League Cup Final. Celtic v Aberdeen

Romeo

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/10/2018 at 00:37, PauloPerth said:

Sorry Aberdeen but you're going to get pumped. As much as we'd all love to see anyone but Celtic win a trophy, let's not go through this whole getting our hopes up then feeling pissed off when Celtic's third goes in.

Celtic will absolutely stroll this, and in all likelihood the other two trophies as well. The rest of us are just there to make up the numbers.  

Its one game ffs, the last time we played them they beat us. Im quietly confident we willl beat them but I dont see any final as a forgone conclusion, as Celtic standards go my experience of games at Hampden was pretty bad untill Rodgers but the place will always make me a tad nervous on the day. 

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Its one game ffs, the last time we played them they beat us. Im quietly confident we willl beat them but I dont see any final as a forgone conclusion, as Celtic standards go my experience of games at Hampden was pretty bad untill Rodgers but the place will always make me a tad nervous on the day. 

He's just raging because St Johnstone are back to being shite again. 

The club have negotiated 20,000 tickets for this match, with Dons supporters situated in the South Stand and West Stand at Hampden. Based on past attendance figures for Aberdeen versus Celtic in a Final at Hampden of 18,000 (2016 League Cup Final) and 20,000 (2017 Scottish Cup Final), the AFC Board took the decision to underwrite and thereby guarantee 16,400 (over 80%) seats, ensuring our most loyal supporters get access to the best seats available.

Duncan Fraser, Aberdeen FC Chief Executive, said: “Our supporters have been our number one priority through our discussions. The fans that backed the team at the Semi Final were fantastic and to ensure our supporters most deserving get access to the seats they desire the Board had no hesitation in securing a significant allocation of tickets. The decision to allow those that attended the Semi Final to come in at the first phase followed feedback from our supporters”.

“We can now look forward in anticipation to an exciting League Cup Final, one which we hope will spark the imagination of not just our supporters, but the City as a whole.”

The full sales process, with sales phases and on sale dates, can be found below.

TICKETING PROCESS

PHASE 1 – Lead buyer = 80+ Loyalty Points or attended the League Cup Semi Final
Available ONLINE ONLY from Tuesday 6th November at 5:30pm
Available in ticket office and phone from 9.30am on Wednesday 7th November.
* Please note, if lead buyer has 80+ points, they can buy as many as they want but all tickets must be assigned to an account.

PHASE 2 – Lead buyer = 40+ Loyalty Points
Available ONLINE ONLY from Thursday 8th November at 5:30pm
Available in ticket office and phone from 9.30am on Friday 9th November.
*Please note, if lead buyer has 40+ points, they can buy as many as they want but all tickets must be assigned to an account.

PHASE 3 – General Sale
Available ONLINE ONLY from Sunday 11th November at 5:30pm
Available in ticket office and phone from 9.30am on Monday 12th November.
You must have an existing account with the ticket office to purchase at this stage

4 loyalty points will be allocated for each ticket purchased.

Tickets can be purchased online 24/7 via afc.co.uk/eTickets. The Ticket Office number is 01224 63 1903.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Did you not beat them last month?  That game at the end of last season was a nothing game for Celtic, and you could even argue they wouldn't have been too disappointed at letting the Dons finish above rangers.

I'm afraid i find it all a bit depressingly monotonous just now. If it was Aberdeen v Hearts or Hibs v Dundee or something I'd be really looking forward to it.

Celtic will win comfortably as much as I'd love to be wrong.

I’m confused here, or being stupid, not sure which. I was at Hampden on Sunday and Rangers fans had half of the South Stand, the West Stand and all of the North Stand, and had about 36,000 fans there. Aberdeen had the East Stand and half of the South Stand and had 10,000 there. For the final, Celtic have half of the South Stand, the East Stand and all of the North Stand and only have 25,000, and Aberdeen have half of the South Stand and the whole of the West Stand and have 20,000. My arithmetic is pretty good and I have absolutely no idea how this works! Can anyone enlighten me?

Archived