weather watch

Sancho Panza

53 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:
1 hour ago, glensmad said:
Rossvale v Rutherglen Glencairn should be on.

Rossvale pitch may be playable but it's not the environment to be asking fans to watch football in as there is no protection whatsoever from the elements

That could happen any given Saturday, so we will deal with it.

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:
2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Rossvale pitch may be playable but it's not the environment to be asking fans to watch football in as there is no protection whatsoever from the elements

To be fair Chris, there are many junior grounds that offer little or no protection from the elements. 

38 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Yes that's true Dan
Benburb spring's to mind
Not really a dig at rossvale but if the weather is as bad as forecast I think the game should just be postponed to protect player's and spectators alike

I agree and have posted similar previously. If the winds are as strong as forecast, the game will be a farce

13 hours ago, glensmad said:

Aye we know , changing the fixture is fair enough, but I do agree there is no thought for supporters here, it's Rossvales park we're talking about here, in my opinion shouldn't be a junior venue in the first place, all fans will get soaked with no cover, and the wind? Well  , but f**k it, the clubs say let's swap it, no thought for supporters imo, and as everyone says, football is nothing without its fans

Aye we know , changing the fixture is fair enough, but I do agree there is no thought for supporters here, it's Rossvales park we're talking about here, in my opinion shouldn't be a junior venue in the first place, all fans will get soaked with no cover, and the wind? Well  , but f**k it, the clubs say let's swap it, no thought for supporters imo, and as everyone says, football is nothing without its fans
Who's to say the weather wouldn't be the same later in the season when it would have been scheduled for Huntershill ? As I said, I haven't heard one complaint from a Glencairn or a Rossvale fan about the game being switched.

Archived