League Cup Final. Celtic v Aberdeen

Romeo

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m confused here, or being stupid, not sure which. I was at Hampden on Sunday and Rangers fans had half of the South Stand, the West Stand and all of the North Stand, and had about 36,000 fans there. Aberdeen had the East Stand and half of the South Stand and had 10,000 there. For the final, Celtic have half of the South Stand, the East Stand and all of the North Stand and only have 25,000, and Aberdeen have half of the South Stand and the whole of the West Stand and have 20,000. My arithmetic is pretty good and I have absolutely no idea how this works! Can anyone enlighten me?

North by North East or North by North West? North South East West the local names are probably best.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Glenconner said:

North by North East or North by North West? North South East West the local names are probably best.

You’re quite entitled to take the p*ss, but it was a serious question. I’ve no idea how Rangers had exactly the same stands as Celtic are getting for the final, but for some reason it’s 11,000 less. Just can’t figure it.

I’m confused here, or being stupid, not sure which. I was at Hampden on Sunday and Rangers fans had half of the South Stand, the West Stand and all of the North Stand, and had about 36,000 fans there. Aberdeen had the East Stand and half of the South Stand and had 10,000 there. For the final, Celtic have half of the South Stand, the East Stand and all of the North Stand and only have 25,000, and Aberdeen have half of the South Stand and the whole of the West Stand and have 20,000. My arithmetic is pretty good and I have absolutely no idea how this works! Can anyone enlighten me?
Only thing I can think of is that there will be more corporates at the final than the semi

Did you not beat them last month?  That game at the end of last season was a nothing game for Celtic, and you could even argue they wouldn't have been too disappointed at letting the Dons finish above rangers.
I'm afraid i find it all a bit depressingly monotonous just now. If it was Aberdeen v Hearts or Hibs v Dundee or something I'd be really looking forward to it.
Celtic will win comfortably as much as I'd love to be wrong.

The match at Parkhead where it was a”nothing game”

Joe Lewis was the best player on the park.

Also, as you are all still obsessed by fucking crowd figures.

All those semi finals in the last 20 years with crowds between 15-20K involving Celtic, Hibs, Hearts etc. What was your allocation for the Final ?

[emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]

🇦[emoji1248]🇹[emoji294]️[emoji294]️🇦[emoji1248]🇹

You’re quite entitled to take the p*ss, but it was a serious question. I’ve no idea how Rangers had exactly the same stands as Celtic are getting for the final, but for some reason it’s 11,000 less. Just can’t figure it.
Sevco had a decent sized chunk of the East stand plus some sections of the South Upper directly above where I was in the South Lower. Plus basically all the empty seats were in the Dons sections.

8 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I think Celtic fans are probably fatter because of all the potatoes they eat so it’s more difficult to squeeze them in. The Rangers* fans heroin addiction helps in that regard.

Have you got that the wrong way round? I've barely encountered a *** that isn't obese and/or bald. 

Anyway, predictions:

About 100 pages of crowdwank/ticket debate. Celtic to stroll it 3-0. 

8 hours ago, G-MAN said:

The match at Parkhead where it was a”nothing game”

Joe Lewis was the best player on the park.

Also, as you are all still obsessed by fucking crowd figures.

All those semi finals in the last 20 years with crowds between 15-20K involving Celtic, Hibs, Hearts etc. What was your allocation for the Final ?

An Aberdeen fan having a go at someone for "obsessing over crowd figures"

Incredible stuff.

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Aberdeen only had half the East stand for the SF and will have all the west stand for the final.

So I’m in a difficult situation.

I am below 80pts but have a guaranteed ticket as I was at SF.

My son wasn’t so I was holding out for Phase 2 so I could get his ticket next to mine and another couple of people.

Now I’m hearing South Stand sold out already and people in an online queue of over 2K.

Some folk in first phase have been buying unlimited tickets for their pals with 0pts FFS.

One extreme to another.

So I’m in a difficult situation.

I am below 80pts but have a guaranteed ticket as I was at SF.

My son wasn’t so I was holding out for Phase 2 so I could get his ticket next to mine and another couple of people.

Now I’m hearing South Stand sold out already and people in an online queue of over 2K.

Some folk in first phase have been buying unlimited tickets for their pals with 0pts FFS.

One extreme to another.

Damn just noticed I qualified to order as many as I wanted (thought that was 80pts only). Wanted the south Stand so wee one could see better.

Looks like the missing 10000 are out in force tonight then.

Archived