League Cup Final. Celtic v Aberdeen

Romeo

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sheep62 said:

And there in seven words we have an example of the core problem in Scottish football.

You aren't wrong there, sadly it is what it is. I would be randomly drawing it every time Hampden is in use but can you see this happening?

17 hours ago, IainMorton said:

West Stand is the Mount Florida end, East Stand is the Kings Park end.

I am aware of this but it didn't answer my question.

You aren't wrong there, sadly it is what it is. I would be randomly drawing it every time Hampden is in use but can you see this happening?

Surely the West Stand should go to whichever team has fans that are more likely to be coming up the M77 (and Ireland)/from Central Glasgow/from the West and the East Stand should go to whichever team has fans that are most likely to be coming along the M74/M80/from the East? Rangers* v Celtic would still see the same ends as usual but if Rangers* played Kilmarnock or Ayr or if Celtic played Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, one of the Fife/Tayside clubs etc then they'd switch. Seems logical and fair so of course it'll never, ever happen.

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Surely the West Stand should go to whichever team has fans that are more likely to be coming up the M77 (and Ireland)/from Central Glasgow/from the West and the East Stand should go to whichever team has fans that are most likely to be coming along the M74/M80/from the East? Rangers* v Celtic would still see the same ends as usual but if Rangers* played Kilmarnock or Ayr or if Celtic played Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, one of the Fife/Tayside clubs etc then they'd switch. Seems logical and fair so of course it'll never, ever happen.

And your last sentence is yet another example of the problem in Scottish domestic football unfortunately

10 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I went to Sevilla v Real Valladolid yesterday. Can we build an exact replica of the Estadio Sanchez Pizjuán in place of Hampden please? 40 seats, two tiered bowl, tight into the pitch, not a bad seat in the place.

Might want to add a roof though...

40 seats? Not sure that would generate much of an atmosphere TBH.

Archived