. Plus probably a hefty promotion bonus, assume more than any survival bonus from St Mirren etc.

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Indeed, United must've been the club who ticked the most boxes for him given his current circumstances.  The lack of ambition stuff you see gets on my dick.