Falkirk FC v Ayr United FC

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

We went to a back 4 which seemed to confuse them for a bit but ultimately we were throwing the kitchen sink. I thought the defence did well today. Despite what some absolutely obsessed dullard from Greenock keeps spouting, thankfully shots on target are not the be all and end all for whether you were in a game or not. We looked more dangerous again today than in most if not all games this season but the final ball or finish lacks.

Rudden had to adjust for his header IMO because he didnt anticipate it getting past the defender.

Agree on the goalscoring midfielder. I had hoped it would be Irving but his shooting has been poor. Someone to work the keeper from 18-25 yards out would be a massive benefit.

You’re delusional M8. By concentrating on defensive formations and trying to restrict the opposition Rat is making the same mistake as Brechin did last year. Much better to be more expansive and take the play to the opposition and at least attempt to get three points even at the expense of the odd tanking. Narrow defeats to top teams and the occasional draw served Brechin no benefits last year and it won’t do you any good this year either as the negative approach will be ingrained when you do play the dross. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:
Is Bairnardo not the one who was talking about Falkirk “proving the doubters wrong” after their one win of the season over Alloa?

I was m8. What about it?

Just thought it was excellent banter tbh.

Just thought it was excellent banter tbh.
There was a bit of context there tbh. Such as the abuse levelled at Petravicius for example from our support who has transpired to be one of the few decent players in our side and easily our most dangerous.

Of course, I was a bit previous in my proclamation since we have took a few pumpings since then, but more than happy to stand by being a bit excitable when I see my team win.

45 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Ayr are a better side than us. The league table doesn't lie and we all know that.

What we are saying is we have now played you and County in the past week and in these two games there hasn't been much between the sides.

McKinnon at least seems to have us better organised at the back and there is a base for him to build on and work with.

As has been said Falkirk had zero on target therefore zero goals, if thats a better performance then you have been right shit. By competing all you did was defend in numbers and each time Ayr had the ball Falkirk dropped back into their own half, whereas Ayr were on the front foot most of the game.

Agree there wasn't much in it, good luck for the rest of the season.

39 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

Brutal game on a treacle slow plastic pitch but mighty impressed with the resolve Ayr are showing at the moment.  A lack of quality in the wide areas was a big problem for us today.  Geggan fills a hole but offers little going forward and someone really needs to coach Forrest to understand that he needs to try and run in behind some of the time - much too static.  Still, Falkirk has never been a great ground for us 

Exactly, got to go by his man sometimes instead of laying the ball off and create space.

The prime nuggets are the opposition supporters who want to point out how bad we are. They bring so much that’s never occurred to us before. Of course, they are always trumped by the Morton fan who likes and uses kiddy pics. He is both priceless and very very creepy.

The prime nuggets are the opposition supporters who want to point out how bad we are. They bring so much that’s never occurred to us before. Of course, they are always trumped by the Morton fan who likes and uses kiddy pics. He is both priceless and very very creepy.
Tell us how you're due giving someone a hiding, if you could only get a shot off on target.

5 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It'll get better solely with time, hang in son

14 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
19 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Tell us how you're due giving someone a hiding, if you could only get a shot off on target.

I think most of our support in fact all of our support know there is never really any danger of us giving anyone a hiding in our current state with our current crop of players

I thought we shaded the match without really getting going today. It was a dour affair tbh.

Mitchell should do better with the goal, he doesn't see it until late because Kerr is in the way but even still having got a hand to it he should keep it out.

Forrest is so frustrating at times he is static on the wing instead of running into space. I thought Murdoch was man of the match, he was fantastic.

I'm not sure how much of today was us not playing well or Falkirk playing well. I will say this, it is the mark of a good team to grind out results. Today was a grind.

Good luck for the rest of the season to Falkirk. I think you'll pick up some points before January and with Partick shitfesting it, you should be in touching distance when the window opens.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Joe McKee needs to learn to put a fucking tackle in. 

Wee Joe the destroyer hasnt put a tackle in since he splintered McGrandle's shin at Cappielow years ago. Always been a shitebag.

Wee Joe the destroyer hasnt put a tackle in since he splintered McGrandle's shin at Cappielow years ago. Always been a shitebag.
Not looking for him to be an enforcer or anything. He just needs to try and make some attempt to influence the direction of the ball from time to time.

I have often been a defender if his, of sorts, but he really fucking pissed me off today.

Falkirk could have won that game 3-1 if Lawrence Shankland played for them. I can understand why their supporters are encouraged by the performance.

While I thought we controlled large parts of the game, as borne out by the possession statistics, Falkirk seemed to have the bulk of the game's best chances, although from the far end it can sometimes be difficult to tell.

Murdoch was absolutely outstanding in midfield for us and what a difference having defenders who are comfortable on the ball makes; Rose continued his great form.

Further forward, it wasn't the game for Moore and Shankland upfront. With Forrest the only real creative outlet we needed a bit more guile, I felt.

Overall, we've taken nine points in a week against three teams who are struggling this season; we're top of the league by three points and are seven clear of Dundee United in 3rd. It's just an absolutely incredible time to be an Ayr United supporter.

Archived