Rangers v Motherwell - Remembrance Sunday

1 hour ago, Jimboyjones1976 said:

Not only did some human beings think that this was a good idea, some human beings actually went to the expense of making this banner and displaying it at a football match. The Green Brigade’s younger stupid brother.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of Killie's team are mediocre Scottish Premiership players who've improved massively under Clarke's excellent coaching. I'm not sure what's so offensive about that notion, unless you're convinced that Eamon Brophy and Kirk Broadfoot were some sort of Ayrshire Galacticos before Steve Clarke.

Broadfoot has played in the UEFA Cup final to be fair and won a few trophies in this country. For the Scottish top tier Broadfoot is a very competent player.

I agree with your point but guys like Broadfoot and Boyd are very good players, at this level.

Decent response after Thursday’s debacle albeit against 10 for 55 minutes, and a much needed confidence boost going into 3 testing games. Livi, Villarreal and the Jambos! Just 2pts off the pace, it ain’t all bad.

Gerrard seems to just stay on the positive side of the line in terms of results and how he is viewed by the SS.

He’s doing a great job of handling the pressure if you ask me because he is expected to win every game.

1 hour ago, welldaft said:

Yes our players are not playing as well as last season, but most of the Killie players you quote were in Lee McCullochs team when they were every bit as poor as Dundee and St Mirren have been this season.  Prior to Steve Clarke arrival. 

If we went back to that exact time now after what 8 games I very much doubt you would have wanted any Killie players in out team / squad. 

Anyway none of this changes the fact we were very poor today. We also have a tough run of games coming up in Nov / Dec. We need to get back to maximum effort. And hope that Craig Thompson is not referee for any more of our games EVER. 

Yes but the difference is that they had a group of players who were proven at this level and in some cases had played at the highest level and in Europe. Kris Boyd is the record top scorer in the top flight and he, like Burke, Broadfoot, McKenzie had more than proved that they were good enough at this level. Our current squad is filled with average to mediocre dross that would struggle to hold their own in the lower leagues of England. Obviously there are exceptions you mentioned but the likes of Bowman, McHugh, Sammon, Frear, ATS, Hartley, Main, Gorrin etc are poor players and our squad is bloated by dross thanks to poor recruitment and/or poor scouting. It will take more than just a new manager to turn our fortunes around.

If we can get a manager in who can somehow build a squad around Campbell, Turnbull and if he's still here, Cadden, then we might be okay, but that is obviously far easier said than done.

Wait... the Union Bears actually made a banner to slag off people who assisted the police in identifying a hit & run culprit?
The most despicable of c***s.

Whilst the same support slag Celtic for apparently not reporting incidents and bringing people to justice.

What a win and what a performance. Good to see Grezda get his first couple of goals, an assist and man of the match. Middleton stepping up to the mark again. Should be a cracker v livi after the break. Exciting times ahead for the Gers!

7 hours ago, MJC said:

It was a penalty and a yellow card any day of the week, indeed it was as clear cut a penalty/yellow as you are ever likely to see and anyone trying to claim otherwise is kidding themaelves. What McHugh was doing with his hands up like that inside the box defies belief and yet again he has cost us due to his naievity. That said the rest of the team can't use that as an excuse for the woeful capitulation in the second half. The defending was an embarrassment.

Still pretending to be a Motherwell fan...

6 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Morelos strikes me as the sort that I'd absolutely love at Morton and hate everywhere else. He's Rangers' Dougie Imrie.

I know what you’re getting at, but Morelos is on a different level to that kind of ‘love them when they’re yours and hate them when they’re playing for someone else’.

Just watching the highlights there and when he encourages the ref to give the second yellow, and then applauds it, well, I’d hate to have someone who behaves like that at my club.

Especially when the first yellow for the same bloke came as a result of play acting from Morelos as well.

Last week saw him for 90 minutes against Saints, and on multiple occasions he faked injury and tried to con the ref.

Horrible individual.

At the perfect club for him.

6 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

I know what you’re getting at, but Morelos is on a different level to that kind of ‘love them when they’re yours and hate them when they’re playing for someone else’.

Just watching the highlights there and when he encourages the ref to give the second yellow, and then applauds it, well, I’d hate to have someone who behaves like that at my club.

Especially when the first yellow for the same bloke came as a result of play acting from Morelos as well.

Last week saw him for 90 minutes against Saints, and on multiple occasions he faked injury and tried to con the ref.

Horrible individual.

At the perfect club for him.

Play acting against your club? He was hit by a coin by one of your so called supporters and didn’t go down holding his face and screaming to the World about racism.

As has been mentioned earlier McHugh was not booked just for that challenge on Morelos but was booked because Thompson had only a minute beforehand given him a last warning.  Then immediately after his booking he booted Morelos up in the air again. He absolutely should have gone then.  He then deliberately blocks a shot with his hand for a penalty.  IMO he had lost the plot a bit like his manager 

You do realise Morelos had to be subbed later in the game injured? Atakyi was also had to go off leaving us with ten men after a poor challenge that went unpunished 

If I was You I’d concentrate on your own team and supports failings. Watching the highlights you should have had a player booked numerous times for simulation 

2 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

Play acting against your club? He was hit by a coin by one of your so called supporters and didn’t go down holding his face and screaming to the World about racism.

As has been mentioned earlier McHugh was not booked just for that challenge on Morelos but was booked because Thompson had only a minute beforehand given him a last warning.  Then immediately after his booking he booted Morelos up in the air again. He absolutely should have gone then.  He then deliberately blocks a shot with his hand for a penalty.  IMO he had lost the plot a bit like his manager 

You do realise Morelos had to be subbed later in the game injured? Atakyi was also had to go off leaving us with ten men after a poor challenge that went unpunished 

If I was You I’d concentrate on your own team and supports failings. Watching the highlights you should have had a player booked numerous times for simulation 

Morelos is one of the worst cheats I've ever seen in close to 40 years of watching Scottish football.

Archived